By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Meant for Consumers with Higher Disposable Income, Says Nintendo

Where are people getting this +$500 ideas?

From what I could tell is that we shouldn't expect a $250 console like the Wii.

I'm expecting $300-350, $400 being the absolute max.

Around the Network

Nintendo will make WiiU available at $401 or higher. It will between $250 and $400. They say it won't struggle like 3DS. In fact this is a console so it will be higher. All Nintendo handhelds were less than $250 or to say $200 is why they sell a lot. Wii U can be $350 from start and $400 with a Game Bundled. Wii Buyers today this Holiday are paying $100 for it. It will be different. Only people who BODY IS NOT READY WILL NOT BUY IT. LOL

"Nintendo fan for life"

Well, the Wii is currently fairly cheap, why is it surprising that the Wii U won't be this cheap? I am not sure where this 600$ number comes from, but isn't that 4-6 times more than the Wii? I don't think Fils Aime said anything along the lines of it being 4-6 times more than the Wii.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

All this Wii is dying talk, yet PS3 is at the bottom of the home console hardware chart and PSP is at the bottom of the charts period. How come I never see "Sony is dying" anywhere?

Not sure how people didn't expect it to cost more when it will likely have some pretty good hardware specs (not sure if they have officially been revealed), not to mention a controller gizmo that comes with every one that ought to add a good chunk of change to the cost.

It isn't going to be $599, I have no clue where people got that, but $399 seems like a legitimate possibility, which is rather high for a Nintendo console.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

Lets put it in perspective. If it launches at $600 in AUSTRALIA, it is still cheaper than PS3 Launch here of $1000. A damn ipad2 here is about $600-$800 depending on model.

Considering a lot of people are willing to spend that money on ipads here, then I do not see much of an issue selling for so high till launch of ps4/720.

I reckon launch price in the USA will be $350-$450 with a core game.

Good hardware means more money,still i don't see price going over $400 U.S.

And comparing ipad to consoles is wrong,people aren't willing to spend $600 for console.Ps3 proved it.

I'll take that as a firm $500.00 at launch because anything less probably wouldn't be said to be aimed at an audience with a high disposable income. They probably plan to bring it down to $250 when the next Sony and Microsoft consoles are released.

primogen18 said:
All this Wii is dying talk, yet PS3 is at the bottom of the home console hardware chart and PSP is at the bottom of the charts period. How come I never see "Sony is dying" anywhere?

Those people actually see PSP and PS3 selling more than Wii DS and 3DS they can’t help it. They see what they want and ignore the truth

And now people are jumping the gun instead of hearing what the price will be in the end. That’s like accusing someone of doing something before they hear what they have to say

and to those i say look below

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

primogen18 said:

Figure it out:

PS3 is number 1 worldwide on the year, over 2 million above the Wii.

Wii is having it's lowest year of sales, while PS3 is having one of its highest

Software on the Wii is drying up, releases a few and far between

And PS3 dead on arrival threads ruled from 2006 - 2008, and PSP is "dead" (not just dieing) was big in 2009. Now we just accept it is in fact dead, except in Japan where you still the lame comments "Nice sales for a 'dead' console" or something along those lines, which Nintendo fans adopted for the 3DS.