By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which is your favourite 3D Mario?

Which is your favourite 3D Mario?

Super Mario 64 45 31.25%

Super Mario Sunshine 6 4.17%

Super Mario Galaxy 31 21.53%

Super Mario Galaxy 2 45 31.25%

Super Mario 3D Land 17 11.81%

Total:144

For me its

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2

2. Super Mario Galaxy

3. Super Mario 3D Land

4. Super Mario 64

5. Super Mario Sunshine

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

1.galaxy 1
2.sunshine
3.galaxy 2
4.3d land
(never played 64)

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Mario 64
4. Super Mario 3D Land
5. Super Mario Sunshine

Each and every one of these games are amazing by the way. I highly recommend each and every game above. ^_^

That said, the two Galaxy games (especially Galaxy 2) are simply phenominal. I can't express how much I loved those two games!

Never cared so much for mario64... maybe because I was kinda to young when it came out to fully appreciate it... Now its hard to get into it cause its so old with outdated graphics and some outdated mechanisms. But I remember that I still liked the game back in the days and I still enjoy it today. I have to admit that being the first 3d mario it revolutionized the mario franchise and its one of the franchise's most important game.

Super Mario Sunshine was meh IMO... It was rly good but mario64 is one of the best Nintendo64 game and the 2 Mario Galaxys are 2 of the best Wii games, I cant honestly consider Sunshine as one of the best GC games. But I still enjoyed it, I loved all the colors and mechanics that game had but it felt to much like a spinoff to me.

Super Mario Galaxy was my favorite Wii game when it came out. To me it had so many new things into this game but not to much so it felt like a spinoff like Sunshine. IMO the Galaxy serie have the smartest level design.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 was to me like the first one but better in every aspect... More stages, more stars to collect and it had everything good about the first game and more minus the bad. I played the first game for hours and despite that fact not once did I complained about Galaxy2 being ''more of the same''. Also it had YOSHI! (but not to much of him so he didnt feel like a annoying gimmick forced down our throat).

Finaly I havnt played 3D Land YET. I just got my 3ds for christmas and I just finished Ocarina of Time 3D, planning on buying a new game next week but im still not sure if I will buy 3D Land or Mario Kart7 next, but I know no matter wich one I choose ill end up having both eventualy. BUT ive seen a few thing that I think I will dislike about this game. First the videos on the internet of ppl finishing a lvl in 20 or 30sec... wtf?! I know its a handheld so Nintendo designed the lvls to be a little shorter for ppl who play on the bus or in the subway but still I think they overdone it lol. The other thing that I dont like is that every lvl seem to have a time limit, I'm pretty sure that you have far more time that you actualy need to finish a lvl, but I'm the kind of player who likes to explore everything in a lvl, I like taking my time making sure I kill all the baddies, go to every corner to see if I can find something hidden, make sure to colect every coins all across the stage... The time limit for every stages should have been added as second mission for every stages, kinda like the comet stars in Galaxy IMO. But still these two complaints are far from being deal breaker and I already know I will love the game

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Mario 64
4. Super Mario Sunshine
x. Did not play Super Mario 3D Land yet.

WINNER: Super Mario Galaxy 2!!! YAHOOOO!

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

1. Mario 64
2. Galaxy 2
3. Galaxy 1
4. 3D Land
5. Sunshine

Seeing Sunshine on the bottom of people's list (so far) is a great thing.

Around the Network

1. Super Mario 64

2. Super Mario Galaxy

3. Super Mario Sunshine

4. Super Mario Galaxy 2

5. Super Mario 3D Land

Five fantastic games, but Super Mario 64 will always have a special place in my heart. Offered plenty of challenge and wasn't as linear as some of the other games in the series. And then you had the Gameshark to make it even more awesome.

1. Super Mario Galaxy.
Just magical in every aspect, it managed to hit the sweet spot for being more linear than the older ones, but more open than the sequel. The world was fantastic and the music really memorable.
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2.
While it didn't leave the same lasting appeal as the original, it is still a fantastic game.
3. Super Mario 64.
A great game, maybe it was just too messy for me, but I still adored it.
4. Super Mario Sunshine.
While not as great as the others, it had some really fascinating twists that hooked me sometimes even more than the N64 Mario.

I have yet to play Mario Land.

Super Mario 64, my 3rd favorite game of all time

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Mario 64
4. Super Mario 3D Land
5. Super Mario Sunshine

Mario 64>>>>Super Mario 3D Land>>Mario Sunshine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mario Galaxy

Mario 64 is one of my top 5 favorite games of all time.
I like them all a lot except for galaxy, which is just not my thing.
I didn't play MG2 for more than about 30 minutes, because I didn't like MG1.

I absolutely loved super mario 3D land it's my favorite nintendo game in a long time.