By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS passes 4m in Japan, SM3DSL and Mario Kart 7 pass 1 mill

DarkDesent666 said:
Judgement-2012 said:
6  games look good to you and that 's a lot for a 2 years handheld.Think about future,there will be more for sure.

Maybe but right now Vita has more then that and it's not even out in NA (Uncharted, Gravity Rush,  Persona 4: The Golden, Ys IV, Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja, Ruin, LBP, even kinda interested in modnation and a few others) not to mention I really want Gravity Rush and I know alot more games with no info yet are coming to psv and the 3DS 3D makes me feel cross eyed and I like the psv's other features and since my psp broke I want something to play psp games that I never got and read comics. So in short I'm getting a Vita, and some of those games which are tempting me on 3DS might go to psv or not even come out in NA so there's really no reason to rush out and buy a 3DS right now. Not to mention I have a ton of ps3 games I need to beat/plat/100% and even some ps2 ones. 

Ok, I lost it completely with the bold sentence.Are you kaz hirai in disguise?No info and you know they are coming.

About games, It all comes down to person after all.With me,no interest in those vita game yet.

Around the Network
Judgement-2012 said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Judgement-2012 said:
6  games look good to you and that 's a lot for a 2 years handheld.Think about future,there will be more for sure.

Maybe but right now Vita has more then that and it's not even out in NA (Uncharted, Gravity Rush,  Persona 4: The Golden, Ys IV, Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja, Ruin, LBP, even kinda interested in modnation and a few others) not to mention I really want Gravity Rush and I know alot more games with no info yet are coming to psv and the 3DS 3D makes me feel cross eyed and I like the psv's other features and since my psp broke I want something to play psp games that I never got and read comics. So in short I'm getting a Vita, and some of those games which are tempting me on 3DS might go to psv or not even come out in NA so there's really no reason to rush out and buy a 3DS right now. Not to mention I have a ton of ps3 games I need to beat/plat/100% and even some ps2 ones. 

Ok, I lost it completely with the bold sentence.Are you kaz hirai in disguise?No info and you know they are coming.

About games, It all comes down to person after all.With me,no interest in those vita game yet.

Well I know the developer and maybe the genre. What kind of games do you like, I know pretty much every vita game we know anything about I might be able to find you something. 

BasilZero said:
Judgement-2012 said:
BasilZero said:
Judgement-2012 said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Salnax said:
DarkDesent666 said:

Mario does seem to have alot of pull, but mario alone isn't enough for me to get 3DS, other then remakes and multiplats and such what does 3DS have game wise out or coming out?

Action
*Conduit 3 Pass
*Kid Icarus: Uprising Waiting and seeing on this one, a bit too shootery especailly for 3DS
*Metal Gear Solid 3D Vita going to have better one most likely
*Rolling Western Tower defence pass

Adventure
*Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle Not my thing
*Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney Not my thing

Fighting
*Tekken 3D Tekken is on everything, already a Tekken cross annouced for vita

Horror
*Luigi's Mansion 2 Pass
*Resident Evil: Revelations  Vita going to have better one most likely 

Platformer
*Mighty Switch Force Just watched trailer, pass
*Mutant Mudds  Just watched trailer, doesn't seem very fuild or puzzle solvey gonna pass
*Shifting World If I had 3DS would probably get but doesn't add to my desire to get one

Racing
*Chocobo Racing 3 I think I'll stick to the FF7 mini game

Rhythm
*Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure  pass  
*Theatrhythm Final Fantasy  pass  

RPG
*Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Looks good, hope it comes out in NA (and vita otherwise I'll be tempted to get a 3ds too)
*Beyond the Labyrinth  Looks good, hope it comes out in NA (and vita otherwise I'll be tempted to get a 3ds too) 
*Fantasy Life Looks really good, why didn't I know about this game before?
*Heroes of Ruin Looked into before it's crap, has input delay.
*Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance  Vita going to have better one most likely 
*Monster Hunter 4  Vita going to have better one most likely 
*Paper Mario 3D Mario=good I know
*Rune Factory 4 Looks good but not my kind of game I don't think seems too harvest moon
*Tales of the Abyss Port of ps2 game

Simulation
*Animal Crossing 3D pass 
*RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D  pass  

Sports
*Mario Tennis 3D  pass  

Strategy
*Fire Emblem Looks good, but would like to wait and see what psv comes out with in this genre.

