By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Console Graphics King

Tagged games:

I'm still playing through Uncharted 3 at the moment. It has some incredible visuals. What's probably most remarkable though is how different the game looks as you jump from chapter to chapter. Naughty Dog have created a huge variety to the look and design of individual levels, from city, to jungle to desert etc. It's the diversity to the environments and the assets used that's really unrivaled by any other game I've played, with the consistent high quality and attention to detail throughout.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
crissindahouse said:

a game i really love graphically is the witcher 2. sure it's not the best looking pc game but it looks really good for this kind of game. it has for example nice clothing textures.

I was looking closely at your sig, which is a great picture regardless of the source, and then...I noticed the tiny Master Chief in the corner. @_@

yes that'S why they laugh, just look at his big gun and then the little master chief tries to make them fear haha^^

the picture is an artwork from the last of us

Aldro said:
I don't want The Last of Us to beat UC3 :(

XD

You should be ashamed of yourself.

aldro, you must be brave now, because all these people

can buy this if they want to

hehe sry

Dallinor said:
I'm still playing through Uncharted 3 at the moment. It has some incredible visuals. What's probably most remarkable though is how different the game looks as you jump from chapter to chapter. Naughty Dog have created a huge variety to the look and design of individual levels, from city, to jungle to desert etc. It's the diversity to the environments and the assets used that's really unrivaled by any other game I've played, with the consistent high quality and attention to detail throughout.

I know right?! :D

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:
Aldro said:
I don't want The Last of Us to beat UC3 :(

XD

You should be ashamed of yourself.

But I love Uncharted! XD

crissindahouse said:

aldro, you must be brave now, because all these people

can buy this if they want to

hehe sry

omg i want golden abyss, but im no handheld gamer :p

Yeah UC3 maybe the best looking console game in particular the last few levels but not without it's faults. Got a lot of sub pixel aliasing, has some low resolution alpha effects, the odd texture steaming issues and some of the objects are in serious need of a tessellation boost

I always think best looking graphics all depends on which side of the fence you sit on. PS3 crowd will say Killzone/Uncharted/GOWIII.

360 crowd will say 'Yeah but those games are so linear and closed man. 360 can do better sandbox and alpha effects!'

Personally I would say the best looking AND performing games this gen are all on PS3 but they are very few. KZ3 looks amazing and performs very well with zero screen tear. Same goes for Uncharted 2 & 3. The best looking 360 games always have a few niggling issues like sub HD or no AA or some screen tear but they tend to be more open with 4 player co-op and/or split screen and do take advantage of the superior alpha effects the 360 bandwidth superiority can afford.

SinZinDetta said:

To bad all those nice graphics only resulted in a seven and a half hour single player game with a multiplayer I could not care less for. It was a great seven and a half hours don't get me wrong, but waiting all year for a game to beat in three days was kinda lame.

play it again. problem solved