By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS passes 4m in Japan, SM3DSL and Mario Kart 7 pass 1 mill

gameonbro said:
Salnax said:
spurgeonryan said:
gameonbro said:
the problem i see with vita sony with games like unchartered etc.... nintendo played the game like a pro timing anything mario around the vita launch.

ps3 fans love drake. but the world loves mario

Don't forget Monster Hunter 3G! That came out right when it had to. Anyone know if there are any upcoming Capcom games on the Vita?

To my knowledge, just the already released UMvC3 and the upcoming port of Street FIghter vs Tekken

unlike uncharted how many are looking to play a fighting game on vita?  hell i rather the arcade stick and big screen.

In all fairness, Street Fighter was the most sucessful 3rd party game the 3DS has had this year other than Monster Hunter.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
DarkDesent666 said:

Mario does seem to have alot of pull, but mario alone isn't enough for me to get 3DS, other then remakes and multiplats and such what does 3DS have game wise out or coming out?

Action
*Conduit 3
*Kid Icarus: Uprising
*Metal Gear Solid 3D
*Rolling Western

Adventure
*Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
*Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney

Fighting
*Tekken 3D

Horror
*Luigi's Mansion 2
*Resident Evil: Revelations

Platformer
*Mighty Switch Force
*Mutant Mudds
*Shifting World

Racing
*Chocobo Racing 3

Rhythm
*Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure
*Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

RPG
*Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
*Beyond the Labyrinth
*Fantasy Life
*Heroes of Ruin
*Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
*Monster Hunter 4
*Paper Mario 3D
*Rune Factory 4
*Tales of the Abyss

Simulation
*Animal Crossing 3D
*RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D

Sports
*Mario Tennis 3D

Strategy
*Fire Emblem

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
gameonbro said:

unlike uncharted how many are looking to play a fighting game on vita?  hell i rather the arcade stick and big screen.

In all fairness, Street Fighter was the most sucessful 3rd party game the 3DS has had this year other than Monster Hunter.

Absolutely an important point, for Nintendo, because online play is a huge factor for them to address this gen., and for Capcom, who've already ported SSF4 to tons of systems already.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Salnax said:
DarkDesent666 said:

Mario does seem to have alot of pull, but mario alone isn't enough for me to get 3DS, other then remakes and multiplats and such what does 3DS have game wise out or coming out?

Action
*Conduit 3
*Kid Icarus: Uprising
*Metal Gear Solid 3D
*Rolling Western

Adventure
*Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
*Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney

Fighting
*Tekken 3D

Horror
*Luigi's Mansion 2
*Resident Evil: Revelations

Platformer
*Mighty Switch Force
*Mutant Mudds
*Shifting World

Racing
*Chocobo Racing 3

Rhythm
*Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure
*Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

RPG
*Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
*Beyond the Labyrinth
*Fantasy Life
*Heroes of Ruin
*Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
*Monster Hunter 4
*Paper Mario 3D
*Rune Factory 4
*Tales of the Abyss

Simulation
*Animal Crossing 3D
*RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D

Sports
*Mario Tennis 3D

Strategy
*Fire Emblem

Dead or Alive Dimension out now

Nano Assault out now

Shinobi out now

If you like core games, the 3DS is the best Ninty console in a decade for these types of games.

As for MH4 and Contra 3DS. Well if that doesn't wet your pants with anticipation theres something wrong with you.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Salnax said:
DarkDesent666 said:

Action
*Conduit 3 Pass
*Kid Icarus: Uprising Waiting and seeing on this one, a bit too shootery especailly for 3DS
*Metal Gear Solid 3D Vita going to have better one most likely
*Rolling Western Tower defence pass

Adventure
*Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle Not my thing
*Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney Not my thing

Fighting
*Tekken 3D Tekken is on everything, already a Tekken cross annouced for vita

Horror
*Luigi's Mansion 2 Pass
*Resident Evil: Revelations  Vita going to have better one most likely 

Platformer
*Mighty Switch Force Just watched trailer, pass
*Mutant Mudds  Just watched trailer, doesn't seem very fuild or puzzle solvey gonna pass
*Shifting World If I had 3DS would probably get but doesn't add to my desire to get one

Racing
*Chocobo Racing 3 I think I'll stick to the FF7 mini game

Rhythm
*Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure  pass  
*Theatrhythm Final Fantasy  pass  