6  games look good to you and that 's many for a 2 years handheld.Think about future,there will be more for sure.

6 games isnt a good number for a system thats been out for 2 years....also the 3DS hasnt been out for even a year o.O.

Just look at the ratio,most people only buys about 5 or 6 games for ds .Most of this games come out in 2012 so It 's a 2nd years for 3ds.

And what is the ratio? 6 games out of 20 or 30? Thats a terrible number to compare to a ratio. 10-15 would be more reasonable, third party software helps in numbers, which is why Nintendo's systems do poorly when it comes to third party titles, they never sell because :

A. Another system has a better version or a older version that is cheaper and almost as good as it out already. (i.e. Street Fighter IV 3D and Tales of the Abyss)
B. The games have too many gimmicks or are mostly developed using the gimmicks of the system itself which turns away alot of hard core gamers. (i.e. the huge amount of spin offs that had their games based on NDS' touch screen).
C. Not enough well known titles that do well overall world wide. (Third Party software wise)

If Nintendo can get the same support that Sony and MS got in the last few years, Nintendo would of been the best option overall in terms of gaming.

5-6 games for a system thats been out for 2 years is terrible, in a full 2 year span, a system should have at least 15-25 AAA titles or close to AAA at least if not more.

Jesus christ,do you know even the gba with the best library in all handhelds only got about 25 AAA titles through its life?This is handheld,not console man.

Here 's the gba for you to count my friend:

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/gba/metascore?view=condensed&hardware=all

If we want to discuss deeper,you 'd better show me some handhelds with ton of AAA titles like you said(don't count iphone)

DarkDesent666 said:
Judgement-2012 said:

Vita won't allow you to play old PSP games, unless you're happy "paying" for old PSP games through download.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
DarkDesent666 said:
Judgement-2012 said:

Vita won't allow you to play old PSP games, unless you're happy "paying" for old PSP games through download.

I know, read the bolded. Also yeah I'm happy playing for old games I never bought through download. 

Around the Network

^
And the AAA list based on your experience is valid with me and everyone because.....

Sorry but i trust metacritic more,at least it 's a consumtion of many reviewers and sources when yours is just an individual experience.

Can we not get into flamewars.

Personally if I look at the Vita games ANNOUNCED there are at most 3 games I want. The rest to me are shit and I wouldn't pay $5 for them. Oh but wait that is my OPINION.

So unless you want to take my opinion as fact, we are going to ignore your as opinion. If you want to say PSP has more AAA games than any other handheld, go ahead and say that. If you want to put "better version most likely come out on vita" after every game you LIKE on the 3DS, then go ahead.

Just don't be surprised when people will want to argue with you and point out how fanbiased you are appearing.
There is zero indication that ANY of those games you listed will be getting a vita port, so assume all you want, but don't be surprised if your waiting longer than you will have to wait for FF13versus.   ESPECIALLY when its a new console.  When a new console is released the company likes to have every publisher list everything including the kitchen sink that they might even "remotely" have the smallest possibility of releasing on that system in order to drive sales.  Its kind of worrying when the 3DS was announce for example Capcom talks about Monster hunter coming to 3DS.  When the Vita is announced, Capcom talks about making a game for vita.  A company stating they are making a franchise game holds a lot more water, than a company saying they are working on something for that system.  

If it was a big commercial game like Monster Hunter, they would have damn well said so.  They just say they are working on a game if they are making like some indy game like something that utilizes teh back touchscreen or something creative and not their big franchises.  

If Square Enix says they are working on the 3DS, to me that means some FF spinoff or something like that "at best"  If they are making a dragonquest main title or Final fantasy main title, THEY WOULD HAVE SAID SO.  

irstupid said:

Personally if I look at the Vita games ANNOUNCED there are at most 3 games I want. The rest to me are shit and I wouldn't pay $5 for them. Oh but wait that is my OPINION.

So unless you want to take my opinion as fact, we are going to ignore your as opinion. If you want to say PSP has more AAA games than any other handheld, go ahead and say that. If you want to put "better version most likely come out on vita" after every game you LIKE on the 3DS, then go ahead.

