By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/9 ~ 1/15

RolStoppable said:
pezus said:
Media Create threads have really become troll infestations as of late, I wonder why...

They are not too different from how they looked like after the 3DS launch.

That's why it's lame to judge consoles so soon. They did it for the 3DS, they did it for the Wii, they did it for the DS, and now they're doing it for the Vita... I find it's as if some users don't learn from the past. :S

Around the Network

There's a reason PS Vita is falling behind 3DS and even PSP in its first month on the market.

3DS
-Riding on the success of the hugely successful DS
-This contributed to its relatively strong launch

PSP
-Riding on the success of the most successful console ever, the PS2.
-Sony's 1st portable console and real competition for Nintendo portables.

Vita
-Riding on the success of the portable made popular by Monster Hunter. 3DS has a Monster Hunter game in time for holidays, Vita doesn't.
-PSP owners chose a 3DS over Vita this holiday because of Monster Hunter. PSP owners will only upgrade to a Vita once a Monster Hunter game is released for it.
-DS owners are upgrading to the 3DS
-All this adds up to a weak 1st month of sales for Vita. It's not surprising and sales will be low until either a price cut or AAA software releases like Monster Hunter.

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
So far consoles we have killed at some point in Japan.

360: Still dead
PS3: Dead for a couple year than back to life
PSP: DIED than saved by some Monster Hunter
3DS: DIED than games saved it, although most forget
Wii: alive but drunk
DS: NEVER DEAD.
PS2: EVOLUTION

Ever thought about posting something informative or constructive? Why not give us your take on vita, perhaps how you see it panning out over the next 6 and 12 months?

Actually 3 months would be a fair assessment. Asking for 6 months will still be alright, but 12 months can be hard to predict for anyone since factors of things like killer apps and price cut would be up in the air. 

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
So far consoles we have killed at some point in Japan.

360: Still dead
PS3: Dead for a couple year than back to life
PSP: DIED than saved by some Monster Hunter
3DS: DIED than games saved it, although most forget
Wii: alive but drunk
DS: NEVER DEAD.
PS2: EVOLUTION

Ever thought about posting something informative or constructive? Why not give us your take on vita, perhaps how you see it panning out over the next 6 and 12 months?

You didn't find it funny huh. 

Anyway, yeah the Vita is in trouble, not because of the price, not because of those criminal memory cards, they are in trouble because unlike the PS3, PSP, we knew big games were coming evntually. This one has giving us no games to look foward to. The 3ds has all the big franchises under its wings. That's crazy. It's really up to sony to pony up some cash and get some 3rd party support. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

*In monotone robot voice*

The Vita will be fine.

It just needs Monster Hunter.

They only released Western games.

---

LOL. I just call it like I see it. Nintendo will win this handheld generation. It's easy to call "only a month in" because of how badly the Vita is doing. It'd be a miracle to see the Vita even CATCH-UP to the 3DS let alone surpass it.

I'm excited for the price drop of the Vita though.

Around the Network
jonnybmk said:

The Vita will be fine.

---

LOL. I just call it like I see it. Nintendo will win this handheld generation. It's easy to call "only a month in" because of how badly the Vita is doing. It'd be a miracle to see the Vita even CATCH-UP to the 3DS let alone surpass it.

To be fair though, I only saw a few people claim that the Vita had a chance to beat the 3DS in sales- I imagine that most people expected a similar 3DS/Vita marketshare cut as we saw with DS/PSP

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

jonnybmk said:

The Vita will be fine.

---

The japanese PSP says hello, the 360 says hello to the Wii in NA, the PS3 says hello to the Wii in Europe. Though the Wii exploded, the others caught up in a way that you can't just overlook. For now, the NIntendo curves are explosive and Ninty has lots to prove to show their ability to hold a PS2/360 type curve over the new generation. They did it in the NES days, but they need it now, that's why some of us are watching. ;)

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
psrock said:

You didn't find it funny huh. 

Anyway, yeah the Vita is in trouble, not because of the price, not because of those criminal memory cards, they are in trouble because unlike the PS3, PSP, we knew big games were coming evntually. This one has giving us no games to look foward to. The 3ds has all the big franchises under its wings. That's crazy. It's really up to sony to pony up some cash and get some 3rd party support. 

I agree with that, though I do think the price in Europe will be prohibitive. Its strange though because all I kept hearing was how amazing the launch and soon to come games list was. 

The thing is the PSP is still selling well, so its a matter of turing the page in Japan. But when will the games show up is the most important factor. There was no doubt the 3DS was winning but I didn't expect such a beating so early, and to have monster Hunter so close to release is just a slap in the face to Sony. I just can't understand how Sony let that one go, just baffle me.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
happydolphin said:

That's why it's lame to judge consoles so soon. They did it for the 3DS, they did it for the Wii, they did it for the DS, and now they're doing it for the Vita... I find it's as if some users don't learn from the past. :S

They don't learn because is not the same group of people. 8 months ago it was the Sony crowd telling the Nintendo group that the 3DS was doomed and that the Vita will destroy the console very fast because it had a great launch line-up and excellent graphics. Now is the revenge of the Nintendo crowd as the Vita is doing even worse that the 3DS, most of them may even KNOW that the console is not doomed/dead, but they still want some kind of retaliation as they were suffering less than a year ago.

flagstaad said:
happydolphin said:

They don't learn because is not the same group of people. 8 months ago it was the Sony crowd telling the Nintendo group that the 3DS was doomed and that the Vita will destroy the console very fast because it had a great launch line-up and excellent graphics. Now is the revenge of the Nintendo crowd as the Vita is doing even worse that the 3DS, most of them may even KNOW that the console is not doomed/dead, but they still want some kind of retaliation as they were suffering less than a year ago.

I don't get how the Nintendo crowd, how unenjoyable that bashing was, would want to feed it back to the Sony crowd... it beats me. Plus, many of us own Sony consoles, so... :S

Add to that some will be bitting their tongues when the Vita dusts off, and there you have it.

Bring back predictions, fine. But trolling per se is lame...