By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - George Lucas Blames 'Star Wars' Critics for Killing Series

Signalstar said:
This makes me happy. Star Wars is pretty awful outside of the 2.5 movies that are good.

You're a horrible person. SW in all six movies is an epic story and great set of movies.

OT Lucas needs to man up and realize there are just as many fans who think these idiots who cry foul everytime there is an enhancement. Would I have made as many changes? no. However, the movies are still fantastic and the only real critism I have is when you put out a movie, put the original and enhanced versions to appeal to everyone. Fact is, regardless of the changes it makes billions.

I want more SW. Live action, not cartoon.

Around the Network

Geaorge Lucas is a weak man... how could he be so weak as to allow internet criticism to keep him down, its shamefull on his part...

george lucas is worth billions and he lets a bit of criticism and free speech from critical nobodies get to him. Star Wars has been one of the most successful/milked franchises of all time. the first two star wars films were critical successes, the next two had mixed reviews and then the last two well they were ripped to pieces by the critics and divided fans.

george should go back to enjoying his billionaire lifestyle and leave the critics and fans to fight it out among themselves.

hatmoza said:
Geesh, the last thing you want to do is admit that trolls got to you. If I had anymore respect left for this guy, it would be gone.

If I had any respect left for this goiter-necked fuck, it would have evaporated the second I saw this shirt stretched over his corpulence:

What a miserably unaware creature.

Jar Jar Binks is possible the worst character in any movie. The movie would have been a lot better without that piece of shit.

Around the Network

wait, how can Star Wars be possibly dead!?

i mean it's one of the most successful series of all time, and Vader has become an icon of evil :P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

hehey said:
Geaorge Lucas is a weak man... how could he be so weak as to allow internet criticism to keep him down, its shamefull on his part...

I also think its a bit pathetic to let fans get to him.  Kind of defeats his whole saying earlier of "its my movies"

But in the same sense I can also emphathize with him on this.  Star Wars fans are the worst fans in the world imo.  ONLY bitching from them.  I mean does an Ewok blinking really mean the end of the world.  Does making the planet aleraan blowing up look more realist ruin life.  Does adding an actor who was in 3 other movies versus a guy who we barely saw part of his face make the movie unwatchable. 

Hell only bad things imo in the series for me was the "NOOOOOOOOOOO" and a few of the kid anakins lines in the first movie.  Otherwise I'm pretty golden on the rest.

If these die hard fans love the original so much, then dust off your vhs and put in your original copy.  If you don't have one, then be a real star wars fan and fork over the cash for one.

irstupid said:
hehey said:

I also think its a bit pathetic to let fans get to him.  Kind of defeats his whole saying earlier of "its my movies"

But in the same sense I can also emphathize with him on this.  Star Wars fans are the worst fans in the world imo.  ONLY bitching from them.  I mean does an Ewok blinking really mean the end of the world.  Does making the planet aleraan blowing up look more realist ruin life.  Does adding an actor who was in 3 other movies versus a guy who we barely saw part of his face make the movie unwatchable. 

Hell only bad things imo in the series for me was the "NOOOOOOOOOOO" and a few of the kid anakins lines in the first movie.  Otherwise I'm pretty golden on the rest.

If these die hard fans love the original so much, then dust off your vhs and put in your original copy.  If you don't have one, then be a real star wars fan and fork over the cash for one.

Your ignoring that some of his changes to the original movies alters the tone of the movies and changes the characters ... Consider adding Jabba the Hutt and Han shooting second in Episode 4: A New Hope

What people should learn from George Lucas' experience with Star Wars is that it is a terrible idea to modify iconic movies after they have been released, and it is a really bad idea to create sequels/prequels to movies after decades have passed because it is likely that you're in a very different mindset than when you made the original movie(s) and your fans are (probably) in a very different mindset than when they viewed the original movies. The movies aren't going to match up with the originals, your fans are going to be disappointed and probably quite angry.

Another example of this is Indiana Jones 4 ...

If you're on a quest for more money, start over and do something different that stands on its own ...

The critics have not killed Star Wars; George Lucas killed it. If George Lucas actually makes a good star wars movie; people will love it.

i guess he saw this:

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag/the-people-vs-george-lucas-and-star-wars-discussion/

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’