RPG
*Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Looks good, hope it comes out in NA (and vita otherwise I'll be tempted to get a 3ds too)
*Beyond the Labyrinth  Looks good, hope it comes out in NA (and vita otherwise I'll be tempted to get a 3ds too) 
*Fantasy Life Looks really good, why didn't I know about this game before?
*Heroes of Ruin Looked into before it's crap, has input delay.
*Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance  Vita going to have better one most likely 
*Monster Hunter 4  Vita going to have better one most likely 
*Paper Mario 3D Mario=good I know
*Rune Factory 4 Looks good but not my kind of game I don't think seems too harvest moon
*Tales of the Abyss Port of ps2 game

Simulation
*Animal Crossing 3D pass 
*RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D  pass  

Sports
*Mario Tennis 3D  pass  

Strategy
*Fire Emblem Looks good, but would like to wait and see what psv comes out with in this genre.

Around the Network
DarkDesent666 said:
Salnax said:
DarkDesent666 said:

Action
*Conduit 3 Pass
*Kid Icarus: Uprising Waiting and seeing on this one, a bit too shootery especailly for 3DS

Adventure

Fighting

Horror
*Luigi's Mansion 2 Pass

Platformer
*Mutant Mudds  Just watched trailer, doesn't seem very fuild or puzzle solvey gonna pass
*Shifting World If I had 3DS would probably get but doesn't add to my desire to get one

Racing

Rhythm

RPG
*Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Looks good, hope it comes out in NA (and vita otherwise I'll be tempted to get a 3ds too)
*Beyond the Labyrinth  Looks good, hope it comes out in NA (and vita otherwise I'll be tempted to get a 3ds too) 
*Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance  Vita going to have better one most likely 
*Rune Factory 4 Looks good but not my kind of game I don't think seems too harvest moon

Simulation
*Animal Crossing 3D pass 

Sports
*Mario Tennis 3D  pass  

Strategy
*Fire Emblem Looks good, but would like to wait and see what psv comes out with in this genre.

6  games look good to you and that 's a lot for a 2 years handheld.Think about future,there will be more for sure.

BasilZero said:
Judgement-2012 said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Salnax said:
DarkDesent666 said:

Action
*Conduit 3 Pass

Adventure

Fighting

Horror
*Luigi's Mansion 2 Pass

Platformer

Racing

Rhythm

RPG

Simulation
*Animal Crossing 3D pass 

Sports
*Mario Tennis 3D  pass  

Strategy

6  games look good to you and that 's many for a 2 years handheld.Think about future,there will be more for sure.

6 games isnt a good number for a system thats been out for 2 years....also the 3DS hasnt been out for even a year o.O.

Just look at the ratio,most people only buys about 5 or 6 games for ds .Most of this games come out in 2012 so It 's a 2nd years for 3ds.

Judgement-2012 said:
BasilZero said:
Judgement-2012 said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Salnax said:

Action
*Conduit 3 Pass

Adventure

Fighting

Horror
*Luigi's Mansion 2 Pass

Platformer

Racing

Rhythm

RPG

Simulation
*Animal Crossing 3D pass 

Sports
*Mario Tennis 3D  pass  

Strategy

6  games look good to you and that 's many for a 2 years handheld.Think about future,there will be more for sure.

6 games isnt a good number for a system thats been out for 2 years....also the 3DS hasnt been out for even a year o.O.

Just look at the ratio,most people only buys about 5 or 6 games for ds .Most of this games come out in 2012 so It 's a 2nd years for 3ds.

"Vita going to have better one most likely"

Famous last words

Judgement-2012 said:
6  games look good to you and that 's a lot for a 2 years handheld.Think about future,there will be more for sure.

Maybe but right now Vita has more then that and it's not even out in NA (Uncharted, Gravity Rush,  Persona 4: The Golden, Ys IV, Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja, Ruin, LBP, even kinda interested in modnation and a few others) not to mention I really want Gravity Rush and I know alot more games with no info yet are coming to psv and the 3DS 3D makes me feel cross eyed and I like the psv's other features and since my psp broke I want something to play psp games that I never got and read comics. So in short I'm getting a Vita, and some of those games which are tempting me on 3DS might go to psv or not even come out in NA so there's really no reason to rush out and buy a 3DS right now. Not to mention I have a ton of ps3 games I need to beat/plat/100% and even some ps2 ones. 

megaman79 said:
"Vita going to have better one most likely"

Famous last words

One of them might not get a better game on vita but I can't see more then one not.