By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ever been the victim of a crime?

A few months ago I went to a party downtown with my girlfriend. I parked my car on the street and left it there for most of the night, left the party and drove home and there was this weird noise like something fell of the windshield, we couldn't figure out what it was.

The next day we go to look at the car and the corner of the windshield is smashed, the door had multiple large dings in it, the metal frame around the windshield was bent, and the passenger side window no longer goes down. The thing that fell off while we were driving turned out to be a plastic molding that went over the windshield.

We didn't notice any of the damage at night because of the dark. It wasn't a hit and run though because the side that got fucked up was facing the sidewalk. We figure that maybe someone tried to break in, but can't figure out why they didn't break the glass and instead decided to fuck up the metal frame.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

I got mugged for my DS lite when I was 15, I was very angry.

Dr.Grass said:
Player1x3 said:
Dr.Grass said:
1. 80GB IPOD

2. Uber Laptop

3. Wii + 4wiimotes/nunchucks/wm+ + Galaxy/NSMB/Metroid/Kart/Smash...12 games + 2 classic controllers

4. Broke into my car

5. Someone broke into my house while I was sleeping (almost killed him)

6. Mountain Bike

7. 3 x cellphones

... I live in South Africa.

LMAO !!! Shiit son, maybe its time to move someplace else?

Problem is that I live in one of the most awesome cities in the world... I'd never leave - its a small price to pay.

80GB Iphone, top tech laptop, broken car and house, a friggin' mountain bike and 3 cell phones are small price? Sweet jesus, what kind of job do you have?

Player1x3 said:
My whole class got robbed during one of our PE lessons. Someone sneaked in the changing room and robbed all of us. I lost my sport bag and a brand new T Shirt. I got off pretty good tho, some guy lost his jeans, sweater, jacket and a cell phone. He had to go home in his shorts, and it was raining outside. The bastards even took his keys! It was humiliating as hell

This actually reminded me that during PE someone did sneak into the locker rooms and stole some money out of my pants in my locker. Should have kept it in my socks...

lordmandeep said:

A pedestrian (who was black) crossed the street went up to my window and tried opening the door!!

Real cute. My Agenda Alert didn't go off at all.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

My house has been robbed a couple times and I was sexually harassed a couple times as well.

Around the Network

I guess nothing too bad but I have been the subject of some crime. Besides the things that have happened to the family like someone coming into the house and stealing our tv and my parents life savings (they were old school and hated banks so would keep money under the mattress, thousands of dollars) I have had the following that I still remember:
In high school, I was walking home from wiring my brother who was in iraq or south korea at the time ( I forget which one he was based that year) when two guys called out to me as I walked home. I looked back but not recognizing them I continued walking. I then heard running footsteps and when I glanced over they were upon me. One flanked over in front of me while the other stood behind. This occurred on the busiest street in the city in front of a Carl's Jr and 7-11 in broad daylight. So the one guy in front starts yelling at me for not stopping and then sticks his hand in my pocket to take my wallet, I grab his hand and stop him when the one behind pops me in the back of the head momentarily stunning me. They both proceed to pound on me. Somehow I stay up and manage to break away and run across the street and into a barber shop, where a older patron eventually took me home. I escaped with a large bump on my forehead and many bumps in the back and an ER visit with slight concussion.

A couple years ago I had finally gotten my first brand new car a 2007 Nissan Versa (my first car being a used 1990 Toyota Corolla) but even before I was able to put the license plates on it, it was totaled in a hit and run accident. I was coming home from a friend's birthday party when a large pickup truck (think Ford F150) cut me off from the left on the freeway going over 80mph and sent me into a tailspin. I spun about 3 complete 360s and ended up hitting the center divider facing oncoming traffic. I was able to pull it over to the side of the freeway but the other car was no longer in sight. The final damage was a broken driver window, two tires blown to the rim, rim damage, scrapes all around the car, huge impact starting at driverside mirror, with the mirror being taken out. Luckily the only damage to myself was cuts from the glass shattering and getting stuck in my head.

Luck would have it that I would eventually get another new car a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer, but unfortunately that would also eventually get totaled, this one happening in August of this year. I was stopped at an intersection when a SUV came barreling into me and shattered my rear window and pushed in the trunk and knocked the frame off all around. So apparently I have not had much luck with my new cars so I haven't replaced it yet in the three months since, relying on my wife's old car for now, which has been broken into it in the past year for the stereo and is a accident victim itself, having been salvaged from an accident by its previous owner.

Other than that I can't really think of anything other than the time I loaned a family "friend" about $700 and when it came time to pay me he tried to borrow more money with the promise to pay me off a week later, I declined and said he had to pay me immediately and he said by the next week but I never heard or have seen of him since. I was victim of small fraud online before too but my credit card always refunded me my money. That guy that beat me up in high school also approached me two other times in the course of my high school years but never got around to doing anything because someone would come by and talk to me by chance and he would go away.

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

Someone stole my Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit years ago.

My first and only The Offspring music CD got stolen at a party.

Sad how weak humans are when in front of temptation. Very sad.

Player1x3 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Player1x3 said:
Dr.Grass said:
1. 80GB IPOD

2. Uber Laptop

3. Wii + 4wiimotes/nunchucks/wm+ + Galaxy/NSMB/Metroid/Kart/Smash...12 games + 2 classic controllers

4. Broke into my car

6. Mountain Bike

7. 3 x cellphones

Problem is that I live in one of the most awesome cities in the world... I'd never leave - its a small price to pay.

80GB Iphone, top tech laptop, broken car and house, a friggin' mountain bike and 3 cell phones are small price? Sweet jesus, what kind of job do you have?

Well, you missed the one that hit the hardest; I had an uber-Wii bundle

My situation is pretty good tbh, but more than that - I just love where I live. Seriously a small price to pay to have so much diversity, culture, awesome beaches, nature and mountains etc.

If it was more 1st world it would've been hela expensive to live here.

Dr.Grass said:
Player1x3 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Player1x3 said:
Dr.Grass said:
1. 80GB IPOD

2. Uber Laptop

4. Broke into my car

6. Mountain Bike

7. 3 x cellphones

Well, you missed the one that hit the hardest; I had an uber-Wii bundle

My situation is pretty good tbh, but more than that - I just love where I live. Seriously a small price to pay to have so much diversity, culture, awesome beaches, nature and mountains etc.

If it was more 1st world it would've been hela expensive to live here.

If Earth is a 3rd planet in our solar system, aren't ALL countries 3rd world countries? O_o

"My situation is pretty good tbh, but more than that - I just love where I live. Seriously a small price to pay to have so much diversity, culture, awesome beaches, nature and mountains etc."

Interesting, I had a friend who lived in South Africa and I asked him if he was a victim of crime.

He said no, because most Africaners and Brits live in Gated communities.