By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous 2 looks horrible

I have a question in regards to its gameplay though, a friend of mine got infamous as part of the apology package that Sony did after the whole PSN fiasco (That along with LBP), I sort of enjoyed LBP for few hours, but infamous was just plain boring. We've played it for around 4 hours and it was.. pretty much exactly the same thing over and over again - free that area, kidnap that guy, save that guy, kill that guy, on the way to the mission point, revive some random guy who's having a fit on the ground, is infamous 2 much better than that in regards to gameplay variations? Not a graphics whore so not really fussed about that aspect of the game.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

LOL, hit and run threads.

Turkish said:
Check out this comparison between infamous 1 and 2, now you'll understand what a graphics leap is.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/infamous-1-vs-infamous-2-image/1094647

Except these screens are clearly bullshots and outdated since they changed quite a lot until it got released last year.

Barozi said:
Turkish said:
Check out this comparison between infamous 1 and 2, now you'll understand what a graphics leap is.

Except these screens are clearly bullshots and outdated since they changed quite a lot until it got released last year.

truer words

NotStan said:

I have a question in regards to its gameplay though, a friend of mine got infamous as part of the apology package that Sony did after the whole PSN fiasco (That along with LBP), I sort of enjoyed LBP for few hours, but infamous was just plain boring. We've played it for around 4 hours and it was.. pretty much exactly the same thing over and over again - free that area, kidnap that guy, save that guy, kill that guy, on the way to the mission point, revive some random guy who's having a fit on the ground, is infamous 2 much better than that in regards to gameplay variations? Not a graphics whore so not really fussed about that aspect of the game.

That right there is pretty much every sandbox game ever...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
meehan666 said:
This was the last console game I beat (about 3 weeks ago) and I would have to say I totally agree. The image quality in this game is abysmal, especially for me considering I play on a 106" display. Also, the frame rate takes a huge hit when you use certain techniques, like bolt stream. Going from this to Assassins Creed Revelations is a night and day experience when it comes to image quality. Granted, I play that game at 1920X1080 with 8X MSAA, but from what digital foundry say even the console versions of that game are up there with God Of War 3 when it comes to edge smoothing.

106 inches! That's the length of my entire living room wall!

ZaneWane said:
Barozi said:
Turkish said:

truer words

man, you and sales2099. does it ever get old?

ps: you never played the game

anyway, inFAMOUS 2 does look like that. there is a way bigger jump in graphics between inFAMOUS 1 and 2, than Uncharted 1 and 2.

OT:

my only problem that i could really find wrong with inFAMOUS 2 graphics was frame rate would drop. but it was still an amazing looking sandbox game, one of the best graphically, if not the best

Jay520 said:
meehan666 said:
This was the last console game I beat (about 3 weeks ago) and I would have to say I totally agree. The image quality in this game is abysmal, especially for me considering I play on a 106" display. Also, the frame rate takes a huge hit when you use certain techniques, like bolt stream. Going from this to Assassins Creed Revelations is a night and day experience when it comes to image quality. Granted, I play that game at 1920X1080 with 8X MSAA, but from what digital foundry say even the console versions of that game are up there with God Of War 3 when it comes to edge smoothing.

106 inches! That's the length of my entire living room wall!

thats the length of my entire penis....

Ajescent said:
NotStan said:

No, there are plenty that offer more variety, RDR, even GTA had more variety than that in terms of missions. Hell even that game with the irish drunkard had more varied missions and it was a significantly overlooked game - I remembered what it was now, Saboteur.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Ajescent said:
NotStan said:

No, there are plenty that offer more variety, RDR, even GTA had more variety than that in terms of missions. Hell even that game with the irish drunkard had more varied missions and it was a significantly overlooked game - I remembered what it was now, Saboteur.

What do you mean 'even GTA'. Are you trying to imply that GTA is of low quality?