Well, answer the damn question.

Yes, it is. 426 88.02%

No, it isn't. 36 7.44%

I like it when you are unoriginal, Rol! 20 4.13%

Total:482

it did succeed

and it sold because of it's great games, motion controlled or not

if it's library was lacking it wouldn't have sold so much

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

If you don't see a why to the Wii success you are one of the many think that only exclusives that sells can enter in good games party.

It's the same as it was for the PS2, there's more under the "what they want to let you believe" part.

I am concerned about why, for the Wii, nobody wants to realize that.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Araknie said:
If you don't see a why to the Wii success you are one of the many think that only exclusives that sells can enter in good games party.

It's the same as it was for the PS2, there's more under the "what they want to let you believe" part.

Not sure what you're trying to say, but the PS2 was not the same as Wii, PS2 got 3rd party support coming out of its ass. ANd it moved quite a bit of hardware. PS2 versions of mulitplats almost always outsold the others. THe wii was the opposite which is strange for a lead console. Not saying that the Wii wasnt a success, but it wasnt dominating like PS2

oniyide said:
Araknie said:

Not sure what you're trying to say, but the PS2 was not the same as Wii, PS2 got 3rd party support coming out of its ass. ANd it moved quite a bit of hardware. PS2 versions of mulitplats almost always outsold the others. THe wii was the opposite which is strange for a lead console. Not saying that the Wii wasnt a success, but it wasnt dominating like PS2

Third party was alot different back then though almost all of the major third parties had some sort of exclusive title on the PS2, the was no DMC, FF etc... on any other console that's a big factor in its success, today how ever third parties have to be multiplatform as the cost of development forces it.

it blew us all out of the water,no one saw the Wii coming

a massive suucess

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Yes, it was. Nintendo made millions of dollars & I got the best mario games ever, the best fighting game (Smash), two amazing metroid games (I love the other m as much as I like the prime series), the amazing revival of DK, the born of my new fav character of the gen Sr. Travis Touchdown ;), two kirby games, MH3 and of course Zelda Skyward Sword -> On my Zelda list tied on the top with OoT of best zelda ever & best games ever IMO.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Wyrdness said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:

Third party was alot different back then though almost all of the major third parties had some sort of exclusive title on the PS2, the was no DMC, FF etc... on any other console that's a big factor in its success, today how ever third parties have to be multiplatform as the cost of development forces it.

Well there you go... probably the main reason why Wii was never going to pull a PS2. Even if it got some of the games that the HDs got (Portal2, DMC4, RE5), the version would have been so chopped up that most people would opt for the HD/PC version anyway, just like they do now.

oniyide said:
Wyrdness said:
oniyide said:
Araknie said:

Well there you go... probably the main reason why Wii was never going to pull a PS2. Even if it got some of the games that the HDs got (Portal2, DMC4, RE5), the version would have been so chopped up that most people would opt for the HD/PC version anyway, just like they do now.

Portal 2, ok...but, DMC4 and RE5? Are these good games anyways?

I'm talking about good gameplay, i don't care about HD if those games are not gonna last more than 10 hours with copy/paste things from other games making them look all the same.

I mean that in the reference by Wii/PS2, they have both introduced new standards in gameplay genres.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Among casual gamers, certainly. But a system deserted by developers and hardcore gamers can't possibly be called the leader of this industry...

ryuzaki57 said:
Among casual gamers, certainly. But a system deserted by developers and hardcore gamers can't possibly be called the leader of this industry...

I'm a hardcore gamer, and I didn't desert it. The terms are bad, we shouldn't use them. Call them HD users or non-Nintendo users... at least for now.

Also, the decision of certain gamers and the industry, though to a certain extent reactionnary to Nintendo's poor decision to fail at bringing us an HD platform, is a shared failure between Ninty for giving us no HD and the industry for snobbing Nintendo due to general snobbing and Nintendo's past attitude and failures. Next gen should be different. ;)