By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let Me Try This Again, Sony Copies Nintendo's Wii U Controller

NintendoPie said:
o_O.Q said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Foetoid said:

Actually, sorry to disappoint, but you are wrong. Sony filed this Patent in 2010, while the WiiU controller patent was filed in early Feb 2011. Fail. I could just see you reading about the Sony patent and flailing around like a magikarp out of water as your stuck in fits of "Sony Copied Nintendo Siezures" even tho you didn't actually check the dates on which these patents were filed. Nice.

And im a huge fan of all things Nintendo. Its just that this time, noone really copied anyone. It was different when Sony ditched the original Ps1 controller when the N64 came out, added 2 analog sticks and rumble, that was BLATANT copying. But who cares? The games industry is better because of it. Nintendo innovates, everyone does something similar, everyone wins. Next minute you'll be complaining that just because someone came up with hybrid vehicles a while back, that now every car maker is making one. OHHH NOES THEY IS COPYING! /sigh

Ya Nintendo put in a whole wack of work and even made a working model of Wii U and the controller and filed for the patent, just 4 Months before revealing it at E3? Give your head a shake man!. 

I already referred to page 20 on the Nintendo link I posted.

This was patented Feb 2010, along with other patents.The date you are referring to is for all of the patents together. Now thats what I call Fail! 

ok i'll bite...

how can you be sure that the unreleased product that we can't be sure is even still in developement wasn't developed in accordance with their work on these

why do you assume there is a connection with nintendo when sony has been releasing their own tablets?

What is the one to the far right? I've never seen it before...

That is the Sony Tablet P. It's coming soon and a very interesting concept that it turned out to be (wasn't well received at first unveiling). You should check it out online, one of the best tabs out imo.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
o_O.Q said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Foetoid said:

Actually, sorry to disappoint, but you are wrong. Sony filed this Patent in 2010, while the WiiU controller patent was filed in early Feb 2011. Fail. I could just see you reading about the Sony patent and flailing around like a magikarp out of water as your stuck in fits of "Sony Copied Nintendo Siezures" even tho you didn't actually check the dates on which these patents were filed. Nice.

And im a huge fan of all things Nintendo. Its just that this time, noone really copied anyone. It was different when Sony ditched the original Ps1 controller when the N64 came out, added 2 analog sticks and rumble, that was BLATANT copying. But who cares? The games industry is better because of it. Nintendo innovates, everyone does something similar, everyone wins. Next minute you'll be complaining that just because someone came up with hybrid vehicles a while back, that now every car maker is making one. OHHH NOES THEY IS COPYING! /sigh

Ya Nintendo put in a whole wack of work and even made a working model of Wii U and the controller and filed for the patent, just 4 Months before revealing it at E3? Give your head a shake man!. 

This was patented Feb 2010, along with other patents.The date you are referring to is for all of the patents together. Now thats what I call Fail! 

ok i'll bite...

how can you be sure that the unreleased product that we can't be sure is even still in developement wasn't developed in accordance with their work on these

why do you assume there is a connection with nintendo when sony has been releasing their own tablets?

there are both tablets from sony

my point here is that the thread arthor seems to be passing the impression that sony only started working on tablets or technology associated with them after nintendo's reveal which is put simply nonsense

he seems to be forgetting the fact that they make electronics outside of gaming consoles and released two tablets last year

Solid-Stark said:
NintendoPie said:
o_O.Q said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Foetoid said:

ok i'll bite...

That is the Sony Tablet P. It's coming soon and a very interesting concept that it turned out to be (wasn't well received at first unveiling). You should check it out online, one of the best tabs out imo.

It looks very..... unportable.

glimmer_of_hope said:
Euphoria14 said:
Hey, why you keep ignoring my posts?

You say this is about tablets, yet you mention the GBA cable.
I prove the GBA cable was not first, and you ignore it.

So, I prove Sony did streaming from console game to handheld first, you ignore it.
You later try to finally rebut by using the GBA cable and I rebut it again, with you of course ignoring once again.

Do I expect an answer in the next thread?

I referred to GBA because the other person referred to PSP, reminding him that PSP was not the first to have connectivity to a console.

If you were to keep reading you would also see that I said it has nothing to do with handhelds, I said that conversation was made as a "smoke screen" to steer off of my post. I have said quite a few times now, this is for something new, it was filed in 2010.....not PSP or remote play.

You need to be a little patient man, I am doing other things. I cannot reply to every frivolous reply instantly!

You don't need to answer any of them actually. It took me 8 pages of back and forth with o_O.Q until I finally settled with Torillian that Nintendo didn't base the N64 design off the vectrex, Sony didn't copy Nintendo's technology, but sony followed Nintendo's lead (copied their business idea, not the tech). Let's see how long it takes for you to bring them out of denial for this one. And it's all hypothetical anyways (drafts of patents and whatnot, nothing official.)

One thing is certain, is that if Sony also releases a controller to its next system with a large embedded screen with wireless image streaming and touch controls, you can be sure the business idea is a direct retaliation to Nintendo's business move. Of course, they aren't copying the tech per se (that tech already existed long ago, and I even predicted the tech used in the WiiU controller before it even was revealed, due to my basic background in computer networking.) No, it would be the business idea that's being copied. Copy copy copy - paste, go Kitler, make it pretty!

