By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/9 ~ 1/15

BasilZero said:
Acevil said:
BasilZero said:

Amen to this man, wish more people were like this.

To be fair, that would be boring. You only need to have few people like myself. These threads wouldn't reach 100posts if you had everyone be somewhat neutral. 

I suppose your right, its been entertaining, but seems like there's a huge gap between fans on the forums from what I've seen at least the ones who are willing to defend their respected systems in threads like these ;P

Oh one more thing, it is only going to get worse, before it gets better. Guess this is more directed at happydolphin.

Around the Network

If the Vita would have blasted off into space and killed all 3DS sales, the Vita fans would all be marching 'round the campfire hootin' and hollerin' about how the Vita crushed the 3DS - and they would have let everyone know it, too.

But the reverse happened - the 3DS crushed the Vita. It's not that Sony botched the launch or did something wrong, it's that consumers are allocating their money to the 3DS INSTEAD of the Vita.

The poor Vita sales are a SYMPTOM of a larger problem for Sony - consumers are buying SOMETHING ELSE.

gameonbro said:
wow vita is really in the toilet. will it hit 4 digits next week?

I seriously doubt that. Hopefully not.

jonnybmk said:

If the Vita would have blasted off into space and killed all 3DS sales, the Vita fans would all be marching 'round the campfire hootin' and hollerin' about how the Vita crushed the 3DS - and they would have let everyone know it, too.

But the reverse happened - the 3DS crushed the Vita. It's not that Sony botched the launch or did something wrong, it's that consumers are allocating their money to the 3DS INSTEAD of the Vita.

The poor Vita sales are a SYMPTOM of a larger problem for Sony - consumers are buying SOMETHING ELSE.

It's the same thing they did with the PSP, they are trying to put Console games on a portable. Which does not work, at all. Even though the PSVITA has analog controls, or a OLED screen, or a bigger data capacity it still doesn't mean Sony should put any console game on it. The reason why Nintendo has always won is because they have mastered this. (agreed with your comment.)

jonnybmk said:

They have done something wrong. NO games for the Japanese market that can be a system seller.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
RolStoppable said:
BasilZero said:

Nintendo had 2-3 extra generations, so their market share is pretty dominating unlike Sony's marketshare in the Portable market!

Also ya Nintendo mastered, they have specific IPs (i.e. Pokemon for example) which sells their portables like hotcakes.

They also made sure their franchises become well known and well adapt to players unlike Sony who keeps on coming up with new IPs but their mostly focused on consoles than portables. There are a few rare good IPs on sony's PSP like LocoRoco but it isnt enough when going up against Nintendo's 1st class franchises *-*!

(honestly, I'm hoping the Vita gets more third party support, not interested in sony's 1st party support, I only like God of War and WipeOut from Sony xd).

If you aren't interested in Sony's first party games, you might as well wish that all the third party support goes to the 3DS. That way you have to buy only one system and have more money to spend on games.

Too bad it wont/didnt happen, been waiting 2 generations (N64-GCN) for that to happen, which was why I purchased a PS2 mid 2000s.

It seems like it could happen with the Wii U though. Possibly no more waiting?

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:

Too bad it wont/didnt happen, been waiting 2 generations (N64-GCN) for that to happen, which was why I purchased a PS2 mid 2000s.

It seems like it could happen with the Wii U though. Possibly no more waiting?

Man, if that is true, I am getting it (even though I do plan on getting it eventually xd)

I've always purchased Nintendo systems first (the only exception was I purchased a PSP at launch before a NDS lite 3-4 years after it came out and it was so worth it for me!)

I hope Wii-U will have a extensive third party support similar to SNES had 15+ years ago.

I'm sure it will. Lazy developers can easily port their game onto it because it has HD.

Still reading comments saying it's just due to Vita shortages...

When they just now sold through their initial shipment. A month later.

In memory of Topless Avatars Pertaining to Hotness and Titilation (TAPTHAT).

3DS friend code: 5155 - 2983 - 3034

SleepWaking said:
happydolphin said:
RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:

Meh, he summed it up good, but it's a sad reality of the site. Did it occur to you I was aware of what he was saying? I was just saying it was lame...

Who's to say that users don't learn? The lesson from past years is "enjoy while it lasts".

So if we are looking at a situation where dedicated gaming handhelds are apparently in a battle with smartphones and hardcore gamers need to sell the current machines (3DS, Vita) as much as possible to stop Apple and others, then maybe now is the time that Sony plays the role of the wounded soldier on the battlefield who tells his buddy Nintendo to leave him behind, because otherwise they will both die.

It's a possibility, but wouldn't you want the same had you been in their shoes? :P

@Sleepwaking You remind me of the nice crow in Galaki's thread. Good stuff ;/) I didn't realize this site was for watching people troll each other, I thought it was for debating business. Give yourself a pat on the back. ;).

Hey I enjoy sales numbers, but I also enjoy other things which a threads like this brings.  At least I'm not being al mighty and high as to what others can't and shouldn't enjoy. Just like I said let them be. Why would it hurt you if somebody is saying a console is dead?? 

Because it is not a fact, sounds stupid, reflects poorly on non-Sony fans (in my case a Nintendo fan) and does not reflect well on the community as a whole.

However, for those of you who can pull each others' legs and bring up each others' false predictions, by all means have fun! :D But to those purely bashing Vita I don't personally enjoy it. Sue me.

so the vita is not domed it is dead,i believe only madmen were expecting it to come out bashing and snorting but if what i read earlier is true and it has no releases to interest japan ,what are sony actually doing,surely they are not looking to the eu/usa for breakthrough,maybe they are,i remember the psp was actually a sort of must want gadget for one christmas(uk),its hard to see the vita even having that,

the funny thing is,i never buy handhelds but i might get a vita,who would have thunk it

Above & Beyond