By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anonymous Threaten To Take Down Xbox LIVE Servers, Youtube, Facebook, PSN. Edit: CBS website taken down and more

Tagged games:

Ajescent said:
NintendoPie said:
Ajescent said:
Wait, what did Youtube do to them- what did anyone do to them? This doesn't make any sense!!

It seems like it's what someone else said: they are trying to show off thier "power."

Best part is people still support them...

I would rather not be in a world where corporations and governments are the only ones who can operate in secret.  I prefer the reverse.  With this preferring the opposite has to come with a degree of tolerance of the action of some individuals to powers that be who don't really impact me if harm is done to them.

Would you prefer to have a world where only governments and corporations can act in secret?

Around the Network

From what I've read, it seems as though the MegaUpload folk knew what was happening on their site, allowed it to happen, and even participated in it. That's why they weren't afforded safe harbor under the DMCA and that's why the US government went after them.

Didn't they say they would hack Facebook back in November?? LOL

richardhutnik said:
Ajescent said:
NintendoPie said:
Ajescent said:
Wait, what did Youtube do to them- what did anyone do to them? This doesn't make any sense!!

It seems like it's what someone else said: they are trying to show off thier "power."

I would rather not be in a world where corporations and governments are the only ones who can operate in secret.  I prefer the reverse.  With this preferring the opposite has to come with a degree of tolerance of the action of some individuals to powers that be who don't really impact me if harm is done to them.

Would you prefer to have a world where only governments and corporations can act in secret?

I'd prefer a world with good guys as well as villians...these are not the good guys you are looking for

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

how dare the US government pull the plug on a website... Everyone should know by now only Annonymous has the right to do that...

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Ajescent said:
NintendoPie said:
Ajescent said:

All Governments already do that... It is kind of a scary thing to think about especially since Big Brother is watching your every move

Adinnieken said:
From what I've read, it seems as though the MegaUpload folk knew what was happening on their site, allowed it to happen, and even participated in it. That's why they weren't afforded safe harbor under the DMCA and that's why the US government went after them.

Megaupload has a system in place where copyright holders can issue a takedown notice. It's similar to Youtube.

VGKing said:
Adinnieken said:

Megaupload has a system in place where copyright holders can issue a takedown notice. It's similar to Youtube.

Is that the thing where the video goes private/goes away on Youtube? The copyright owner taking them down?

If they want to get people actually on their side then it would be wise to NOT take down websites/servers that people paid to have access for.

SnakeDrake said:
Yes stop SOPA by taking down the internet itself.

I say that's a logic WIN!