By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let Me Try This Again, Sony Copies Nintendo's Wii U Controller

I wonder something.

During the Wii U unveil (I believe it was then) Nintendo showed a cool idea where you use the Wiimote like a golf club and the tablet controller was laid on the floor and displayed the golf ball you were to hit.

Seeing that Vita has a front facing camera, shouldn't it be capable of doing that with the Move? Not even sure if it would need the camera either since it should be fine handling it with just the gyros and accelerometers right?

Just curious because I don't see why it shouldn't. I really liked that idea.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
I wonder something.

During the Wii U unveil (I believe it was then) Nintendo showed a cool idea where you use the Wiimote like a golf club and the tablet controller was laid on the floor and displayed the golf ball you were to hit.

Seeing that Vita has a front facing camera, shouldn't it be capable of doing that with the Move?

Yeah but then Sony would be copying Nintendo... again! ;)

Well this thread has hit the fan and then randomly combusted....

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
Well this thread has hit the fan and then randomly combusted....

I'm sorry I'm getting of topic here but whenver I see your avatar I seem to become...... mind controlled. 

NintendoPie said:
Euphoria14 said:
I wonder something.

Seeing that Vita has a front facing camera, shouldn't it be capable of doing that with the Move?

Yeah but then Sony would be copying Nintendo... again! ;)

Nah, it would just show that the Wii U controller and it's abilities aren't as unique as many think. What is unique is some of the ideas Nintendo has for the device.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:
sony copying nintendo? lol ok. you know what nintendo needs to copy? they need to copy how to get good games from the ps3.

man i just have to say that this comment like actually had me over here DYING!!

LMFAO!!!!!

im not sure if you were trying to sound like Chad Warden or not but man that sh!t was funny

enditall727 said:
angrypoolman said:
sony copying nintendo? lol ok. you know what nintendo needs to copy? they need to copy how to get good games from the ps3.

LMFAO!!!!!

im not sure if you were trying to sound like Chad Warden or not but man that sh!t was funny

I say he wins the thread hands down.

happydolphin said:
enditall727 said:
angrypoolman said:

LMFAO!!!!!

I say he wins the thread hands down.

What made that comment so great originally is that it was made back when the PS3 really didn't have many good games.

Currently playing:

So can Nintendo sue Sony or what? I doubt Nintendo would win anyway just because it would take to long looking and verifying all these patents and what not.

Euphoria14 said:

What made that comment so great originally is that it was made back when the PS3 really didn't have many good games.

Not funny.

Just kidding. You mean throughout its lifecycle? :P

@blkfish92. Not in this day and age. If they couldn't for the N64, why could they now? Plus, they aren't really copying the tech, they're copying the business strategy and where and when to implement. They're copying the idea to market, not the tech.