By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anonymous Threaten To Take Down Xbox LIVE Servers, Youtube, Facebook, PSN. Edit: CBS website taken down and more

Tagged games:

I find this pretty amusing. In the end, I don't think they're really going to be able to do all that because that's a lot of big services they're threatening here.

Around the Network

why do I feel like were seeing the rise of the "The Legion" from the Fallout series... but im baked too so it could be that

If they hack all of these services to pull a cool stunt or put up an advertisement or a message, then that would be cool. Shutting them down for no apparent reason isn't cool and wouldn't achieve anything.

BasilZero said:
Forget XBL and PSN

Why did they want to take down YouTube? wtf man

I wouldn't mind Youtube going down considering they put all those bs paid commercials you have to watch before a lot of the videos.  Perhaps they should just attack Vevo considering I have to see their damn ads the most....  Fuck Vevo...  Yes, I know all sites need ads but do I really have to watch 20 Vevo ads in a row.  Also, it should be a lot easier find uncensored version of songs.  Try listening to this classic song that Vevo offers on Youtube.  Apparently, Vevo doesn't have enough balls to have uncensored music.

Fuck censorship

hmmm... interesting... don't really think they can take down xbox live all all the other shits, good luck with that.

But I will say, do it Anonymous! show us your POWA!!! LOL!!! hack those shit and take em down good! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!LOL!!!LOL!!!L!!L!L!L!O!QW@!!!!

Around the Network

To me it feels like Anonymous is kinda toothless right now, spending so much effort with all the Sony hacking, it seems the subsequent arrest have cost them a lot of actual talent.
Too bad, now that there is something that really is worth fighting for.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Adinnieken said:
NintendoPie said:
VGKing said:
Adinnieken said:
From what I've read, it seems as though the MegaUpload folk knew what was happening on their site, allowed it to happen, and even participated in it. That's why they weren't afforded safe harbor under the DMCA and that's why the US government went after them.

Megaupload has a system in place where copyright holders can issue a takedown notice. It's similar to Youtube.

Is that the thing where the video goes private/goes away on Youtube? The copyright owner taking them down?

No, when a YouTube video is removed, it is inaccessable by both the original uploader as well as the public.  In addition, the public is notified that the content was removed due to infringement (kinder language is used).  The original uploader is notified that their content has been removed, linked to YouTube's upload policy, and reminded that they get one more strike before they go to copyright school or get banned.

Thanks. But, Copy Right School?

Megaupload? weird.. have never heard of them

Piratebay on the other hand :).. wait what happened to the piratebay threat 1-2 years back? beacuse it's still up and running :)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Actually I hope facebook and youtube are shut down as soon as possible.... I have exams this week :P

NintendoPie said:
Adinnieken said:
NintendoPie said:
VGKing said:
Adinnieken said:
From what I've read, it seems as though the MegaUpload folk knew what was happening on their site, allowed it to happen, and even participated in it. That's why they weren't afforded safe harbor under the DMCA and that's why the US government went after them.

Megaupload has a system in place where copyright holders can issue a takedown notice. It's similar to Youtube.

Is that the thing where the video goes private/goes away on Youtube? The copyright owner taking them down?

No, when a YouTube video is removed, it is inaccessable by both the original uploader as well as the public.  In addition, the public is notified that the content was removed due to infringement (kinder language is used).  The original uploader is notified that their content has been removed, linked to YouTube's upload policy, and reminded that they get one more strike before they go to copyright school or get banned.

Thanks. But, Copy Right School?

From what I recall, YouTube offers a reprieve to members who obtain two strikes.  After the second strike, you have to go through an online presentation on copyright, then swear you won't infringe on copyrighted material again.  If you do that, you get your account back.