By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anonymous Threaten To Take Down Xbox LIVE Servers, Youtube, Facebook, PSN. Edit: CBS website taken down and more

Tagged games:

Man these guys are boring, they take down a site for 20 minutes and everybody spends days talking about how epic it was.

Around the Network
Zim said:
Ajescent said:
Didn't they say they were going to attack facebook on Guy Fawkes? How did that turn out?

No. That was just someone saying it under their guise. 

Isn't that essentially the only factor that identifies every anonymous member?

NintendoPie said:
VGKing said:
Adinnieken said:
From what I've read, it seems as though the MegaUpload folk knew what was happening on their site, allowed it to happen, and even participated in it. That's why they weren't afforded safe harbor under the DMCA and that's why the US government went after them.

Megaupload has a system in place where copyright holders can issue a takedown notice. It's similar to Youtube.

Is that the thing where the video goes private/goes away on Youtube? The copyright owner taking them down?

When a video gets taken down for copyright infringement it will say "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by [Insert Company here]"
When that happens, the person who uploaded that video usually deletes the video since its not viewable, so you will get a new message "This video has been deleted by the user"

I know some people in Anonymous supposedly. I think it was a pretty good statement taking down the FBI for like a few hours but hacking Youtube won't accomplish anything and will only hurt their cause.

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
VGKing said:

Megaupload has a system in place where copyright holders can issue a takedown notice. It's similar to Youtube.

Is that the thing where the video goes private/goes away on Youtube? The copyright owner taking them down?

Video going private wouldnt get affected by copyright owners unless you post your video on the public sites like this forum lol.

But when you get flagged by YouTube's system on copyright infrigment, you get a warning where you can make dispute claim. If you dont, your video gets removed, muted or get random Ads placed on it.

Btw I got flagged yesterday , apparently my Chrono Trigger videos were the property of GoPotatoTV (another youtube partner channel) ~.~

Made a dispute and pm'd the owner of the channel, he removed the warnings *-* so my videos are safe now lawl.

That had to be annoying. >.>

Around the Network

Well lets see how many of those they can actually take down...I'm curious

the ones behind the bill are music companies, movies, and pretty much all related to piracy so taking youtube down is sending a message to them since it will hurt those companies.

pezus said:
chapset said:
I dare them to take down xbox live, since it's a payed service it should be a shit load harder to hack then PSN, you get what you pay for after all, I bet they can't do it

I wouldn't bet against Anonymous honestly

Me either. It's kind of outlandish, but it's not like they're threatening to leave the house and get laid or anything. This could actually happen.

These megalomaniacal little cunts are just too much. They're outraged that the government wants to control the internet, as well they should be, but think nothing of violating others' right to free expression time and again. It's always good to see them throw another temper tantrum, though. The more they do it, the better the chances they'll end up getting their kidneys probed in some prison's shower, which is not something I'd usually condone but absolutely seems to be what the doctor has ordered here: a hard dose of reality, right up the backside.

nnodley said:
Really i just don't understand what bringing down xbox live, youtube, twitter, Facebook, etc. have to do with wanting megaupload back up. Keep hacking the government not the people who were not involved in it. Their logic is failing hardcore.

So true. Instead of taking down government websites which nobody would care about, they threaten to take down Youtube, Facebook and Twitter which would just piss everyone off and get the general public against them.

Honestly people would be more pissed that youtube/facebook/twitter was taken down than they would be glad that megaupload is back up. 

lol please. Anon is just full of hot air that is all talk.

Lulsec was a group that actually had the balls to get shit done.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.