By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Was MS Wrong When They Claimed The #1 Spot For HW Sales WW?

Which Option Do You Think Is More Accurate?

The PS3/360 Is Over/Undertracked In EU. 135 23.48%

Ballmer Was Including A Few Jan Shipments. 67 11.65%

MS Stuffed The Channels. 246 42.78%

IT'S 2012! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! 123 21.39%

Total:571

Let me get this thread straight.

M$ announce they are the #1 console in 2011 at CES.

Sony, which is also at CES didn't dispute this in anyway.

Is it obvious?

Around the Network
Seece said:
VGKing said:
Tigerlure said:
Lol looks like someone got a little bit mad on this thread. I think MS may have overshipped.

But that's impossible! MS has to be the winner! They said so!

If that's aimed at me, I've already said I don't have a clue who the winner is now, that perfectly describes you for Sony though, every thread you've basically just demanded Sony won.

Even after the 66m comment when it looked like MS had it in the bag. Thismeintiel even went MIA then

Oh, I was here.  Just sitting and waiting patiently. 

@ bonkers

After NPD, that claim isn't so 100%, yet.  Most likely meant shipments.

It seems the horse was too high.

MS stuffed the channels, mostly because retailers ordered based on Black FRiday numbers. Can;t blame them, I never expected anything less than 2.5 million. And every console is down.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
thismeintiel said:
Seece said:
VGKing said:
Tigerlure said:
Lol looks like someone got a little bit mad on this thread. I think MS may have overshipped.

If that's aimed at me, I've already said I don't have a clue who the winner is now, that perfectly describes you for Sony though, every thread you've basically just demanded Sony won.

Even after the 66m comment when it looked like MS had it in the bag. Thismeintiel even went MIA then

Waiting for what? you certainly didn't expect MS to come out with 66m, or this kind of NPD

Seece said:
thismeintiel said:
Seece said:
VGKing said:
Tigerlure said:

Waiting for what? you certainly didn't expect MS to come out with 66m, or this kind of NPD

Or didn't I?  You will never know. 

Around the Network
psrock said:
It seems the horse was too high.

MS stuffed the channels, mostly because retailers ordered based on Black FRiday numbers. Can;t blame them, I never expected anything less than 2.5 million. And every console is down.

You really do show yourself up sometimes psrock, years gone you mock people for claiming Sony stuff the channels, but the first opportunity you get to say the same about MS and you're in there like a flash.

thismeintiel said:
Seece said:
thismeintiel said:
Seece said:
VGKing said:
Tigerlure said:

Or didn't I?  You will never know. 

No you didn't.

Seece, after all your talk of people on the defensive recently, youre showing yourself up.

thismeintiel said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I don't know what's going on but it's definitely entertaining.

Quite true. 

@ yo_john117

Yea, financials will be interesting.  The only thing that sucks is having to wait til financials for Q1 2012 to actually check everything.  If there has been overshipping on MS's part, then Q1 shipments will be quite low.

@troll_whisperer

Exactly.  Loving all the speculation.

Carl2291 said:
Seece, after all your talk of people on the defensive recently, youre showing yourself up.

I don't think so, I'm open to reasonable debate on both sides unlike most lately that are just shoving 'facts' down peoples throats.