By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - 2011 Year End Album Sales Chart

Its good to see that florence didnt suffer the second album slump. Also, impressive coldplays numbers, should top 6 million by the end of 2012. Call me crazy, but i think adele may be number 1 on next years year end chart too.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
NightDragon83 said:
Are these strictly CD sales, or they include digital downloads like iTunes as well

It includes both physical and digital sales

Wow, I was gonna say those numbers aren't bad for CDs, but for total sales across all formats, no wonder the music industry is dying since most of the top 40 artists barely managed to crack the million mark.

And the RIAA and MPAA think that SOPA is going to change this lol.  Glad to see someone with actual talent at #1 for once though... gives me hope for the future, if only just a little bit.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
man-bear-pig said:
NightDragon83 said:
Are these strictly CD sales, or they include digital downloads like iTunes as well

It includes both physical and digital sales

Wow, I was gonna say those numbers aren't bad for CDs, but for total sales across all formats, no wonder the music industry is dying since most of the top 40 artists barely managed to crack the million mark.

And the RIAA and MPAA think that SOPA is going to change this lol.  Glad to see someone with actual talent at #1 for once though... gives me hope for the future, if only just a little bit.

I don't think they tracks singles though which probably account for a huge amount of sales.

man-bear-pig said:
worldlyfall said:
I am so confused how Recovery sold more than Hell the sequel!

Yeah that is bizarre, Recovery has now sold over 7 million total. Also wow at adele selling nearly 10 mill more than #2!

Because Hell Meets Evil is Eminem newest album. Thought it would atleast sell more within its first 7 months on the market than Recovery would for the year. But than agian Reocvery is amazing.

Anyways the top ten albums sold make me sick who buys this mainstream trash? Other than Adele it's all trash (IMO of course)

Hmm I have Adele for my wife but I think she's good. She's the anti-gaga. No flash just stands on her talent.

Listening to Zappa, Gary Moore, Rory Gallagher,and Bonamassa for the last year and Adele. Those artist never really were sales Juggernauts

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Don't get this list.

Born This Way had sold over 8 Million copies as of October. 21 had sold 13 Million as of the 8th of December.

BTW 8 million shipped for the shops, 5 million sold.

21 sold 700k last week and 900k this week.

Avril, Coldplay, Foo Fighters i bought this year. Nickelback's album i bought today, but doesn't count for this year.

I hope to see madonna in the top ten next year...

Switch!!!

Wow, terrible sales; the music industry is in wretched shape.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Happy Avril made top 40, do you know where Foster the People are at?

Also is this including digital?