By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo renaming the WiiU before E3

Honestly, I hope they do change the name and also hope that "Wii" isn't in the name at all.

I don't like:

Wii U
Wii 2
Super Wii

The best out of those is Wii U though IMO.

I suck at thinking of names so therefor I won't. Out of all of the options posted in this thread:

Stream is the one I like the most because it makes since and still sounds good

Around the Network

Super Streme

Wii2

I liked Stream.

Love and tolerate.

A possible name that could confuse people even further would be WiiDS. The WiiU is essentially a double screen Wii.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

How about the NES2 or just NES ?

Back to basics, and a new start to gaming much like the original was. Alot of bands come out with a second self-titled album later in their career why not Nintendo?

1) Super Nintendo Wii.
2) Nintendo 6.

Well, call it Wii-2 and there won't be confusion as people understand its a sequel then. However, if losing the Wii moniker is considered not as important, then a wholly new name would definitely be ok too.

But, WiiU is definitely a little confusing right off the bat as it does not clearly tell the purchaser its a new version. Basically, yes, you will have the same confusion where many people thought the 3DS was just a DS with 3D capabilities.

ohh I like some of your suggestions with Stream. Kinda still flows with the whole Wii name too.

I still stand by the name - Super Wii