By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Was MS Wrong When They Claimed The #1 Spot For HW Sales WW?

Which Option Do You Think Is More Accurate?

The PS3/360 Is Over/Undertracked In EU. 135 23.48%

Ballmer Was Including A Few Jan Shipments. 67 11.65%

MS Stuffed The Channels. 246 42.78%

IT'S 2012! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! 123 21.39%

Total:571

psrock thinks kinect is overtracked..... something that when MS announced they had shipped over 18m this site was only showing 15.4 million. So basically the site had it at 2.6 million kinect sitting on shelves, in the channels etc. And you are genuinely saying that you think that is overtracked? So in your mind there were what? Over 3million kinect in the channels etc? Because that would be something.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network
Zim said:

psrock thinks kinect is overtracked..... something that when MS announced they had shipped over 18m this site was only showing 15.4 million. So basically the site had it at 2.6 million kinect sitting on shelves, in the channels etc. And you are genuinely saying that you think that is overtracked? So in your mind there were what? Over 3million kinect in the channels etc? Because that would be something.

Kinect had a so so year, then blew up during Black friday, vgchartz showed tremendous numbers all through december, but looking at the NPD , kinect did not sell that much, thus being overtracked. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

As something to add to all your discussion here -

We have the 360 overtracked in France by about 50k (PS3 is over by ~80k). So that's one EU country it's not undertracked in at least.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=138765&page=1#

I blame the twitter choir...that singing can make anyone go bonkers :P

in all seriousness..have no idea other than this has been quite an entertaining time..we think one side win one day and few days later we think the exact opposite. I personally think they might have expected more and hence shipped more. It is quite a surprising month tho so I can't exactly blame them

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Just to help the people think that's how many 360 on shelves at the end of each year...

2006: 2.4 million
2007: 2.0 million
2008: 1.8 million
2009: 1.8 million
2010: 0.6 million (supply issues)

If MS stuffed the channels like ever due the AWESOME Black Friday sales... it's too hard to believe in 2.5 million on shelves this time???

Around the Network

yes because it's not early this gen anymore

This gen is too old!

Yay!!!

This Gen is getting pretty old, I want sony and microsoft to release new s*** now.

D-Joe said:
yes because it's not early this gen anymore

That makes no sense... the PS3 and 360 had their best sales year.

Interesting thread... lets see if I ate my words too soon ;]