Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Meant for Consumers with Higher Disposable Income, Says Nintendo

Judgement-2012 said:
Two jobs are not qual.Small one is used for streaming controller when large one for processing.
We don't know exactly dividual power between two jobs but I doubt the streaming 'll take more than 10 percent.


Not sure if serious....matterfact I dont even know what your trying to say to begin with o.o



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
oniyide said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
oniyide said:


People are tightwads???


You really using that card during a recession?

Are you still not taking the recession into account?

And perhaps after a couple gens of seeing their favorite company fall so short in sales, would Nintendo fans not have reason to be concerned it will happen again?

Ill use that card, whenver, because there are cheap ass people in the world who will not be willing to pay a certain price for a console no matter what timeframe. "recession" is just an excuse to cover up some of their cheapness. 300-350 is expensive for a console?? Really?? If that is really going to break your bank, then something is wrong. 400 and up is a bit much and 600 is crazy, but no one said it would be anywhere near that price.


 Absolutley agree with 300 - 350 being a decent price. I mean; the Company making this expensive stuff needs to make money too! 

     (I though at first that you were saying people not buying a console for $600 makes them tightwads, kinda scared me there, haha!)

NO way. 600 bucks, only psychos and trolls thought that would be the price of WII U. As for the recession, yeah I know what it does, it sucks. BUt people need to understand, things go up in price. THey all do, people need to DEAL with it. If  you paid 250 for a WII a few years ago and 50-100 bucks more is going to hurt you, then dont play. Ninty doesnt owe anyone anything. They'll price it the way they see fit. If you dont like it dont buy, if you cant ball dont play. 



BasilZero said:
Judgement-2012 said:
Two jobs are not qual.Small one is used for streaming controller when large one for processing.
We don't know exactly dividual power between two jobs but I doubt the streaming 'll take more than 10 percent.


Not sure if serious....matterfact I dont even know what your trying to say to begin with o.o

Sorry,i am never good at writing.

I means the power in WiiU divides into two parts.One for streaming to its tablet controller while the other one for processing graphics for main game,the streaming is the small one and the processing, of course ,is the big one.

My thought is that the streaming only uses little power while most is used for processing.Yet I have no proof to back it up.

With power division like that,I don't think another console with 50-100$ more could be much more powerful than WiiU.



While the WiiU will cost somewhere around $150-$200, its the tablet controllers that will be the biggest cost of the system.

Nintendo going core gamer and forgetting the mass market? That doesnt bode well. N64 and Gamecube proved Nintendo fanboys arent numerous enough to keep Nintendo in good business.



Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

Judgement-2012 said:
BasilZero said:
Judgement-2012 said:
Two jobs are not qual.Small one is used for streaming controller when large one for processing.
We don't know exactly dividual power between two jobs but I doubt the streaming 'll take more than 10 percent.


Not sure if serious....matterfact I dont even know what your trying to say to begin with o.o

Sorry,i am never good at writing.

I means the power in WiiU divides into two parts.One for streaming to its tablet controller while the other one for processing graphics for main game,the streaming is the small one and the processing, of course ,is the big one.

My thought is that the streaming only uses little power while most is used for processing.Yet I have no proof to back it up.

With power division like that,I don't think another console with 50-100$ more could be much more powerful than WiiU.

Ah I see, a good theory though but we'll know in a few months ;)



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network
oniyide said:
NintendoPie said:
oniyide said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
oniyide said:


People are tightwads???


You really using that card during a recession?

Are you still not taking the recession into account?

And perhaps after a couple gens of seeing their favorite company fall so short in sales, would Nintendo fans not have reason to be concerned it will happen again?

Ill use that card, whenver, because there are cheap ass people in the world who will not be willing to pay a certain price for a console no matter what timeframe. "recession" is just an excuse to cover up some of their cheapness. 300-350 is expensive for a console?? Really?? If that is really going to break your bank, then something is wrong. 400 and up is a bit much and 600 is crazy, but no one said it would be anywhere near that price.


 Absolutley agree with 300 - 350 being a decent price. I mean; the Company making this expensive stuff needs to make money too! 

     (I though at first that you were saying people not buying a console for $600 makes them tightwads, kinda scared me there, haha!)

NO way. 600 bucks, only psychos and trolls thought that would be the price of WII U. As for the recession, yeah I know what it does, it sucks. BUt people need to understand, things go up in price. THey all do, people need to DEAL with it. If  you paid 250 for a WII a few years ago and 50-100 bucks more is going to hurt you, then dont play. Ninty doesnt owe anyone anything. They'll price it the way they see fit. If you dont like it dont buy, if you cant ball dont play. 

 Agreed. I saved my butt of for the Wii (I was pretty young when it first came out.) and I waited and waited for my local Gamestop to get one in stock, some people just need to set priorities.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

oniyide said:

NO way. 600 bucks, only psychos and trolls thought that would be the price of WII U. As for the recession, yeah I know what it does, it sucks. BUt people need to understand, things go up in price. THey all do, people need to DEAL with it.(1) If  you paid 250 for a WII a few years ago and 50-100 bucks more is going to hurt you, then dont play.(2) Ninty doesnt owe anyone anything.(3) They'll price it the way they see fit.(4) If you dont like it dont buy, if you cant ball dont play. 


1. This isn't denying things like inflation. This is about Nintendo feeling the need to make something expensive as a mass market product, at a time when more and more people have trouble paying for things. It's bad business.

2. Why are you assuming people bothered by the price are only thinking of themselves? How about some of us want game companies to not shoot themsevles in their feet, and for customers in general to be respected and not gouged?

3. They do if they want to stay in business. The customers actually hold the "don't owe you anything" card, which they demonstrated in the N64 and GC years by rejecting Nintendo's direction, and Nintendo was forced to change it to get on top again.

4. That shows you really don't understand basic economics, and thinks Nintendo is the vassal and the customers the serfs, or esle why would you defend Nintendo making a decision that drives away customers? Some of us here want Nintendo to stop driving their customers away.



A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It doesn't matter what price it launches at, because I'm just going to wait until it drops $50 or so the following year



On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

This is based on a statement by Reggie.

Nothing to see here. Move along.



 SW-5120-1900-6153

If people can't afford Wii U, most probably, after the next cuts, they'll be able to afford a 7th gen console, if they couldn't before (this is regarding 200 and 150 Euros sweet spots, the next respectively for PS3 and XB360). But it must be said that there is Wii that is already dirt cheap, not many people that didn't buy it at 117 Euros this Xmas will buy it at 99 Euros next Xmas. But if Ninty drops its price even more, say 79 Euros, adding a large library of budget priced old big games, then a whole new demographic group of users could keep Wii alive at least another 3 years from now, as most probably neither XB360 nor PS3 will drop under 100 Euros before (swap Euros, VAT included, with $ sales tax excluded for US price). People wanting a Wii U just after launch will have to bite the bullet and pay the price, whatever it is, but this isn't different from any other new consoles, launch price will determine how large the early adopter market will be, but die-hard early adopters will buy it at any price, at cost of selling their ass, or killing old ladies to rob them or killing them to sell their ass to necrophiliacs and then killing necrophiliacs and rob them of what they still have after having paid dead old ladies' asses. At least this is what Reggie told me.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!