By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Meant for Consumers with Higher Disposable Income, Says Nintendo

Seece said:
Roma said:
Seece said:
Roma said:
Seece said:
Roma said:
primogen18 said:
All this Wii is dying talk, yet PS3 is at the bottom of the home console hardware chart and PSP is at the bottom of the charts period. How come I never see "Sony is dying" anywhere?

Those people actually see PSP and PS3 selling more than Wii DS and 3DS they can’t help it. They see what they want and ignore the truth

And now people are jumping the gun instead of hearing what the price will be in the end. That’s like accusing someone of doing something before they hear what they have to say

and to those i say look below

What have lifetime totals got to do with consoles dying?

The Wii is the one that is down millions YoY yet again, and heading for an early grave, whilst PS3 and X360 are enjoying their new peak years :-S sure they havn't won the generation but this isn't about that ...

PSP is dying as well though, both handhelds are only shipping 6 mill this year, and Wii is set to ship a few mill under PS3 and X360.

Well sure its selling less and less I mean it can’t sell the same numbers every year. Its dying compared to its previous numbers but not compared to the competition. We could easily say that when the HD twins sold low compared to Wii they were dying as well but thats not true

What do you mean by early grave? Even if Nintendo stopped production of Wii it would still have been out for more than 5 years which is the console life time so unless you started gaming when 360 came out you should know better

You're being too black and white. A console that is constantly up YoY through it's life is at no point dying, whatever the competition is doing. Wii being down YoY (3 - 5 mill a year) and now set to do below 10 mill in 2012 (something the HD consoles will be above next year, and have been above for years) along with no SW coming out for it, and Nintendo concentrating on WiiU means yes, the Wii is dying, I'm actually amazed anyone has an argument against it tbh.

Again, Sony and MS have managed to beat the 3rd year peak syndrom, Nintendo havn't, by this generations standards the Wii was capable of living much longer than it will.

Haha I don't remember ever saying any of the consoles were dying. I’m talking about those that say Wii is dying yet it is selling more than a dying console would sell.

The Wii sells more than PS3 but oh yeah its dying. Do you see how stupid that sounds?

A few good weeks out of 52 doesn't mean a console isn't dying .... go learn what the word perspective means!

The Wii is declining, not dying yet, that would imply that it will soon be dead; it's declining - and as someone put it, doing better than the PS3 in the process of its decline. The PS3 simply is just not up to the same level as the Wii in terms of market performance.

On the other hand, the PSP is dying - and it will be dead soon.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

If the price is 299.99(A fair price for consoles) for the Wii U, Nintendo wouldn't need to start with damage control My guess is 349.99 - 399.99. A fair bit higher than normal, especially for Nintendo, and high enough for damage control.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I like what Level1Death said, hahahahahah!

I will be one of the three.

Well your lucky then. Because I doubt most people would pay above 500$ for a video game console including me, even though I am a gamer.

being a gamer doesn't mean you have to blow money on an over priced product. i'm so glad i'm a late adopter.

I know but the people who are gamers would be the one to buy the more expensive version because you want to 'support' your favorite company (i.e. a fan) like me, except I wouldn't because I don't have 500$ or more all I get is Holiday/Birthday money. So people like littler kids or older people, or people who just sort of like to game (casual gamer) would most likely not buy it at that price point. Which most of the world are those people, so if they price it like that then most people won't buy it. That is mostly why the Wii won the console war for sales, because of it's good price point and overall fun games.

"Again, Sony and MS have managed to beat the 3rd year peak syndrom, Nintendo havn't, by this generations standards the Wii was capable of living much longer than it will." -Seece

That is true. It was designed for a 5 year race yet its still going lol. The proper word is "declining" which is normal for all gadgets.

But anyway so many people can be trolled so easily. Not a surprise >.>. It wont be priced $600. When it launches with a $399-$449 (estimated max) price tag remember what you all posted. Get ready to get trolled. I am more than sure Nintendo knows what its doing. Even if the 3DS had a price tag mistake, I would call it a darn good experiment before their next console arrives.

Their tactic is to remain unpredictable against their competitors. They always been good at that.

Roma said:
Seece said:
Roma said:
primogen18 said:
All this Wii is dying talk, yet PS3 is at the bottom of the home console hardware chart and PSP is at the bottom of the charts period. How come I never see "Sony is dying" anywhere?

Those people actually see PSP and PS3 selling more than Wii DS and 3DS they can’t help it. They see what they want and ignore the truth

And now people are jumping the gun instead of hearing what the price will be in the end. That’s like accusing someone of doing something before they hear what they have to say

The Wii is the one that is down millions YoY yet again, and heading for an early grave, whilst PS3 and X360 are enjoying their new peak years :-S sure they havn't won the generation but this isn't about that ...

PSP is dying as well though, both handhelds are only shipping 6 mill this year, and Wii is set to ship a few mill under PS3 and X360.

