By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let Me Try This Again, Sony Copies Nintendo's Wii U Controller

Wow, lol. This is so stupid. It doesn't matter what the controller looks like it's doing the same thing. The vita is basically the same thing as Nintendo new controller, it's a small gaming tablet. That can interact with the PS with remote play, steaming back and forth from on device to the other. But one you can keep playing even when your not home. Get over it. you're wrong. And saying "because I've said so" doesn't make you right.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Actually he posted the link, and there have been multiple stories on it over the past 3 days alone. How is he wrong?

It's probably best not to worry about it. People will always have their opinions. And how many people do you reckon actually read the OP or the links before posting that he was wrong? 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The Vita and the Wii U are 2 completly diferent beasts, enought said.

Conegamer said:
spurgeonryan said:
Actually he posted the link, and there have been multiple stories on it over the past 3 days alone. How is he wrong?

It's probably best not to worry about it. People will always have their opinions. And how many people do you reckon actually read the OP or the links before posting that he was wrong? 

2 is a big estimate. Me, you and spurge.

Sony patented this before the reveal of the Wii U controller. Even then, tablet gaming is the next logical step in gaming. It's a popular interface for computing so it's going to be a logical choice for a gaming interface.

Around the Network

It's funny because no one blames Nintendo for copying the Dreamcast controller.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

We all know Ninty NEVER copies, there too good for that, never mind the 2nd stick addon for 3DS!! While we're at it how come no one is saying Kinect copied PSEye.

OT is anyone backing this guy??

oniyide said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

We all know Ninty NEVER copies, there too good for that, never mind the 2nd stick addon for 3DS!! While we're at it how come no one is saying Kinect copied PSEye.

So so, here's my view: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4410970

Sony, if this is true, would've copied Nintendo's business idea, while the tech itself is nothing new. It's mostly the API that's innovative in how it leverages the HW.

spurgeonryan said:
Rafux said:
Ok Sony did copy Nintendo, so?

Agreed. Nintendo wii U controller copies ipad. 3DS copies Virtual Boy. Cycle complete.

Hrm... I can't agree with that.

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

So so, here's my view: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4410970

Sony, if this is true, would've copied Nintendo's business idea, while the tech itself is nothing new. It's mostly the API that's innovative in how it leverages the HW.

thats all well and good, but we still dont know if SOny will follow suit with their own tablet controller. Its just a patent, its not near enough proof, hell i remember when Sony had a patent for that PS2 player add on for newer PS3s, they had pics and everything and nothing came from it