By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let Me Try This Again, Sony Copies Nintendo's Wii U Controller

happydolphin said:
Euphoria14 said:
happydolphin said:
enditall727 said:
angrypoolman said:
sony copying nintendo? lol ok. you know what nintendo needs to copy? they need to copy how to get good games from the ps3.

man i just have to say that this comment like actually had me over here DYING!!

LMFAO!!!!!

im not sure if you were trying to sound like Chad Warden or not but man that sh!t was funny

I say he wins the thread hands down.

What made that comment so great originally is that it was made back when the PS3 really didn't have many good games.

Not funny.

Just kidding. You mean throughout its lifecycle? :P

@blkfish92. Not in this day and age. If they couldn't for the N64, why could they now? Plus, they aren't really copying the tech, they're copying the business strategy and where and when to implement. They're copying the idea to market, not the tech.

Can't see the picture.

I think most consoles sucked through out this gen, not enough JRPGs that I could really enjoy. I was spoiled the generations prior.

I think recently the Wii has given me my best fix, that was with Xenoblade. I've always liked Monolith's games.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said

Also, the Vita fits your criteria though. Dual sticks, 4 face buttons, d-pad, shoulder buttons (Vita requires back panel to simulate R2/L2), 5-inch touch screen, ability to stream gaming from console to device. Only difference is that one is mandatory and can function only with it's host console while the other can go solo.

The difference here (I believe) is that the Vita, like the PSP, can only have the console game streamed to it instead of being displayed on the TV, not simultaneously.

Based on the following video of the Zelda HD real-time demo (about 1 minute in), we see that WiiU can actually display the full game on the TV while streaming the full game to the controller screen at the same time, giving it some unique possibilities for simultaneous interaction.  Not sure if Vita/PS3 would be able to do things like that golf demo you mentioned or that shuriken launching demo either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk

Euphoria14 said:
happydolphin said:

Not funny.

Can't see the picture.

I think most consoles sucked through out this gen, not enough JRPGs that I could really enjoy. I was spoiled the generations prior.

I think recently the Wii has given me my best fix, that was with Xenoblade. I've always liked Monolith's games.

No worries, it's just a pic of Tak Fuji saying "not funny" to his own joke (quite comical actually).

The games this gen were good, but games like Zelda WW, Prime, Pikmin, FFX, KH or DMC didn't release this gen really.

But Naughty Dog delivered in quality new IPs, Nintendo with its motion & casual offerings I enjoyed, the DS' fun new experiences, SMG, Skyward Sword, other now niche RPGs, games like Ni no kuni, Xenoblade, there were lots of gems honestly. The birth of LBP, games like Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Biochock and more games in that genre that don't really appeal to me but are considered high caliber games. An upcoming team Ico game. Then you have the killer new MMOs for PC, the birth of MOBA games, a whole new Starcraft, COD explosion, Kinect. The birth of mobile and facebook games, the introduction of Steam and the emergence of on live. Last but not least the penetration of Indie games with many stellar hits. It's been a fairly rich Gen all in all, I can't complain.

Euphoria14 said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Yet again, this has nothing to do with PSP or remote play. This is for something new, it was filed in 2010.
Please read before bashing.

I seriously cannot believe the people on this site, I am actually shocked.

You're initial argument was that Sony copied Nintendo with the Wii U controller, yet that is false because what the Wii U controller is basically an enhancement of what the PSP did and  what the Vita is capable of.

You then go with the argument and claim that the PSP point is invalid because the Wii U was in development before the Vita or the new patent.

You then continue that same line of arguing when you bring the GBA cable into it.

Someone on here says the Wii U patent is later than the Sony patent? Is this true? 

Don't act like you don't remember what was said in this thread as well as the last one.

Regardless, Nintendo are no saints. Just like everyone else, they copy too.

If he admits Nintendo actually wasn't the first one with the idea, he's forced to admit that Nintendo aren't ALMIGHTY, ALL KNOWING, UNQUESTIONABLE GENIUSES & MASTERS OF GAMING WHO ARE IN NO DOUBT RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD IN IT, and I believe he would rather castrate himself with hacksaw than do THAT

Player1x3 said:
Euphoria14 said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Yet again, this has nothing to do with PSP or remote play. This is for something new, it was filed in 2010.

