By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Multiplayer In The Last of Us. . . But Who Cares! b/c Its Naughty Dog’s First M-Rated Title

No multiplayer? Yay.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Mr Khan said:
An M rated game. Now Naughty Dog can enter the pantheon of "real" developers

Reported for trolling.

:/ It's parody of the fixation on ratings as determining anything relevant about a game

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Why do people still think this is Naughty Dogs first M rated game? Way of the Warrior says hello. It might not be a "M" rating but it is 17+

Mr Khan said:
Jay520 said:
Mr Khan said:
An M rated game. Now Naughty Dog can enter the pantheon of "real" developers

Reported for trolling.

:/ It's parody of the fixation on ratings as determining anything relevant about a game

yeah, yeah Xbox fanboy! Lying just makes it worse.

Rainbird said:
Spedfrom said:
Rainbird said:
Spedfrom said:
Rainbird said:
I think this could be both a good sign or a bad sign.

The good way is that it could make for an excellent singleplayer campaign.
The bad way is that, if they do a singleplayer campaign in the vein of Uncharted (extremely linear), the game might end up being uninteresting after a playthrough.

So here's hoping the game will be something more open, full of environments that beg to be explored!

But, either way, I'm not getting excited before we see some gameplay.

I've replayed Uncharted 1 and 2 at least 3 times each. If I recall correctly U1 was played by me 5 times in total and U2 3 or 4, I can't remember for sure. And I've seen a great number of people report the same thing, that the games are very replayable and people actually do replay them a lot for the story and for the gameplay.

I've yet to play U3 for some very specific but unrelated reasons.

I've replayed them U1 and U2 a few times as well, though only for trophies, and from a value point of view, I wasn't terribly impressed. It's the same reason why I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. I know I'm just going to play the SP once or twice, and at full retail price, that's just not worth my time.

Give me games like the new Batman games, where I can roam a world full of things worth exploring for. Or games like Heavy Rain and Mass Effect, where I can twist the story and feel like I'm making my own decisions.

That's what I want!

A multiplayer gamer would tell you that those games don't impress him and he just wants to shoot dudes in the face and if a game has no multiplayer, open world or not, he doesn't care. That's what he wants!

Which brings me to my point: there are audiences for all types of games and I'm glad Naughty Dog is making this type of game because I'm its type of audience.

I'm aware that there's an audience who loves the Uncharted-model. I'm also aware that there's an audience who wants something else.

My original post is simply me expressing my point of view over what this news might mean for the game, relative to what I hope it becomes. If your hopes are different than mine, then that's fine, I'm not trying to make you feel the same way I do. 

My point is simply this: If it's going for the same level of value as an Uncharted-game without multiplayer, then I will be disappointed.

Ok, I see what you mean and I can accept that. I'll be on the other side of the fence though. ;)

Around the Network

i will be looking out for this, last of us and twisted metal confirmed for 2012. wonder what other exclusive titles will release on ps3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Spedfrom said:

Ok, I see what you mean and I can accept that. I'll be on the other side of the fence though. ;)

Glad to hear it.

Skeeuk said:

i will be looking out for this, last of us and twisted metal confirmed for 2012. wonder what other exclusive titles will release on ps3

STARHAWK!!!!! which is AWESOME btw ..oh and Yakuza of the End! and possibly nin no kuni and TLG

OT: I really don't care about ratings :S they do nothing for me...I enjoy stabbing suckas in the eye in KZ3 just as much getting a kick off on UC3. it means aboslutely nothing. However a survival horror type game without M would have been a bit weird. 

i wish this game had co op tho..would have been sweeeet

I usually don't play games like this but damn :S can't ,miss out on a ND game

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Skeeuk said:

STARHAWK!!!!! which is AWESOME btw ..oh and Yakuza of the End! and possibly nin no kuni and TLG

OT: I really don't care about ratings :S they do nothing for me...I enjoy stabbing suckas in the eye in KZ3 just as much getting a kick off on UC3. it means aboslutely nothing. However a survival horror type game without M would have been a bit weird. 

i forgot about starhawk, yakuza is a deffo buy for me also theres always much games to choose from on ps3 rather than have 2 or 3 exclusives to choose from

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Skeeuk said:

i forgot about starhawk, yakuza is a deffo buy for me also theres always much games to choose from on ps3 rather than have 2 or 3 exclusives to choose from

yep exactly...and I forgot Journey and Sly also...and I'm sure I'm forgetting more and chances are they will announce at least one more game :S

oh and maybe Dust will release next year too :S 

find it funny at times when ppl say that the competitions approach of fewer games is a good thing..as a consumer wtf would we care about what's good for them? having more games is a definitely a great thing for me...i mean even with TLOU everyone were saying ND will hopefully do a new ip next and BAM .here ya go folks..new Ip...new genre to us...your welcome. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!