By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let Me Try This Again, Sony Copies Nintendo's Wii U Controller

Tablet controller? Gee, I wonder where Nintendo got that idea from.

As much as I love Nintendo and Sony, all companies these days take ideas from each other. People who get into fits over this are wasting their lives.

Around the Network
TheKoreanGuy said:
Tablet controller? Gee, I wonder where Nintendo got that idea from.

As much as I love Nintendo and Sony, all companies these days take ideas from each other. People who get into fits over this are wasting their lives.

Yaaayyyy someone re-iterates what I have said before!

glimmer_of_hope said:
Foetoid said:

Actually, sorry to disappoint, but you are wrong. Sony filed this Patent in 2010, while the WiiU controller patent was filed in early Feb 2011. Fail. I could just see you reading about the Sony patent and flailing around like a magikarp out of water as your stuck in fits of "Sony Copied Nintendo Siezures" even tho you didn't actually check the dates on which these patents were filed. Nice.

And im a huge fan of all things Nintendo. Its just that this time, noone really copied anyone. It was different when Sony ditched the original Ps1 controller when the N64 came out, added 2 analog sticks and rumble, that was BLATANT copying. But who cares? The games industry is better because of it. Nintendo innovates, everyone does something similar, everyone wins. Next minute you'll be complaining that just because someone came up with hybrid vehicles a while back, that now every car maker is making one. OHHH NOES THEY IS COPYING! /sigh

Ya Nintendo put in a whole wack of work and even made a working model of Wii U and the controller and filed for the patent, just 4 Months before revealing it at E3? Give your head a shake man!. 

I already referred to page 20 on the Nintendo link I posted.

This was patented Feb 2010, along with other patents.The date you are referring to is for all of the patents together. Now thats what I call Fail! 

ok i'll bite...

how can you be sure that the unreleased product that we can't be sure is even still in developement wasn't developed in accordance with their work on these

why do you assume there is a connection with nintendo when sony has been releasing their own tablets?

Euphoria14 said:
Hey, why you keep ignoring my posts?

You say this is about tablets, yet you mention the GBA cable.
I prove the GBA cable was not first, and you ignore it.

So, I prove Sony did streaming from console game to handheld first, you ignore it.
You later try to finally rebut by using the GBA cable and I rebut it again, with you of course ignoring once again.

Do I expect an answer in the next thread?

I referred to GBA because the other person referred to PSP, reminding him that PSP was not the first to have connectivity to a console.

If you were to keep reading you would also see that I said it has nothing to do with handhelds, I said that conversation was made as a "smoke screen" to steer off of my post. I have said quite a few times now, this is for something new, it was filed in 2010.....not PSP or remote play.

You need to be a little patient man, I am doing other things. I cannot reply to every frivolous reply instantly!

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

o_O.Q said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Foetoid said:

Actually, sorry to disappoint, but you are wrong. Sony filed this Patent in 2010, while the WiiU controller patent was filed in early Feb 2011. Fail. I could just see you reading about the Sony patent and flailing around like a magikarp out of water as your stuck in fits of "Sony Copied Nintendo Siezures" even tho you didn't actually check the dates on which these patents were filed. Nice.

And im a huge fan of all things Nintendo. Its just that this time, noone really copied anyone. It was different when Sony ditched the original Ps1 controller when the N64 came out, added 2 analog sticks and rumble, that was BLATANT copying. But who cares? The games industry is better because of it. Nintendo innovates, everyone does something similar, everyone wins. Next minute you'll be complaining that just because someone came up with hybrid vehicles a while back, that now every car maker is making one. OHHH NOES THEY IS COPYING! /sigh

Ya Nintendo put in a whole wack of work and even made a working model of Wii U and the controller and filed for the patent, just 4 Months before revealing it at E3? Give your head a shake man!. 

This was patented Feb 2010, along with other patents.The date you are referring to is for all of the patents together. Now thats what I call Fail! 

ok i'll bite...

how can you be sure that the unreleased product that we can't be sure is even still in developement wasn't developed in accordance with their work on these

why do you assume there is a connection with nintendo when sony has been releasing their own tablets?

What is the one to the far right? I've never seen it before...

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Wow you're persistent! XD

I'm persistant because i'm right. Plain and simple.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

glimmer_of_hope said:
NintendoPie said:
Wow you're persistent! XD

I'm persistant because i'm right. Plain and simple.

Okay... just don't let it get out of hand.

NintendoPie said:
o_O.Q said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Foetoid said:

ok i'll bite...

You didn't know? It's the Sony DS.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The ego on this one, my my...

Euphoria14 said:
NintendoPie said:
o_O.Q said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Foetoid said:

ok i'll bite...

You didn't know? It's the Sony DS.

Say it isn't so!