By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let Me Try This Again, Sony Copies Nintendo's Wii U Controller

NintendoPie said:
Euphoria14 said:
NintendoPie said:

why do you assume there is a connection with nintendo when sony has been releasing their own tablets?

What is the one to the far right? I've never seen it before...

You didn't know? It's the Sony DS.

Say it isn't so!

Why wouldn't it be so? Sony always copies Nintendo.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
NintendoPie said:
Euphoria14 said:
NintendoPie said:

why do you assume there is a connection with nintendo when sony has been releasing their own tablets?

Say it isn't so!

Where have you heard that? ;D (I was pulling you leg.)

TheKoreanGuy said:
NintendoPie said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Tablet controller? Gee, I wonder where Nintendo got that idea from.

As much as I love Nintendo and Sony, all companies these days take ideas from each other. People who get into fits over this are wasting their lives.

Yaaayyyy someone re-iterates what I have said before!

Whoops, didn't mean to be redundant. But some people just don't seem to stop and think.  =/

No, I was happy you did. That is why I have a happy face at the end.

NintendoPie said:
Euphoria14 said:
NintendoPie said:
Euphoria14 said:
NintendoPie said:

Say it isn't so!

I heard it from the Enlightened Ones.

Anyways, enough fun for one night, time to call it a day, already said my piece. Enjoy the rest in my absence.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

o_O.Q said:

"if Sony also releases a controller to its next system with a large embedded screen with wireless image streaming and touch controls"

yeah sony has never done anything like that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrYXsPMg9lM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASdFCTNA7I

I'll forgive your miss in reading comprehension since you've previously forgiven mine. Reread my post, I never said they didn't do it before, and I know about remote play. i specifically said this:

Of course, they aren't copying the tech per se (that tech already existed long ago, and I even predicted the tech used in the WiiU controller before it even was revealed, due to my basic background in computer networking.) No, it would be the business idea that's being copied. Copy copy copy - paste, go Kitler, make it pretty!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
NintendoPie said:
Euphoria14 said:
NintendoPie said:
Euphoria14 said:
NintendoPie said:

Say it isn't so!

I heard it from the Enlightened Ones.

Anyways, enough fun for one night, time to call it a day, already said my piece. Enjoy the rest in my absence.

LOL! Oh our insiders. ^_^

Gunman121 said:

"Glimmer_of_hope:"" I am referring to a new controller that Sony had patented that is the same basic idea as the WiiU controller.
How do I treat people like nerds? Where the hell did that come from??"

" glimmer_of_hope: "" I cannot be on this site all day defending myself or to write a perfect article.....I have a job and a life.
People really need to stop being so offended to the point of attack because someone decided to write somthing about their beloved console maker. " 

Never the less, all companies are breaking everyones patents. Most companies ignore it, but the big ones take each other to court when they really feel like their feelings are hurt.

Looking over some of the patent details that you listed, I’m not seeing the similarities that you’re suggesting.

1) The hardware does not communicate in the same way
2) Technology presented, does not suggest that sony is doing anything in the same way.

"Glimmer of hope: "" Yet again, this has nothing to do with PSP or remote play. This is for something new, it was filed in 2010.
Please read before bashing.

I seriously cannot believe the people on this site, I am actually shocked. "

You’re missing the point. People are making reference to the remote play, because you’re suggesting that nintendos patent on the controller is UNIQUE. People are telling you, that sonys earlier patents already utilize technology … though arguably in a much different way.

Really? ....Really? So because I say I have a job and a life, explaing why I cannot spend all day defending myself on the computer....you claim I am calling people nerds? That is so far from reality, I really dont know how to respond to it. That assumption is without merit.

A tablet controller is unique. It is a controller and a tablet all in one.....I see tablets and I see controllers. But not all in one.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

happydolphin said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Euphoria14 said:
Hey, why you keep ignoring my posts?

You say this is about tablets, yet you mention the GBA cable.
I prove the GBA cable was not first, and you ignore it.

So, I prove Sony did streaming from console game to handheld first, you ignore it.
You later try to finally rebut by using the GBA cable and I rebut it again, with you of course ignoring once again.

Do I expect an answer in the next thread?

