By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Evil Dead is getting a remake

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/01/05/lily-collins-to-take-the-lead-in-fede-alvarezs-evil-dead-remake/

And Diablo Cody is writing it. I love me some Diablo Cody but Jesus Christ, this is a terrible idea. Sam Raimi already made this movie TWICE and nailed it both times.

Sigh.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

there is no way this can't fail!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

not surprise alot of horror/thriller movies have been or are getting remakes most recent being the girl with the dragon tattoo and the thing, alot of the late 70s and 80s horror movies have received em already. pretty soon i believe 3 of my favorite movies martyrs, the entity, and shivers will get remade and possibly some others like alien, the birds, the brood, videodrone, poltergeist and many others from the 80s and now even 90s aswell

idk some arent as good as the original but if i saw the original i always watch its remake

Play Me

I hate Diablo Cody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Fuck this world and everything on it!

Around the Network

Bruce Campbell should return as Ash, he's only 53 and still looks in decent shape.

Don't know if i could stomach a remake to such an iconic franchise without him.

Remake - NOOOOOO!

BHR-3 said:
not surprise alot of horror/thriller movies have been or are getting remakes most recent being the girl with the dragon tattoo and the thing, alot of the late 70s and 80s horror movies have received em already. pretty soon i believe 3 of my favorite movies martyrs, the entity, and shivers will get remade and possibly some others like alien, the birds, the brood, videodrone, poltergeist and many others from the 80s and now even 90s aswell

idk some arent as good as the original but if i saw the original i always watch its remake

I can't see why people can't understand that The Thing wasn't a remake but a prequel.

I'd like to see the Evil Dead remade. I didn't actually like the movies so hopefully they can do a better movie by updating it without overusing cgi.

The worst part about this is that it looks like they are removing the comedic elements. The original trilogy was great because it self-aware and constantly poking fun at itself.

Boo to this news!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Carl2291 said:
Remake - NOOOOOO!

i agree!! they should restore the old movie with new special effects and alter some of the scenes, destryoying the original in the process

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’