By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Console Graphics King

Tagged games:

It's pretty obvious that U3 is king of graphics right now.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Aldro said:
crissindahouse said:
Aldro said:
crissindahouse said:
pezus said:
SqueakySamurai said:

Everyone here is talking about how MGS4 was the graphics king of 08, but no one is even mentioning GTA IV or Gears of War 2.

I mentioned GTA and it looks good but it doesn't have better graphics than MGS4. Gears 2 I don't think looks like graphics king material. It just looked so...gray?

nothing against mgs but talking about the colorless gow2 is funny defending a mgs game with this. i mean for me mgs is nothing more than always green, or always green-brown
 just look at all posted pictures one site before. they are all only green (or yellow). not much color there.

I take it you have played the game though?

Act 1 = grey-green
Act 2 = green jungles
Act 3 = yellow, streets
Act 4 = white as hell, snow, metal-ish
Act 5 = Metal, amazing view on Outer haven, through halls etc.

The images on MGS4 does sell it as .. very.. bleh in my opinion. But when I think about MGS4, I do NOT associate it with those images xD.

Also, I tried to look for some Pacific Rift videos, the textures aren't sharp unfortunately. Then again I've been playing so much UC3. You be the judge:

i can post you some picture of my street and you will know what i mean. or ohh use your own window...

wow how colorful:

http://www.google.de/search?q=mgs+4&hl=de&client=firefox-a&hs=iqK&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=5arrTuCIBJDFswbDyYiRBw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CCYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=910

man i don't care just funny to try to defend mgs games and talking about colors, that's all.

That's the direction Kojima goes with MGS4 though, but it's not the lack of colors per se, its how they are presented in this "dark-ish" feel that the world is going to hell.

^Great picture of Naomi by the way.

Don't mind the quality, just threw in some different area pics.

The variety is there..

haha good that you psoted an ncharted pic few posts after that:

that proves exactly what i say, everything only green, yellow or green-brown, yellow-brown, yellow-green....

Agree to disagree my friend :D. Glad to see the pic is being used ^_^

pezus said:
SqueakySamurai said:

Everyone here is talking about how MGS4 was the graphics king of 08, but no one is even mentioning GTA IV or Gears of War 2.

I mentioned GTA and it looks good but it doesn't have better graphics than MGS4. Gears 2 I don't think looks like graphics king material. It just looked so...gray?

Really, did you even play gears two or are you thinking of gears one? It did win some awards for its visuals.

worldlyfall said:
pezus said:
SqueakySamurai said:

Really, did you even play gears two or are you thinking of gears one? It did win some awards for its visuals.

it's the same like with mgs. most parts have a not very colorful style. so really if someone tries to compare mgs with gow the one color style comparison makes no sense^^

this could be from mgs^^

btw did someone recognize my "the last of us" signature easter egg? lol

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
some people in this forum used to think crysis 2 was graphics king in consoles , then they took an uncharted 3 game in the knee !!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Around the Network
pezus said:
Let's not...blow...my comment out of proportion. There's a reason I put a question mark after the "gray". I'm not quite sure what it is about Gears 2's graphics, I guess it's just the fact that it runs on the tired Unreal engine.

You probably just find the artstyle unappealing.

I know I do.

pezus said:
bouzane said:

Sorry but the critics unanimously failed to criticize GTAIV. I remember when I booted up MGS4 for the first time and my friend Drew criticized the graphics almost as much as the story :/

@pezus

You don't play many PC games do you? Battlefield 3's engine has some serious issues and the overall production values fall short of games like Crysis and Metro 2033.

Uhm, yes, yes I do...BF3 falls short of Crysis? Are you kidding me? Either your suffering from severe nostalgia that's clouding your memories or you're talking about a modded Crysis. Can't quite comment on Metro since I haven't played it enough.

a game i really love graphically is the witcher 2. sure it's not the best looking pc game but it looks really good for this kind of game. it has for example nice clothing textures.

I don't want The Last of Us to beat UC3 :(

XD

if it won't be so scripted and linear i think it won't beat uncharted except maybe the character models. if it will be linear which, i think, would be bad for this game, then it will beat uc3 graphics. ok, if it will be open world and has same graphics as uc3 then it beats it because it's clear this is more impressive even if it looks exactly the same^^

i hate them if it will be scripted and linear. i can live with it in uncharted 3 but it would suck for this concept.

crissindahouse said:

a game i really love graphically is the witcher 2. sure it's not the best looking pc game but it looks really good for this kind of game. it has for example nice clothing textures.

I was looking closely at your sig, which is a great picture regardless of the source, and then...I noticed the tiny Master Chief in the corner. @_@