By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Dark Knight Rises TRAILER is here - Added new Prometheus trailer too!

Tagged games:

pezus said:
Reasonable said:
pezus said:
Reasonable said:
pezus said:
Updated op with the official trailer!

Just when I was getting used to watching Kelly...

Looks pretty good I think.  Not sure why people say Bane is hard to hear it seems clear enough to me.  Glad they're not showing too much too early.

Speaking of which I can't believe there's a teaser for the release of the trailer for Prometheus.  Mind you - visually the stuff in the tiny clip looks spectacular.

Where can you find said clip?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52333

Nice, did I possibly spot a bit of Iceland in that clip? Looking forward to the trailer

Edit: This is what Scott said: "It will be 15 minutes in total, if all goes to plan. We are shooting the beginning of time.”

Quite possible, you probably already know this, but the "prison & training" chunk of Batman Begins was filmed in Iceland.

Despite it being a very difficult region for them to film in, it did give them some stunning results, so they might have decided it was a good idea to go back there to film some stuff.

RCTjunkie said:
LOVE!

Midnight premire IMAX tickets: the top of my 18th birthday list. :D

It's my birthday today, you'll be so kind to use your time machine to go forth in time, and get me some tickets I hope?

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
LOVE!

Midnight premire IMAX tickets: the top of my 18th birthday list. :D

TDKR in IMAX should turn out to be glorious.

What's the shocker going to be? In Batman Begins, the surprise was that Liam Neeson was actually Ras Al Ghul. In The Dark Knight, it turned out to be Two Face.

What's the shocker going to be in this one?

In the world of comics, Bane is "The Man Who Broke The Batman." More than just a powerful physical specimen, Bane figured out who Batman was, how he operates, and how to destroy his mind. He broke every inmate out of Arkham Asylum. He took control of Gotham's underworld--even had Catwoman working for him. He entered Batman's home and beat down Alfred before giving Batman a 22 page beating of a lifetime. He broke Batman's back (probably not gonna happen in the movie). He became Ras Al Ghul's chosen one.

With these credentials alone, Bane has the makings of a great Bat-Movie villain. We haven't seen Batman in a full on battle against a worthy opponent in any of the previous movies. He's gone against Ra's, Scarecrow, and Joker in a battle of wits but his physical ability has yet to be put to the test. Bane will bring that challenge as well as the cerebral. Bane is the "anti-Batman".

But what will the shocker be? I suspect that Ra's Al Ghul survived the first movie and is behind Bane. He'll likely be the source of Bane's Venom (if Bane uses Venom in this movie), Bane's henchman, and Bane's knowledge. I wouldn't be surprised if Catwoman turns out to be on of Ra's Al Ghul's assassins from the League of Shadows.

Also, while Bane was the man that took down Batman in the comics, the real story wasn't about Batman's downfall. Just like how Doomsday killed Superman, the real story was about the character's return. It was about proving whether Batman/Superman was still relevant.

So, with Batman down and out, he was replaced by a vengeful, darker, more modern version. Azrael took the reigns of Batman and didn't have the morals that Batman had. He wasn't a detective. He didn't kill but he didn't have the restraint that Batman had and as a result, people died. The real story was whether we wanted the old Batman back.

I wouldn't be surprised it the real villain in The Dark Knight isn't Bane at all. How cool would it be if Azrael takes down Bane but ruins the Batman legacy (of course, Batman DID kill Harvey Dent--or at least Gotham thinks he did) by being too brutal? What if it turns into a Batman vs. Batman battle to see who really is the hero that Gotham needs and deserves? The Dark Knight vs. the Darker Knight. That would be awesome.

Can't wait to see what the movie gives us!

1:30 TOUCHDOWN !!!!!

Around the Network

Damn it,I just cannot stop watching the bloody trailer!.

I think I've watched it over 25 times already.

In the comics, Batman actually has an enemy named Prometheus.

pezus said:
d21lewis said:

In the comics, Batman actually has an enemy named Prometheus.

This one?

I was thinking......but after looking at your pic, I think you're right.

pezus said:
Mordred11 said:
Damn it,I just cannot stop watching the bloody trailer!.

LOL! Same here. Why is Bane so awesome? Anyone?

OT: Added the new Prometheus trailer for the fun of it. Holy monkey balls that looks great. Icelaaaand

I have no idea why people are complaining about Bane's voice.It's damn perfect the way it is.