I referred to GBA because the other person referred to PSP, reminding him that PSP was not the first to have connectivity to a console.

If you were to keep reading you would also see that I said it has nothing to do with handhelds, I said that conversation was made as a "smoke screen" to steer off of my post. I have said quite a few times now, this is for something new, it was filed in 2010.....not PSP or remote play.

You need to be a little patient man, I am doing other things. I cannot reply to every frivolous reply instantly!

You don't need to answer any of them actually. It took me 8 pages of back and forth with o_O.Q until I finally settled with Torillian that Nintendo didn't base the N64 design off the vectrex, Sony didn't copy Nintendo's technology, but sony followed Nintendo's lead (copied their business idea, not the tech). Let's see how long it takes for you to bring them out of denial for this one. And it's all hypothetical anyways (drafts of patents and whatnot, nothing official.)

One thing is certain, is that if Sony also releases a controller to its next system with a large embedded screen with wireless image streaming and touch controls, you can be sure the business idea is a direct retaliation to Nintendo's business move. Of course, they aren't copying the tech per se (that tech already existed long ago, and I even predicted the tech used in the WiiU controller before it even was revealed, due to my basic background in computer networking.) No, it would be the business idea that's being copied. Copy copy copy - paste, go Kitler, make it pretty!

See this makes more sense, and if SOny does put some funky screen on their next system or have somehting like a controller, ill be the first to eat crow with hot sauce. The problem with the OP is he has his nuts in a bee hive over a patent, he has no idea what SONY will do for their next console, no one does, no proof that SOny will copy WIi U tablet. And he continues to ignore the Remote Play function of PSP which is not hat different from Wii U. Now if he said, "SOny patent MIGHT lead to similar WIi U function" that wouldnt be so bad

glimmer_of_hope said:
Gunman121 said:

"Glimmer_of_hope:"" I am referring to a new controller that Sony had patented that is the same basic idea as the WiiU controller.
How do I treat people like nerds? Where the hell did that come from??"

" glimmer_of_hope: "" I cannot be on this site all day defending myself or to write a perfect article.....I have a job and a life.
People really need to stop being so offended to the point of attack because someone decided to write somthing about their beloved console maker. " 

Never the less, all companies are breaking everyones patents. Most companies ignore it, but the big ones take each other to court when they really feel like their feelings are hurt.

Looking over some of the patent details that you listed, I’m not seeing the similarities that you’re suggesting.

1) The hardware does not communicate in the same way
2) Technology presented, does not suggest that sony is doing anything in the same way.

"Glimmer of hope: "" Yet again, this has nothing to do with PSP or remote play. This is for something new, it was filed in 2010.
Please read before bashing.

I seriously cannot believe the people on this site, I am actually shocked. "

You’re missing the point. People are making reference to the remote play, because you’re suggesting that nintendos patent on the controller is UNIQUE. People are telling you, that sonys earlier patents already utilize technology … though arguably in a much different way.

Really? ....Really? So because I say I have a job and a life, explaing why I cannot spend all day defending myself on the computer....you claim I am calling people nerds? That is so far from reality, I really dont know how to respond to it. That assumption is without merit.

A tablet controller is unique. It is a controller and a tablet all in one.....I see tablets and I see controllers. But not all in one.

Makes me wonder why Sony didn't add remote play to the Xperia Play phone like they did with the AINO. If they did that then you would have a tablet device (Albeit with a smaller screen, but same functionality) and full gaming controls. That is one thing the phone was missing. Would have enjoyed the ability to stream PSN downloads like minis, PS1 games, etc... to the phone.

Also, the Vita fits your criteria though. Dual sticks, 4 face buttons, d-pad, shoulder buttons (Vita requires back panel to simulate R2/L2), 5-inch touch screen, ability to stream gaming from console to device. Only difference is that one is mandatory and can function only with it's host console while the other can go solo.

Currently playing:

glimmer_of_hope said:
Gunman121 said:

glimmer, take a deep breath, and realize this is not all that important. Once you've done that, understand that when someone is in denial, the points need to be presented slowly, structuredly (I made this word up), clearly and concisely. Otherwise, failure to exit denial may ensue.

Now choose.