By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/9 ~ 1/15

benao87 said:
Claymore said:
Not looking good for the Vita, I'am almost 100% sure it's going to flop hard in the EU so that just leaves the US.....

The problem when you don't know the user, is that you can't really tell flamebaits -.-

Price is what will kill it in the EU, the WI FI Vita a 8GB memory card and a game costs the equivalent of $450-500 in most EU countries I just can't see people been willing to pay that, especially considering you can almost buy a PS3 and a xbox 360 for the same price or a 3DS and 5 full priced games and have money to spare.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
radishhead said:
Vita isn't dead- it just needs Japan-friendly games. You're all going to look like fools when the Vita starts selling well

Which one is going to be the year of Vita?

Whichever year you want - the boundaries regarding the "year of the X" are always skewed.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

2011 : Vita is Dead
2012 : Vita is back
2013 and New MH Vita : OMG Vita is killing it

jonnybmk said:
Vita is DEAD.

3DS not threatened in the LEAST by the Vita.

I'm looking forward to the price drop because that will hurt the used market so I can get one super cheap.

How long can Sony continue to make terrible choices????

It's not DEAD... If anything this market proved to us time and time again that tides turn and turn. Granted the pattern does not look good for the Vita right now, but calling it dead is a lack of understanding of the market. It is in bad shape in Japan ATM, but it is MUCH too early to tell. Truth though that the 3DS is doing very well.

As for those saying the Wii is doing bad... how many Wiis can one buy??? It's called market saturation you should be aware of it guys... Proof is, Wii SW is doing good, so people are interested in the platform. Low HW sales is simply understood to be either market saturation, low expectations for a soon to be discontinued platform, or people buying the PS3 instead. Or a combination of the 3. ;)

Seece said:
PS2's lowest week

Previous 2011-05-16 1,129

Doooooomed! :D

Around the Network
pezus said:
kopstudent89 said:
Nintendogamer said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:
This will be a horrible year for Wii in Japan (and WW for that matter)

Until DQX arrives.. that should drive Wii sales to the roof (unless it releases with the Wii U). 

Anyways fantastic 3DS and i gotta say PS3 number are quite solid! Vita+ PSP= 40k which isn't to shabby, but Vita looks in a horrible situation. Tales will give it a mild boost, but what can really save the Vita now?!

And fantastic numbers the 3DS quartet especialy MH3G and SM3D Land. Both these games are overperforming! Inazuma not too shabby as well.

And it's quite sad to see the Wii i that state, even though it still is selling software in decent amounts :/. DQX and MP9 this year, but what else is there really?! 

I think DQX will release on wii like 3 months before it comes on Wii U, pushing Wii HW to 50K or less, I think it can finish over 12.5M before end of year,  3DS will go higher possibly with the release of resident evil.

DQX will push the Wii to above 100k, i'm pretty sure about that... scratch that my prediction is at 200k. Japanese like to get the game early, and a lot of people will buy a wii for that (not to mention the bundles)... it just needs to be announced

Will they buy a (practically) dead console while a newer, improved one comes out at almost the same time?

If its 3 months before the Wii U? Yeah, the JApanese dont like to wait. And this is DQX, probably the biggest 3rd party console game this gen. if we're talking around 1.5 million week one minimum, then that has to shift around 100-200k consoles easy no?

*Vita is DEAD*

It amazes me that ppl consider a brand new gaming device dead on its 1month lifecycle and not even released worldwide...

vita just barley crawling pass 500k mark

So far consoles we have killed at some point in Japan.

360: Still dead
PS3: Dead for a couple year than back to life
PSP: DIED than saved by some Monster Hunter
3DS: DIED than games saved it, although most forget
Wii: alive but drunk
DS: NEVER DEAD.
PS2: EVOLUTION

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
RolStoppable said:
pezus said:
Media Create threads have really become troll infestations as of late, I wonder why...

They are not too different from how they looked like after the 3DS launch.

Circle of life, or at least the gamer community.