By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ever been the victim of a crime?

lordmandeep said:

Oh I forgot this one.

I was driving home back from work when I was 17 and I was stoped at a light.

A pedestrian (who was black) crossed the street went up to my window and tried opening the door!!

It appears car jackers try this as some people do not locked thier doors while driving.

I sped away by making a right turn into the other street and I think I injured him as I sped away.

Yep I've seen this in the bad part of town before, not on my car though. Luckily the car I now have auto locks as soon as you put it in Drive.

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
1. 80GB IPOD

2. Uber Laptop

3. Wii + 4wiimotes/nunchucks/wm+ + Galaxy/NSMB/Metroid/Kart/Smash...12 games + 2 classic controllers

4. Broke into my car

5. Someone broke into my house while I was sleeping (almost killed him)

6. Mountain Bike

7. 3 x cellphones

... I live in South Africa.

LMAO !!! Shiit son, maybe its time to move someplace else?

My whole class got robbed during one of our PE lessons. Someone sneaked in the changing room and robbed all of us. I lost my sport bag and a brand new T Shirt. I got off pretty good tho, some guy lost his jeans, sweater, jacket and a cell phone. He had to go home in his shorts, and it was raining outside. The bastards even took his keys! It was humiliating as hell

Dr.Grass said:
spurgeonryan said:
Dr.Grass said:

Huh!? Are you serious with that first comment? I was implying that crime is a problem here... I love my country.

Mountain bikes can be more expensive than motorcars.

No I am sure you love your country. Just a small joke. Smalllllllll joke. sorry if it offended you or anything.

How much was your bike? :P

I thought it must be a joke :)

haha, actually my bike wasn't too expensive R2000 ~ $200 or so. I do know someone who has a bike worth over $6000 - the crazy idiot.

We have a lot of South African immigrants here in NZ. Mostly getting away from the crime in SA. It's kind of sad how bad it is over there.

On topic - I've had a knife pulled on me while at a school camp.

Player1x3 said:
Dr.Grass said:
1. 80GB IPOD

2. Uber Laptop

3. Wii + 4wiimotes/nunchucks/wm+ + Galaxy/NSMB/Metroid/Kart/Smash...12 games + 2 classic controllers

4. Broke into my car

5. Someone broke into my house while I was sleeping (almost killed him)

6. Mountain Bike

7. 3 x cellphones

... I live in South Africa.

LMAO !!! Shiit son, maybe its time to move someplace else?

Problem is that I live in one of the most awesome cities in the world... I'd never leave - its a small price to pay.

Around the Network
Rath said:
Dr.Grass said:
spurgeonryan said:
Dr.Grass said:

Huh!? Are you serious with that first comment? I was implying that crime is a problem here... I love my country.

No I am sure you love your country. Just a small joke. Smalllllllll joke. sorry if it offended you or anything.

haha, actually my bike wasn't too expensive R2000 ~ $200 or so. I do know someone who has a bike worth over $6000 - the crazy idiot.

We have a lot of South African immigrants here in NZ. Mostly getting away from the crime in SA. It's kind of sad how bad it is over there.

Right after apartheid many people emigrated there. There were concerns about the safety in our country - mostly justified I guess. I know at least 5 families that packed up everything and went to NZ. Lowest crime rate in the world isn't it?

It is a terrible situation tbh. Luckily I don't live in Johannesburg - that place... Let me tell you what happens there...

You wake up in the morning, IN your bed... And EVERYTHING in the house is taken - even the bedside tables. They burn something (apparantly DVD's !? ) that prevent you from waking up and then even your bedside table is taken. I actually know a family that went through this - despicable.

Worst is that the poor are getting poorer - only a very, very small fraction of 'previously disadvantaged' persons are actually better off now. Classic case of people forgetting where they came from as soon as they reach the top.

Dr.Grass said:
Rath said:
Dr.Grass said:
spurgeonryan said:
Dr.Grass said:

Right after apartheid many people emigrated there. There were concerns about the safety in our country - mostly justified I guess. I know at least 5 families that packed up everything and went to NZ. Lowest crime rate in the world isn't it?

It is a terrible situation tbh. Luckily I don't live in Johannesburg - that place... Let me tell you what happens there...

You wake up in the morning, IN your bed... And EVERYTHING in the house is taken - even the bedside tables. They burn something (apparantly DVD's !? ) that prevent you from waking up and then even your bedside table is taken. I actually know a family that went through this - despicable.

Worst is that the poor are getting poorer - only a very, very small fraction of 'previously disadvantaged' persons are actually better off now. Classic case of people forgetting where they came from as soon as they reach the top.

How do white ppl in SA keep their security? Is it common to live in gated communities?

I've had my car stolen twice. Two of my bikes were stolen. I got scammed by a magazine salesman. And someone tried to set our house on fire. Had nightmares about that for a while.

I now have issues trusting others.

A "friend" took my whole Xbox library and someone stole my football scarf in first grade.

Slimebeast said:
Dr.Grass said:
Rath said:
Dr.Grass said:
spurgeonryan said:
Dr.Grass said:

How do white ppl in SA keep their security? Is it common to live in gated communities?

There are these gated housing developments. A lot of electric fencing, spikes, security systems and armed-responce services too.

Crime is definitely an issue here, but its one I accept happily.