BluGamer23 said:
oniyide said:
BluGamer23 said:

ah who cares you just know nintendo will sell more console than sony.. let sony be sony I feel sorry for the bastards anyway.. the psv is dying a slowly.. they lost heaps of money.. and the fans gotto hold on to some hope.. this shows nintendo might be on to something with this tablet controller..

funny thing is when the WiiU was announced Im pretty sure sony-only guys and haters says its the tablet controller is the STUPIDEST THING EVARR!! and still saying it to this day!.. now whats GOLD is when/if sony shows off their tablet ps4 controller.. it will be the BEST THING EVARR!! ... just wait and see this happen! haha

you're kinda slow, not even counting the PS1 and 2 systems, it was mostly Ninty fans saying the tablet was a stupid idea. Malstromites etc.

slow?..  are you telling me sony fans didnt say its a stupid idea?.. 

dont even get me started with malstrom..  lol I never seen such a grown man sulk so much about video games.. but thats another topic.

name me some SOny fans who have said it, point them out, cause i already name one Ninty fan and I can name at least one more

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Solid-Stark said:
NintendoPie said:
o_O.Q said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Foetoid said:

ok i'll bite...

It looks very..... unportable.

Haha i know what you mean, though i still like the design personally.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

glimmer_of_hope said:
Euphoria14 said:

So, I prove Sony did streaming from console game to handheld first, you ignore it.
You later try to finally rebut by using the GBA cable and I rebut it again, with you of course ignoring once again.

I referred to GBA because the other person referred to PSP, reminding him that PSP was not the first to have connectivity to a console.

If you were to keep reading you would also see that I said it has nothing to do with handhelds, I said that conversation was made as a "smoke screen" to steer off of my post. I have said quite a few times now, this is for something new, it was filed in 2010.....not PSP or remote play.

You need to be a little patient man, I am doing other things. I cannot reply to every frivolous reply instantly!

You said that in this thread, not the one prior to this one. In the previous thread you made no mention of a "smoke screen", you only made the thread to talk about how Sony copies. Or did you forget and think that what you now said here is the only one that counts?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139540&page=1

You kept switching arguments too in order to support your idea that Sony copied Nintendo as well, like when the Move and it's patents were brought up and it was shrugged off due to "candles".  Your argument for the Wii U against the 2009 patent shown was that the Wii U was in "planning stages from 2008". If I am not mistaken, those candles, balls, etc... were the "planning stages" too.

You say you're persistant because you're right, which is quite the cocky stance (I would know, I am the same way), but the fact is that you are persistant because you hope that you might end up being right, even though you continue to shift your argument from what it began as.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

glimmer_of_hope said:
oniyide said:
LOL, they should lock the thread again because the guy didnt seem to learn his lesson. PSP came out before 08. They had that remote play thing for a while. Granted, it kind of sucked. BUt what is does is stream some content from PS3 to PSP, Not that much different from Wii U tablet and no GBA to GC connectivity doesnt count as it doesnt even do the same thing the others are doing.

Plus, lets be honest here, SOny has there own actual tablet, did anyone really think that they werent gonna intergrate the two to some extent??

LOL....um no. Again this is not about PSP. Do you think Sony would apply for a patent for something to do with the PS3, 4 years after PS3 was released?. Let me try to explain sllllooowwwlllyyy to you. I clearly stated it was a WiiU like controller copy.

The patent I am referring to is NOT for the PSP or remote play. This is for 2010, something completly new.

Do you understand that? 

Wheres your proof?? Cause of a patent?? Really?? that means nothing. I brouht up PSP because alot of the things the Wii U can do is some of the things PSP remote play aleady does, so who's copying who?

You're just speculating nonsense, What you think SOny is going to make a tablet specifically for PS4?? They could, I doubt it, not when they are launching a new portable that could already do some of the things Wii U will do and they have their own actual tablets, use somes sense here

happydolphin said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Euphoria14 said:

You don't need to answer any of them actually. It took me 8 pages of back and forth withh o_O.Q until I finally settled with Torillian that Nintendo didn't base the N64 design off the vectrex, sony didn't copy Nintendo's technology, but sony followed Nintendo's lead (copied their business idea, not the tech). Let's see how long it takes for you to bring them out of denial for this one. And it's all hypothetical anyways (drafts of patents and whatnot, nothing official.)

One thing is certain, is that if Sony also releases a controller to its next system with a large embedded screen with wireless image streaming and touch controls, you can be sure the business idea is a direct retaliation to Nintendo's business move. Of course, they aren't copying the tech per se (that tech already existed long ago, and I even predicted the tech used in the WiiU controller before it even was revealed, due to my basic background in computer networking.) No, it would be the business idea that's being copied. Copy copy copy - paste, go Kitler, make it pretty!

"if Sony also releases a controller to its next system with a large embedded screen with wireless image streaming and touch controls"

yeah sony has never done anything like that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrYXsPMg9lM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASdFCTNA7I

NintendoPie said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Tablet controller? Gee, I wonder where Nintendo got that idea from.

As much as I love Nintendo and Sony, all companies these days take ideas from each other. People who get into fits over this are wasting their lives.

Yaaayyyy someone re-iterates what I have said before!

Whoops, didn't mean to be redundant. But some people just don't seem to stop and think.  =/