By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Meant for Consumers with Higher Disposable Income, Says Nintendo

Nintendo and Expensive have never gone together before, so they are making a very stupid mistake, if this is true. The recession doesn't help.

I really doubt, that i will that pricey. I think it could launch at between £250 and £300 ($350 to $400). Which is expensive, but not luxury. (not PS3 launch expense!)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
pariz said:
leo-j said:
it worked so well for sony, they went from being market leader by a landslide to loosing a significant amount of brand recognition to microsoft and nintendo

Just what I intended to say.

If this is true, then I guess the gap between Nintendo's and its competitors new consoles won't be that big.

Nintendo's lead over sony and microsoft ain't that big now though at just 30 million. When compared to sony's 68 million lead over Nintendo with the ps1 and sony's 125 million lead over nintendo and microsoft with the PS2. I would say it's pretty close between the wii, xbox 360 and ps3 as it is. Anyone, could lead in sales next gen

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Since Wii will almost certainly be given a price cut to $99, even $299 would be a different market.

I fully expect WiiU to launch at $299. $349 tops. Anything more than that and it's DOA

Sounds like what Sony said about the PS3....

just saying.

Edit: Ah old thread.  was gonna say.

selnor said:
Niintendo. Die and crumble. No gamer will pay through the roof for tech not much further on than PS3 and 360.

WHich is why they won't. I originally thought it was going to be 350 maybe even 400, but after e3 im thinking 300, maybe 350 tops

Around the Network

Woah, a thread back from the dead. Atleast this isn't as bad as my slip up.

But yeah, the poster of that article really thought Nintendo would go Sony's route back then, I just hope they don't be that stupid to do it, but I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!