By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous 2 looks horrible

It's one of the more attractive sandbox titles out there, I personally see nothing that disgusting with its graphics. They're oozing with enough personality to attract the player.

Around the Network
nnodley said:
I thought infamous 2 looked great. I hardly noticed any AA problems because that is not something i look for every game. Its not about if the graphics are amazing, but whether the gameplay and story are great or amazing.

This. I am a firm believer in gameplay over graphics

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Its a sand box game what do you expect.

chris.m95 said:
nnodley said:
I thought infamous 2 looked great. I hardly noticed any AA problems because that is not something i look for every game. Its not about if the graphics are amazing, but whether the gameplay and story are great or amazing.

This. I am a firm believer in gameplay over graphics

Yes that is for sure. Don't get me wrong i love amazing graphics but as long as the gameplay and story is awesome, im sold.  This is one thing i look for in game reviews, if it is unanimous between many reviewers that the gameplay and story are great then i usually look into the game more and see if i will like it.

germibobi said:

It completely lacks AA and because of that has huge AA problems. It goes to the point where this just ruins the gaming experience.

I can't even upscale it to 1080p? Any ideas of how to that besides unchecking the boxes of 720p and 1080i?

What the hell? Are you for real lol? InFamous 2 looks amazing and is one of the better looking games of 2011. Infamous 2 utilizes something very special: MLAA

MLAA has become standard in PS3 exclusives. Don't understand how you can complain tho.

Around the Network

Check out this comparison between infamous 1 and 2, now you'll understand what a graphics leap is.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/infamous-1-vs-infamous-2-image/1094647

Oh man, I feel sorry for you. You must obviously see a lot of 'horrible' looking games then...

Infamous 2 graphics are actualy good, they arent the best graphics out there but they sure arent horrible, or umplayable.

This was the last console game I beat (about 3 weeks ago) and I would have to say I totally agree. The image quality in this game is abysmal, especially for me considering I play on a 106" display. Also, the frame rate takes a huge hit when you use certain techniques, like bolt stream. Going from this to Assassins Creed Revelations is a night and day experience when it comes to image quality. Granted, I play that game at 1920X1080 with 8X MSAA, but from what digital foundry say even the console versions of that game are up there with God Of War 3 when it comes to edge smoothing.

Infamous 2 looks good, graphics are nothing to complain about. If you have a prob with Infamous 2 there most only be about 4-5 games this gen that look good.