By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/9 ~ 1/15

NintendoPie said:
jonnybmk said:

If the Vita would have blasted off into space and killed all 3DS sales, the Vita fans would all be marching 'round the campfire hootin' and hollerin' about how the Vita crushed the 3DS - and they would have let everyone know it, too.

But the reverse happened - the 3DS crushed the Vita. It's not that Sony botched the launch or did something wrong, it's that consumers are allocating their money to the 3DS INSTEAD of the Vita.

The poor Vita sales are a SYMPTOM of a larger problem for Sony - consumers are buying SOMETHING ELSE.

It's the same thing they did with the PSP, they are trying to put Console games on a portable. Which does not work, at all. Even though the PSVITA has analog controls, or a OLED screen, or a bigger data capacity it still doesn't mean Sony should put any console game on it. The reason why Nintendo has always won is because they have mastered this. (agreed with your comment.)

I disagree. There IS room for console games on a portable. But of course that portable also needs exclusive original games. A port machine just won't cut it.

The PSP sold over 70million. There is a market for people wanting console-like games on-the-go. The reason the PSP failed in its last few years is because...
-Piracy was so bad that many 3rd parties stopped supporting it
-Console games grew too big or to complex to be ported to the PSP
-DS domination all over the world made developers prefer that over the PSP
-Most imporrant of all was the lack of a 2nd analog stick or good online capabilities.

The Vita is everything the PSP should have been. People just need to know about it so they go out and buy it. 

Around the Network
kivi95 said:
jonnybmk said:

If the Vita would have blasted off into space and killed all 3DS sales, the Vita fans would all be marching 'round the campfire hootin' and hollerin' about how the Vita crushed the 3DS - and they would have let everyone know it, too.

But the reverse happened - the 3DS crushed the Vita. It's not that Sony botched the launch or did something wrong, it's that consumers are allocating their money to the 3DS INSTEAD of the Vita.

The poor Vita sales are a SYMPTOM of a larger problem for Sony - consumers are buying SOMETHING ELSE.

They have done something wrong. NO games for the Japanese market that can be a system seller.

The 3DS took ~8 months after launch to get its killer apps in Japan.  Give it time. Vita will get them too.

RolStoppable said:
BasilZero said:

Nintendo had 2-3 extra generations, so their market share is pretty dominating unlike Sony's marketshare in the Portable market!

Also ya Nintendo mastered, they have specific IPs (i.e. Pokemon for example) which sells their portables like hotcakes.

They also made sure their franchises become well known and well adapt to players unlike Sony who keeps on coming up with new IPs but their mostly focused on consoles than portables. There are a few rare good IPs on sony's PSP like LocoRoco but it isnt enough when going up against Nintendo's 1st class franchises *-*!

(honestly, I'm hoping the Vita gets more third party support, not interested in sony's 1st party support, I only like God of War and WipeOut from Sony xd).

If you aren't interested in Sony's first party games, you might as well wish that all the third party support goes to the 3DS. That way you have to buy only one system and have more money to spend on games.

Lack of a 2nd analog stick might be a deal breaker for most.

VGKing said:
NintendoPie said:
jonnybmk said:

It's the same thing they did with the PSP, they are trying to put Console games on a portable. Which does not work, at all. Even though the PSVITA has analog controls, or a OLED screen, or a bigger data capacity it still doesn't mean Sony should put any console game on it. The reason why Nintendo has always won is because they have mastered this. (agreed with your comment.)

I disagree. There IS room for console games on a portable. But of course that portable also needs exclusive original games. A port machine just won't cut it.

The PSP sold over 70million. There is a market for people wanting console-like games on-the-go. The reason the PSP failed in its last few years is because...
-Piracy was so bad that many 3rd parties stopped supporting it
-Console games grew too big or to complex to be ported to the PSP
-DS domination all over the world made developers prefer that over the PSP
-Most imporrant of all was the lack of a 2nd analog stick or good online capabilities.

The Vita is everything the PSP should have been. People just need to know about it so they go out and buy it. 

Hmm, hard to dis-agree with someone who has a great Avatar... but I, sort of, dis-agree. The reason why Nintendo dominates the handheld market is because of its pick-up-and-play games for its handelds. Most people would much rather have that on a handheld than "console" games. But, of course, some long story game are needed for the handheld to. Just not too many.

Hopefully Fatal Frame can pick up. I have read several people claiming that the game its sold out in some stores.
Ace was just expected, never had been a big seller.
Im worried about next week 3DSs software, BTL may bomb horribly :(

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

Around the Network
Mr.Ashtear said:
Hopefully Fatal Frame can pick up. I have read several people claiming that the game its sold out in some stores.

What is BTL?

NintendoPie said:
Mr.Ashtear said:

What is BTL?

The lovely Beyond the Labyrinth

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

Mr.Ashtear said:
NintendoPie said:
Mr.Ashtear said:

What is BTL?

The lovely Beyond the Labyrinth

Oh I hope that will catch on, it looks beautiful. 

Man, we're starting to get into that boring time again. 

psrock said:
VIta is dead, but threads about it is alive and well each week to watch the demise. It's funny.

Well if you are referring to the official psvita thread, I'm not sure but when I take a peek over there from time to time I get this strange sad feeling when reading the posts. Kinda hard to describe.

Other than that its a cool thread BTW.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)