By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - George Lucas Blames 'Star Wars' Critics for Killing Series

If anyone killed star wars it was Lucas himself.

He shaped my childhood only to piss on it years later.

When I'm dead he'll probably dig up my bones and [censored] them too...

while I belt out a thunderous: 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'

Around the Network

I heard that working for George Lucas was like working at a Nazi training camp. The actors have to listen to everything what he has to say without question. The creative team also fears Lucas when he steps into the creative room. Everybody also has to laugh at his bad jokes too.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Geesh, the last thing you want to do is admit that trolls got to you. If I had anymore respect left for this guy, it would be gone.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Honestly, I don't understand what was so good about the old Star Wars movies? Had the Internet been around back then, no one would have liked those ones either. There is not really anything better about them than the newer movies.

Did anyone actually think that the Droids, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and all of those characters WEREN'T cheesy as hell? How about lines like "May the force be with you!" This is what Starwars is about, complete cheese. Characters like Jar Jar fit in there fairly well.

I think the difference with the Internet is that the nerdy Starwars fanbase is upset that every single character is not Terminator badass - the Internet nerd is very egotistical, and anything that threatens that "badass" persona they build up for themselves is something they want nothing to do with - this is why so many of them like Industrial and Heavy/slash/core/evil/death/black/badass/hardcore/deathcore/slashcore/evilcore/badasscore Metal. You're a bunch of GROWN MEN who play magic cards and dungeons and dragons, and read comic books, in places where no one else on the Internet is looking - and yet you critisize Jar Jar =P

Truth be told, I can't get through any of the Star Wars movies except for Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith, and Return of the Jedi if I had a lot of Caffeine.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Gosh.. at least he aknowledge that fans are hating on him... for a while I thought he just lived in his own universe far far away.. and Han shot first!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

The prequels are horrible, at least he won't be milking SW every 5 minutes now... maybe

And another thing. I think the whole Han shot first think was the most retarded thing I ever seen.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Rafux said:
The prequels are horrible, at least he won't be milking SW every 5 minutes now... maybe

He'll probably get some sort of cash if anyone uses his ideas though for a release.

Basil's YouTube Channel

He's taking it way too personal. Like the OP said, it still generated 4.4 Billion dollars in revenue, that's, like, WOW.
He's letting the vocal minority get to him. For every raging fanboy out there screaming how much Lucas has 'destroyed StarWars', there's 1,000 others out there who like the movies. Besides, those raging fanboys are letting nostalgia get to them in turn. It's not like the original SW trilogy is oscar-worthy, as far as movies go. It's just that for their time, they were good, and the people that are fans were mostly very young when these came out. It's the same with videogames, music, and a lot of other things too, really.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Jumpin said:

Honestly, I don't understand what was so good about the old Star Wars movies? Had the Internet been around back then, no one would have liked those ones either. There is not really anything better about them than the newer movies.

Did anyone actually think that the Droids, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and all of those characters WEREN'T cheesy as hell? How about lines like "May the force be with you!" This is what Starwars is about, complete cheese. Characters like Jar Jar fit in there fairly well.

I think the difference with the Internet is that the nerdy Starwars fanbase is upset that every single character is not Terminator badass - the Internet nerd is very egotistical, and anything that threatens that "badass" persona they build up for themselves is something they want nothing to do with - this is why so many of them like Industrial and Heavy/slash/core/evil/death/black/badass/hardcore/deathcore/slashcore/evilcore/badasscore Metal. You're a bunch of GROWN MEN who play magic cards and dungeons and dragons, and read comic books, in places where no one else on the Internet is looking - and yet you critisize Jar Jar =P

Truth be told, I can't get through any of the Star Wars movies except for Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith, and Return of the Jedi if I had a lot of Caffeine.

The prequels are significantly worse in acting, dialogue, pacing, and have clear plot problems whenever they "line-up" with the original series ... I would even argue that, due to how excessively they were used and being that computer generated effects age poorly, the special effects from the original movies look better in many cases than the special effects in the prequels.

With that said, I think the best approach to making more starwars movies would be to hand the reigns to another writer/director (Joss Whedon for example) who should do a series based on another time-frame entirely (say The Old Republic). While it gives people "new" Star Wars movies, it also provides an opportunity for a clean break from whatever else has been done.