By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Highest grossing movie of 2012?

Highest Grossing move of 2012?

The Dark Knight Rises 65 55.56%

The Avengers 5 4.27%

The Hobbit 38 32.48%

The Amazing Spiderman 6 5.13%

Hunger Games 0 0%

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 2 1.71%

Other 1 0.85%

Total:117

I personally believe that the Dark Knight Rises will take the crown as its one of the most anticipated movies of all time. Movies like the Hobbit and Avengers will surely become blockbusters but I don't think they can match up with the Dark Knight Rises. What movie do you think will take the box office crown?

Dark Knight Rises

The Avengers

The Hobbit

Hunger Games

The Amazing Spiderman

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2

Around the Network

The hobbit by at least 2x what the #2 grossing film has!

Hobbit

Yay!!!

man-bear-pig said:
The hobbit by at least 2x what the #2 grossing film has!

I think your point is actually very valid given the fact that the Return of the King made over 1.1 billion 9 years ago. If the Hobbit gets the same type of hype and critical reciption which is almost bound to happen it can reach the 2 billion mark. However the Dark Knight Rises will have marketing unseen in this industry ever before. And really this movie is expected a whole lot from and the fame/critical reciption/money the batman series reached after the Dark Knight released has been phenominal. 

Easy victory for the the dark knight rises

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

I don't know, I'll go with a hope and say The Dark Knight Rises.

Dark Knight Rises.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Well, apparently that twilight crap has a huge fanbase, who knows. I really hope either Batman or The Hobbit gets teh crown.

Batman>Hobbit>Spider-Man>Avengers>Twilight

The Expendables 2!!!