Just don't be surprised when people will want to argue with you and point out how fanbiased you are appearing.
There is zero indication that ANY of those games you listed will be getting a vita port, so assume all you want, but don't be surprised if your waiting longer than you will have to wait for FF13versus.   ESPECIALLY when its a new console.  When a new console is released the company likes to have every publisher list everything including the kitchen sink that they might even "remotely" have the smallest possibility of releasing on that system in order to drive sales.  Its kind of worrying when the 3DS was announce for example Capcom talks about Monster hunter coming to 3DS.  When the Vita is announced, Capcom talks about making a game for vita.  A company stating they are making a franchise game holds a lot more water, than a company saying they are working on something for that system.  

If it was a big commercial game like Monster Hunter, they would have damn well said so.  They just say they are working on a game if they are making like some indy game like something that utilizes teh back touchscreen or something creative and not their big franchises.  

If Square Enix says they are working on the 3DS, to me that means some FF spinoff or something like that "at best"  If they are making a dragonquest main title or Final fantasy main title, THEY WOULD HAVE SAID SO.  

Capcom already has 2 of their fighting games that they put on everything annouced for vita and all 3 regions of Square are making something for Vita though granted it's not dragon quest or FF main title, but the way they are heading with FF lately that's probably a good thing. Also I can see some devs holding off on annoucing what they are developing for a few reasons (want to actually show gameplay or don't want to hurt their sales of another game in that series coming out far sooner on another device)

BasilZero said:
Judgement-2012 said:
^
And the AAA list based on your experience is valid with me and everyone because.....

Sorry but i trust metacritic more,at least it 's a consumtion of many reviewers and sources when yours is just an individual experience.

The AAA list I made I'm pretty sure more than 90% of the people in these forums will agree with me on the list. Those are some of the most popular and sold games for the GBA library and hell I'm probably missing a few along with that! The fact that you said the GBA barely had 25 titles was shocking lol.

Btw,

I like that Tony Hawk GBA game getting a 95 from metacritic, must be a really good game lawl

http://www.metacritic.com/game/game-boy-advance/tony-hawks-pro-skater-2/critic-reviews?num_items=30

They dont even have all of the critics...anyways

Anyways I mean meta critic had to give it such a good score for being a good game!(other than the fact most people probably didnt even know the game existed lmao)

I respect your opinion but still no proof to back up.If we ask every people in the forum,that may be lead to infinite AAA lists for every consoles.And that 's why metacritic needed.

It 's my opinion and i think you got a different one.

Continuing leads us nowhere so we should stop here.

DarkDesent666 said:
irstupid said:

Capcom already has 2 of their fighting games that they put on everything annouced for vita and all 3 regions of Square are making something for Vita though granted it's not dragon quest or FF main title, but the way they are heading with FF lately that's probably a good thing. Also I can see some devs holding off on annoucing what they are developing for a few reasons (want to actually show gameplay or don't want to hurt their sales of another game in that series coming out far sooner on another device)

Wasn't arguing whats announced.  Capcom may have a 1000 fighting games coming to Vita for all I care.  What they DON'T have is Resident Evil Revelations.  I don't care what you say, hope, pray, assume.  The Vita is not getting that game until Capcom announces it.

And as you pointed out, square may be working on a ton of games for Vita, but if those games don't have "announced" titles, don't be surpised to see them be chocobo racing, bust a move, or some new game that 'neatly' uses the touch screens but is not a shall we say "hardcore" game.

If it was something like Final Fantasy (X), Dragonquest (X), Star Ocean (X), Kingdom Hearts (x), ect you can bet your ass we would have heard of it.  

Just simply look at the PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS, Wii U at their first E3 or year prior to launch.  They did EVERYTHING they could to announce games that people wanted to hear.  Even on spinoff games like Kingdom Hearts 3D, they listed it was a KINGDOM HEARTS GAME.  How come then the Vita just gets "square Enix" instead of a franchise?  Because the game isn't some big franchise game.  If it were, we would have heard.  If square enix was working on Final Fantasy 15, or Kindom Hearts 3, or ect, they would SAY THAT.  They would not hide it under "we are working on a game on this system"  Companies only goal is to MAKE MONEY.  They make money by announcing they are making a Kingdom hearts 3, they do not make money by announcing they are making a "game"