By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let Me Try This Again, Sony Copies Nintendo's Wii U Controller

Euphoria14 said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
Panama said:

Pretty sure the PSP came out before 2008.

Also why are you so adamant on pressing this point when you're wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play

Excuse me how am I wrong? I just provided you proof!

And by the way N64 and Gameboy Advance had console/handheld communication way before Sony!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_GameCube-Game_Boy_Advance_cable 

A cable that allowed the GBA to connect to the Gamecube and supplement gameplay by enabling small games to be played on the GBA in conjuction with Gamecube games.

Hmmm... sounds like the VMU, which came out in 1998. Excuse it for the lack of color.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMU

dont forget Pocketstation or did that not predate VMU??

Around the Network
BluGamer23 said:

ah who cares you just know nintendo will sell more console than sony.. let sony be sony I feel sorry for the bastards anyway.. the psv is dying a slowly.. they lost heaps of money.. and the fans gotto hold on to some hope.. this shows nintendo might be on to something with this tablet controller..

funny thing is when the WiiU was announced Im pretty sure sony-only guys and haters says its the tablet controller is the STUPIDEST THING EVARR!! and still saying it to this day!.. now whats GOLD is when/if sony shows off their tablet ps4 controller.. it will be the BEST THING EVARR!! ... just wait and see this happen! haha

you're kinda slow, not even counting the PS1 and 2 systems, it was mostly Ninty fans saying the tablet was a stupid idea. Malstromites etc.

Mummelmann said:
Ah, the good old "who copies who" discussion. Carry on then.

My sentiments exactly.  Back to playing games again.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

isnt it funny when you say something negative about sony you always get attacked even though its true?

well I Do, this place is a joke

oniyide said:
LOL, they should lock the thread again because the guy didnt seem to learn his lesson. PSP came out before 08. They had that remote play thing for a while. Granted, it kind of sucked. BUt what is does is stream some content from PS3 to PSP, Not that much different from Wii U tablet and no GBA to GC connectivity doesnt count as it doesnt even do the same thing the others are doing.

Plus, lets be honest here, SOny has there own actual tablet, did anyone really think that they werent gonna intergrate the two to some extent??

LOL....um no. Again this is not about PSP. Do you think Sony would apply for a patent for something to do with the PS3, 4 years after PS3 was released?. Let me try to explain sllllooowwwlllyyy to you. I clearly stated it was a WiiU like controller copy.

The patent I am referring to is NOT for the PSP or remote play. This is for 2010, something completly new.

Do you understand that? 

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Around the Network
oniyide said:
BluGamer23 said:

ah who cares you just know nintendo will sell more console than sony.. let sony be sony I feel sorry for the bastards anyway.. the psv is dying a slowly.. they lost heaps of money.. and the fans gotto hold on to some hope.. this shows nintendo might be on to something with this tablet controller..

funny thing is when the WiiU was announced Im pretty sure sony-only guys and haters says its the tablet controller is the STUPIDEST THING EVARR!! and still saying it to this day!.. now whats GOLD is when/if sony shows off their tablet ps4 controller.. it will be the BEST THING EVARR!! ... just wait and see this happen! haha

you're kinda slow, not even counting the PS1 and 2 systems, it was mostly Ninty fans saying the tablet was a stupid idea. Malstromites etc.

slow?..  are you telling me sony fans didnt say its a stupid idea?.. 

dont even get me started with malstrom..  lol I never seen such a grown man sulk so much about video games.. but thats another topic.

Guys, the place to rip each others' heads is here -> http://goo.gl/bFSU5

What better place than a family roast? See yas all there.

glimmer_of_hope said:
oniyide said:
LOL, they should lock the thread again because the guy didnt seem to learn his lesson. PSP came out before 08. They had that remote play thing for a while. Granted, it kind of sucked. BUt what is does is stream some content from PS3 to PSP, Not that much different from Wii U tablet and no GBA to GC connectivity doesnt count as it doesnt even do the same thing the others are doing.

Plus, lets be honest here, SOny has there own actual tablet, did anyone really think that they werent gonna intergrate the two to some extent??

LOL....um no. Again this is not about PSP. Do you think Sony would apply for a patent for something to do with the PS3, 4 years after PS3 was released?. Let me try to explain sllllooowwwlllyyy to you. I clearly stated it was a WiiU like controller copy.

The patent I am referring to is NOT for the PSP or remote play. This is for 2010, something completly new.

Do you understand that? 

this sony wii-u like controller is obviously the superior one.. best thing EVARR! ..the wii-u is a stupid idea.. even ninty fans apparently hates it

Firstly, Could you please explain what sony is copying? You link us to page 20, yet I’m still unclear as to what you’re citing in both topics.

Second, you tell people to stop attacking you yet … you blatantly treat people as if they’re nerds who have no clear direction? Fair enough if you believe so, but treat others as you wish to be treated .. eh ?

Companys tend to do stuff like that. If the competition comes out with a good successful product then they will want to get in on some of the profit. I think the biggest example is probably the PS Move. Obviously Sony wanted to get in on the whole motion gaming craze (even though the PS Move sucked) so they basically flat out copied the Wii. I really don't care though. It's just how things work.