By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous 2 looks horrible

Jay520 said:
NotStan said:
Ajescent said:
NotStan said:

I have a question in regards to its gameplay though, a friend of mine got infamous as part of the apology package that Sony did after the whole PSN fiasco (That along with LBP), I sort of enjoyed LBP for few hours, but infamous was just plain boring. We've played it for around 4 hours and it was.. pretty much exactly the same thing over and over again - free that area, kidnap that guy, save that guy, kill that guy, on the way to the mission point, revive some random guy who's having a fit on the ground, is infamous 2 much better than that in regards to gameplay variations? Not a graphics whore so not really fussed about that aspect of the game.

That right there is pretty much every sandbox game ever...

No, there are plenty that offer more variety, RDR, even GTA had more variety than that in terms of missions. Hell even that game with the irish drunkard had more varied missions and it was a significantly overlooked game - I remembered what it was now, Saboteur.

What do you mean 'even GTA'. Are you trying to imply that GTA is of low quality?

Yes...yes he is...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Jay520 said:
NotStan said:
Ajescent said:
NotStan said:

I have a question in regards to its gameplay though, a friend of mine got infamous as part of the apology package that Sony did after the whole PSN fiasco (That along with LBP), I sort of enjoyed LBP for few hours, but infamous was just plain boring. We've played it for around 4 hours and it was.. pretty much exactly the same thing over and over again - free that area, kidnap that guy, save that guy, kill that guy, on the way to the mission point, revive some random guy who's having a fit on the ground, is infamous 2 much better than that in regards to gameplay variations? Not a graphics whore so not really fussed about that aspect of the game.

No, there are plenty that offer more variety, RDR, even GTA had more variety than that in terms of missions. Hell even that game with the irish drunkard had more varied missions and it was a significantly overlooked game - I remembered what it was now, Saboteur.

What do you mean 'even GTA'. Are you trying to imply that GTA is of low quality?

Yes...yes he is...

In that case, his opinion is invalid.

Jay520 said:
NotStan said:
Ajescent said:
NotStan said:

By even GTA I meant GTA IV, the most mundane wannabe-realistic game ever released. I love the previous iterations, this one has been utter bollocks when compared to the last ones.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Come on..

Barozi said:
Turkish said:
Check out this comparison between infamous 1 and 2, now you'll understand what a graphics leap is.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/infamous-1-vs-infamous-2-image/1094647

Except these screens are clearly bullshots and outdated since they changed quite a lot until it got released last year.

No they are not bullshots, you clearly never played inFamous 2 then. Look at the screenshots posted by the user above me, the final version of the game is even looking better then those comparison shots.

Around the Network
Aldro said:

Come on..

Doesn't look as bad here because this forum scales the pictures to a smaller size, but looking at them in a new window, you can tell that there are tons of jaggies and that is what this thread is mainly about.
There aren't many complaints about any other graphical issue (except framerate).

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5073/avermediacenter20110818.jpg

Wires, chimney, cars etc.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5073/avermediacenter20110818.jpg

curb, glowing theater signs etc.

Imagine this on a 50" or higher. (Don't know how big your screen is)

It's nice to see that eventhough this is clearly a troll thread (tc did the classic 2line intro then one reply and disappearance trick), this thread is still generating chat.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Turkish said:
Barozi said:
Turkish said:
Check out this comparison between infamous 1 and 2, now you'll understand what a graphics leap is.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/infamous-1-vs-infamous-2-image/1094647

Except these screens are clearly bullshots and outdated since they changed quite a lot until it got released last year.

No they are not bullshots, you clearly never played inFamous 2 then. Look at the screenshots posted by the user above me, the final version of the game is even looking better then those comparison shots.

don't know if it is even worth replying to this post....

anyway, these are CLEARLY biased comparisons.
InFamous being an off-screen shot (I know the first one is not important right now), InFamous 2 being heavily doctored. Not one (feel free to count them) "jag" (is there even a singular for this word ?) on the whole picture, extremely sharp textures in the background. Now compare this to Aldro's pictures and you SHOULD see that the difference is night and day.
Props to Aldro that he at least used real gameplay images while trying to make a point.

-Click picture to view Fullscreen-

NotStan said:
Jay520 said:
NotStan said:
Ajescent said:
NotStan said:

By even GTA I meant GTA IV, the most mundane wannabe-realistic game ever released. I love the previous iterations, this one has been utter bollocks when compared to the last ones.

pfft, GTA IV really isn't dramtically inferior to the past games. I really can't think of any changes that caused a significant drop in quality. GTA IV sustained the core of past iterations while also improving in a few aspects. I'm not saying it isn't inferior, it is missing a few things that made the others great, but labelling it a supreme dissapointment is a bit of a hyperbole.

Jay520 said:
NotStan said:
Jay520 said:
NotStan said:
Ajescent said:
NotStan said:

pfft, GTA IV really isn't dramtically inferior to the past games. I really can't think of any changes that caused a significant drop in quality. GTA IV sustained the core of past iterations while also improving in a few aspects. I'm not saying it isn't inferior, it is missing a few things that made the others great, but labelling it a supreme dissapointment is a bit of a hyperbole.

Unfortunately it is for me, I still remember playing the birds eye 2d GTA with cars being nothing more than rectangles with stripes painted on top. I found that a lot more fun than what IV turned out to be, in general it was a sore disappointment with only a few fun highlights that made me reminiscent of the old times, but considering I've played Vice City, San Andreas, the II or III w/e one it was on PC and the 2D version if it, this one was by far the most disappointment sequel I could have had to a game. Don't get me wrong, I finished it, after grinding for 20 something hours, but in general it was just boring and bland, with missions not very varying much and stupid driving to A and B all the time, halfway across the three islands, with no alternative fun methods of transportation other than the bikes.

I ended up taking the cab everywhere after about 2-3 missions in when I got a bit more money, and just steal a car nearby if I needed one.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.