By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Highest grossing movie of 2012?

Highest Grossing move of 2012?

The Dark Knight Rises 65 55.56%

The Avengers 5 4.27%

The Hobbit 38 32.48%

The Amazing Spiderman 6 5.13%

Hunger Games 0 0%

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 2 1.71%

Other 1 0.85%

Total:117

I say The Hobbit because of it's worldwide appeal. Batman is amazingly popular in NA but outside that territory it's not doing as strong.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
I say The Hobbit because of it's worldwide appeal. Batman is amazingly popular in NA but outside that territory it's not doing as strong.

Deep down inside, you're screaming Spiderman

Probably Avengers.

I think:

TDKR -> The Hobbit -> The Avengers -> All else

I hope:

TDKR -> The Hobbit -> The Avengers -> Prometheus -> All else -> Twillight.

pezus said:
blkfish92 said:
Probably Avengers.

You take that back, or the pigeon dies!

No pigeons shall die and if they do...then there's much more than this to come.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Boutros said:

Deep down inside, you're screaming Spiderman 4

Fixed.

It will come down between DKR and the hobbit. Far behind on 3rd place Avengers and after it everything else.
Like a year ago I believed that Avengers could get enormous, but after Thor and CA kinda flopped I don't see it as the years top grossing movie...

Logic says the Hobbit should easily win. The Return of the King outgrossed the dark knight by over 100mil and it came out 5 years prior. So adjusted for inflation it outsold it by a lot more. You also have to take into account that the hobbit will be in 3d while, correct me if im wrong, the dark knight rises won't be so average ticket price will be much higher. 

But then again... Return of the King came out nearly a decade ago. And theres no doubt that without the Lord of the Rings name, many of the more casual viewers won't realize this movie is the prequel to the lord of the rings and might chose to ignore it.

Spider Man might also sell near 1bil, but I don't think any of the other movies will approach 1bil.

enrageorange said:

Logic says the Hobbit should easily win. The Return of the King outgrossed the dark knight by over 100mil and it came out 5 years prior. So adjusted for inflation it outsold it by a lot more. You also have to take into account that the hobbit will be in 3d while, correct me if im wrong, the dark knight rises won't be so average ticket price will be much higher. 

But then again... Return of the King came out nearly a decade ago. And theres no doubt that without the Lord of the Rings name, many of the more casual viewers won't realize this movie is the prequel to the lord of the rings and might chose to ignore it.

Spider Man might also sell near 1bil, but I don't think any of the other movies will approach 1bil.

Actually Ice Age 4 might get close to $1 billion considering the third one did about $900 million.

Ice Age 4 will probably get quite a lot as it seems to be really popular all over the world.