Well sure its selling less and less I mean it can’t sell the same numbers every year. Its dying compared to its previous numbers but not compared to the competition. We could easily say that when the HD twins sold low compared to Wii they were dying as well but thats not true

What do you mean by early grave? Even if Nintendo stopped production of Wii it would still have been out for more than 5 years which is the console life time so unless you started gaming when 360 came out you should know better

i don't completly believe that. Wii was killed to push Wiiu, and that's the main reason for the decline. 

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Roma said:
Seece said:
Roma said:
primogen18 said:

i don't completly believe that. Wii was killed to push Wiiu, and that's the main reason for the decline. 

lol you razed the bar even more by saying “killed”. I guess those numbers are just an “illusion” then.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

NintendoPie said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

Well your lucky then. Because I doubt most people would pay above 500$ for a video game console including me, even though I am a gamer.

being a gamer doesn't mean you have to blow money on an over priced product. i'm so glad i'm a late adopter.

I know but the people who are gamers would be the one to buy the more expensive version because you want to 'support' your favorite company (i.e. a fan) like me, except I wouldn't because I don't have 500$ or more all I get is Holiday/Birthday money. So people like littler kids or older people, or people who just sort of like to game (casual gamer) would most likely not buy it at that price point. Which most of the world are those people, so if they price it like that then most people won't buy it. That is mostly why the Wii won the console war for sales, because of it's good price point and overall fun games.

agreed but you still don't have to pay launch price for a console to be considerd i true or core gamer. it's not about loyalty or support. it's about fun and enjoying the experiance, and what you're able to do to support your fav. company.

Ninty knows not everyone will be able to afford the Wiiu, otherwise we'd never have pricedrops, and that's why i'm a late adopter. i paid for my PS3 with tips while i worked at Kroger, and i was not about to take my paycheck and blow it on a PS3. i didn't make enough anyway. it would have taken me a 2 wk's paycheck only to have $60 left over which i knew wasn't worth it.

it's all about economics , or better yet think of yourself as a business. what are your operating expenses, what can you afford to take risk on based on the capital that you've made off the product(you) you put out to make that money? if the product (you) only bring in $500 a wk., yet your expenses only allow for you to make $200 in profit for that month. are you going to go out and by a $200 Wii, or are you going to save that money?

the one thing you have to factor into all of that is monetary needs after general expenses, like car, repairs and other things of the sort. 

you don't want to buy a $200 console when you may need a new alternator. when you've saved money, or you've made enough to invest in the item in question without having to worry about other expenses then that's when you take the risk, but if you don't have to worry, then there is no risk. 

support comes with a price, and that price could very well be utilities, which would then defeat the purpose of the purchase of a Wiiu right?

capital first, needs second, and wants last. you want a Wiiu, but you don't haft to have one. you want to support your fav. company, but you don't haft to. it's all about you.

NintendoPie said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

agreed but you still don't have to pay launch price for a console to be considerd i true or core gamer. it's not about loyalty or support. it's about fun and enjoying the experiance, and what you're able to do to support your fav. company.

Ninty knows not everyone will be able to afford the Wiiu, otherwise we'd never have pricedrops, and that's why i'm a late adopter. i paid for my PS3 with tips while i worked at Kroger, and i was not about to take my paycheck and blow it on a PS3. i didn't make enough anyway. it would have taken me a 2 wk's paycheck only to have $60 left over which i knew wasn't worth it.

it's all about economics , or better yet think of yourself as a business. what are your operating expenses, what can you afford to take risk on based on the capital that you've made off the product(you) you put out to make that money? if the product (you) only bring in $500 a wk., yet your expenses only allow for you to make $200 in profit for that month. are you going to go out and by a $200 Wii, or are you going to save that money?

the one thing you have to factor into all of that is monetary needs after general expenses, like car, repairs and other things of the sort. 

you don't want to buy a $200 console when you may need a new alternator. when you've saved money, or you've made enough to invest in the item in question without having to worry about other expenses then that's when you take the risk, but if you don't have to worry, then there is no risk. 

support comes with a price, and that price could very well be utilities, which would then defeat the purpose of the purchase of a Wiiu right?

capital first, needs second, and wants last. you want a Wiiu, but you don't haft to have one. you want to support your fav. company, but you don't haft to. it's all about you.

NintendoPie said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

i know you understand what i'm saying, i just think you neede another perspective

My ongoing feeling that the Wii U will perform a lot worse than the Wii is getting more coal in the fire daily. Nintendo will learn the hard way that price really does matter and they might end up looking silly against two or possible more consoles in and around the same price range with performance and hardware that is a lot more powerful. The Wii's performance was always reflected in the price, the Wii U will not have that benefit and will most likely suffer for it, the price is a much bigger part of the equation than many are willing to admit.

I also still remember fondly the days when everyone would point and laugh when you suggested that Nintendo would launch their next gen console first. This has been a truly weird generation and I can't say I'm sad to see it near the end, to be honest.