You're initial argument was that Sony copied Nintendo with the Wii U controller, yet that is false because what the Wii U controller is basically an enhancement of what the PSP did and  what the Vita is capable of.

You then go with the argument and claim that the PSP point is invalid because the Wii U was in development before the Vita or the new patent.

You then continue that same line of arguing when you bring the GBA cable into it.

Someone on here says the Wii U patent is later than the Sony patent? Is this true? 

Don't act like you don't remember what was said in this thread as well as the last one.

If he admits Nintendo actually wasn't the first one with the idea, he's forced to admit that Nintendo aren't ALMIGHTY, ALL KNOWING, UNQUESTIONABLE GENIUSES & MASTERS OF GAMING WHO ARE IN NO DOUBT RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD IN IT, and I believe he would rather castrate himself with hacksaw than do THAT

Your sig works with everything so perfectly! XD

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
Euphoria14 said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

Getting a little carried away much? This post was actually meant for serious conversations

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Ok Sony did copy Nintendo, so?

glimmer_of_hope said:
Player1x3 said:
Euphoria14 said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

Getting a little carried away much? This post was actually meant for serious conversations

No, i just hate all the persistence to bring one company down while rising the other based on false evidence cherry picking and ignoring the data that proves otherwise

Rafux said:
Ok Sony did copy Nintendo, so?

Yep.  I'm not sure why people care so much.  I guess I never been so involved with the console wars so much to really care.  I just want the games.  Nintendo added the 2nd analog stick to the 3DS with their add-on after adding a first analog stick (Vita / PSP).  Microsoft improved upon the eye toy for Kinect.  It always seems to be one group of fans that obsess over this copying more than the others.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

glimmer_of_hope said:
Gunman121 said:

"Glimmer_of_hope:"" I am referring to a new controller that Sony had patented that is the same basic idea as the WiiU controller.
How do I treat people like nerds? Where the hell did that come from??"

" glimmer_of_hope: "" I cannot be on this site all day defending myself or to write a perfect article.....I have a job and a life.
People really need to stop being so offended to the point of attack because someone decided to write somthing about their beloved console maker. " 

Never the less, all companies are breaking everyones patents. Most companies ignore it, but the big ones take each other to court when they really feel like their feelings are hurt.

Looking over some of the patent details that you listed, I’m not seeing the similarities that you’re suggesting.

1) The hardware does not communicate in the same way
2) Technology presented, does not suggest that sony is doing anything in the same way.

"Glimmer of hope: "" Yet again, this has nothing to do with PSP or remote play. This is for something new, it was filed in 2010.

I seriously cannot believe the people on this site, I am actually shocked. "

You’re missing the point. People are making reference to the remote play, because you’re suggesting that nintendos patent on the controller is UNIQUE. People are telling you, that sonys earlier patents already utilize technology … though arguably in a much different way.

Really? ....Really? So because I say I have a job and a life, explaing why I cannot spend all day defending myself on the computer....you claim I am calling people nerds? That is so far from reality, I really dont know how to respond to it. That assumption is without merit.

A tablet controller is unique. It is a controller and a tablet all in one.....I see tablets and I see controllers. But not all in one.

When you suggest that you can't defend yourself every day on the internet, you indicate " I'm not a nerd." Which implies since the people here are responding quicker than you, that makes them nerds. The proper way to state that, without implying one is a nerd or without the ego. Is to say " I'll regularly check up on this thread, but my job takes up quite a bit of time."

All my points stand valid, as does Euphoria's. Your keep jumping around, and won't even indicate in your main page what you find common about the patents. 

Let me just point out in a logical way why you're also wrong.

1) Sony copies them

- How would Sony know what their R @ D group is doing?

- Why is it sonys technology runs on, modified versions of previous hardware (IE: progressively updating)

- Why has nintendo not sued, Apple has had great success suing companies

- Why is it, just YOU have found this out -- yet no major legal sites have pointed this out?

Fact is, you're being very picky and yet even by you being picky their is no content. You jump around arguments and never stick to one.