By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous 2 looks horrible

Barozi said:
Turkish said:
Barozi said:
Turkish said:
Check out this comparison between infamous 1 and 2, now you'll understand what a graphics leap is.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/infamous-1-vs-infamous-2-image/1094647

Except these screens are clearly bullshots and outdated since they changed quite a lot until it got released last year.

No they are not bullshots, you clearly never played inFamous 2 then. Look at the screenshots posted by the user above me, the final version of the game is even looking better then those comparison shots.

don't know if it is even worth replying to this post....

anyway, these are CLEARLY biased comparisons.
InFamous being an off-screen shot (I know the first one is not important right now), InFamous 2 being heavily doctored. Not one (feel free to count them) "jag" (is there even a singular for this word ?) on the whole picture, extremely sharp textures in the background. Now compare this to Aldro's pictures and you SHOULD see that the difference is night and day.
Props to Aldro that he at least used real gameplay images while trying to make a point.

-Click picture to view Fullscreen-

that is real gameplay footage, its just before they changed the character to look more like old cole

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Barozi said:
Turkish said:
Barozi said:
Turkish said:
Check out this comparison between infamous 1 and 2, now you'll understand what a graphics leap is.

Except these screens are clearly bullshots and outdated since they changed quite a lot until it got released last year.

No they are not bullshots, you clearly never played inFamous 2 then. Look at the screenshots posted by the user above me, the final version of the game is even looking better then those comparison shots.

don't know if it is even worth replying to this post....

anyway, these are CLEARLY biased comparisons.
InFamous being an off-screen shot (I know the first one is not important right now), InFamous 2 being heavily doctored. Not one (feel free to count them) "jag" (is there even a singular for this word ?) on the whole picture, extremely sharp textures in the background. Now compare this to Aldro's pictures and you SHOULD see that the difference is night and day.
Props to Aldro that he at least used real gameplay images while trying to make a point.

-Click picture to view Fullscreen-

that is real gameplay footage, its just before they changed the character to look more like old cole

Oh I know but more like PC dev footage. Or why did they downgrade the visuals this much. (and that is a huge downgrade)
Either way it's NOT the InFamous 2 we know, thus making the pictures totally useless for this purpose of comparing its graphics.

Jay520 said:

pfft, GTA IV really isn't dramtically inferior to the past games. I really can't think of any changes that caused a significant drop in quality. GTA IV sustained the core of past iterations while also improving in a few aspects. I'm not saying it isn't inferior, it is missing a few things that made the others great, but labelling it a supreme dissapointment is a bit of a hyperbole.

while the game, in its own merits, wasn't all that bad, it was a horrible, horrible sequel.  

Basically, they went backwards in practically every way.  they took away any sort of property owning, took away any sort of customization, took away the vast, open world and stat building of San Andreas, took away the quirky humor of the previous three installments, took away any semblance of interesting characters replacing them with full-on obnoxious morons, they made the physics even worse, they got rid of....you see where I'm going with this?  

Also, ITS YOUR COUSIN ROMAN WANT TO GO SHOOT SOME POOL?!?!?!

I hated practically everything about the game, made even worse by the fact that, save the improved graphics and fist fighting mechanics, it was a downgrade in practically every way.  not to mention it was trying for a serious story rather than a silly, pop culture-riddled one like the series had been come to be known for.  so I'm very unhappy with it and to say it was 'only a minor letdown' especially after the stellar reviews is just silly. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5073/avermediacenter20110818.jpg
Even here, look at the jaggies all around this. When you looks in a separate windows it's noticable. And this isn't even as wide as 22 or 32 inch. But for me every game looks better on my 32 inch tv rather than my 22 inch monitor. On my monitor Infamous 2 looks horrible (unplayable), on my TV is barebale.

germibobi said:
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5073/avermediacenter20110818.jpg
Even here, look at the jaggies all around this. When you looks in a separate windows it's noticable. And this isn't even as wide as 22 or 32 inch. But for me every game looks better on my 32 inch tv rather than my 22 inch monitor. On my monitor Infamous 2 looks horrible (unplayable), on my TV is barebale.

Ah, welcome back! We thought we lost you!!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/40/88/ME0001408828_2.jpg
http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/40/88/ME0001408839_2.jpg
http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/40/88/ME0001408848_2.jpg

fix please

Runa216 said:
Jay520 said:

pfft, GTA IV really isn't dramtically inferior to the past games. I really can't think of any changes that caused a significant drop in quality. GTA IV sustained the core of past iterations while also improving in a few aspects. I'm not saying it isn't inferior, it is missing a few things that made the others great, but labelling it a supreme dissapointment is a bit of a hyperbole.

while the game, in its own merits, wasn't all that bad, it was a horrible, horrible sequel.  

Basically, they went backwards in practically every way.  they took away any sort of property owning, took away any sort of customization, took away the vast, open world and stat building of San Andreas, took away the quirky humor of the previous three installments, took away any semblance of interesting characters replacing them with full-on obnoxious morons, they made the physics even worse, they got rid of....you see where I'm going with this?  

I hated practically everything about the game, made even worse by the fact that, save the improved graphics and fist fighting mechanics, it was a downgrade in practically every way.  not to mention it was trying for a serious story rather than a silly, pop culture-riddled one like the series had been come to be known for.  so I'm very unhappy with it and to say it was 'only a minor letdown' especially after the stellar reviews is just silly. 

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree

pezus said:
Runa216 said:
Jay520 said:

They made the physics worse? The physics were probably the best new thing in GTAIV. I thoroughly enjoyed messing around with them

so you like driving on black ice?  Where doing ANY sort of turn going more than 10 mph resulted in a wild fishtail? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Turkish said:

i didn't play infamous 2 but i totally understand what op means if it's true what he says and pics don't change that because you can't see it on pics. aliasing problems are the worst for me, i fking hate it. for me every game with aliasing problems should get worse graphics in gerneral and therefore anti-aliasing. theres nothing worse for me than this flcikering all the time i can't stop recognizing it.

and i believe he is like me and can't get this out of this head. atm i play a lot battlefiled 3 for pc. once i changed the setting and put out the ant-aliasing stuff and omfg i could never play this game anymore with much fun. it was so horrible for me good that i can play with highest setting it was only a test.

don't know why i hate it so much but its a horror for me that's the reason the next gen will be such a big jump for me. some people won't see the next gen as so much better but for me it will be absolutely great without huge aliasing anymore.

Ye it sucks.
Infamous 1 was awesome.

Take my love, take my land..