By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Multiplayer In The Last of Us. . . But Who Cares! b/c Its Naughty Dog’s First M-Rated Title

sales2099 said:
Christhor said:
Alright, so I did not read anything other than the title, but- Why the fuck does it matter that it's their first M-rated title? How does it being M-rated co-relate to the quality of the game in ANY WAY?

Well honestly when a grenade detonates and the body simply falls down with no real blood and dismemberment, its like the games been dumbed down so 13 year olds can buy the game. 

Grown adults over the age of 21 want more gritty combat. Has nothing to do with quality but for the content to simply match what the adult gamer wants. Im 24 personally and I love the combat in Gears 3, very satisfying. For Uncharted 3.....I'd feel like im playing this game alongside little kids cause of that T rating. 

Im sure I am not alone here. 

No, you're not alione!

To me, the "M' ratings means that can more succesfully convey the world which has been affected by a plague, in which obviously people have died, and are still dying. It doesn't mean they have to pull a Gears of War, and have everything chainsawable, but I truly believe it will allow for a more realistic experience.

As for the no-online:

I was hoping for online co-op, so that's to bad, all other kinds of multiplayer didn't seem interesting for this game anyway, so I can live with it.

Around the Network

Excelent news, no multiplayer means the devs didnt get sidetracked and only focused on delivering an awesome singleplayers experience. Singleplayer games dont need anithing multiplayer, Skyrim got GOTY and it has no multiplayer, Zelda and Batman were GOTY nominees and have no multiplayer, in other words just deliver an awesome singleplayer and all is fine.

oh no... so fast broke my online co-op hopes for this game... 8(

CGI-Quality said:
Ajescent said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ajescent said:
My interest in this game just increased!

You and I alike (although I admit, the game has a Heavy Rain amount of hype in my world). Seriously! I haven't been this excited for a game since '08. Seems like a particularly enticing blend of survival, horror (since they can exist alone), visual splenda, and Naughty Dog's known expertise with storytelling and cinematography!

I jhave a feeling it will leap to No.1 for me!

I need to see more before I move this one up my hype list but so far, I'm very interested. I trust Naughty Dog to deliver and the fact it's SP only means they will focus ALL of their attention on that meaning it will be a grade A affair, there's a lot to be hyped for by the looks of things, just need a release window now.

Each time I've had a gut feeling like this, the game turned released to pure gold! I'm not claiming to be some gaming prophet , but I believe my intuition will be spot on here! As you say, since it's Naughty Dog and they'll be focusing all of their attention to a single-player only outing, unless they f* up royally (high unlikely-near impossible), I think it will shoot past HR for me! Hell, Uncharted 3 shot straight up to one of my Top 10 games of all time and that almost never happens! Since this involves horror (my favorite genre in games/movies/books/anything), Naughty Dog (known for nothing but greatness), and a story driven narrative (my favorite types of games/gameplay), I just have that feeling it's going to do it!

Since I'll be tracking in much of the same fashion as HR, I'll always have tidbits for anyone who's interested!

Let's not get carried away here. Your gut was only right on one occasion. (Heavy Rain)

sales2099 said:
Seriou question: Does anybody care/realize that this means you won't see another Uncharted game for a while due to resources being shifted here? I mean your looking at at least 4 years until you see Uncharted 4.

Naughty Dog develop two games at a time. So I wouldn't be surprised if we see Uncharted 4 on or near PS4s launch. (That's in 2 years max)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Each time I've had a gut feeling like this, the game turned released to pure gold! I'm not claiming to be some gaming prophet , but I believe my intuition will be spot on here! As you say, since it's Naughty Dog and they'll be focusing all of their attention to a single-player only outing, unless they f* up royally (high unlikely-near impossible), I think it will shoot past HR for me! Hell, Uncharted 3 shot straight up to one of my Top 10 games of all time and that almost never happens! Since this involves horror (my favorite genre in games/movies/books/anything), Naughty Dog (known for nothing but greatness), and a story driven narrative (my favorite types of games/gameplay), I just have that feeling it's going to do it!

Since I'll be tracking in much of the same fashion as HR, I'll always have tidbits for anyone who's interested!

Let's not get carried away here. Your gut was only right on one occasion. (Heavy Rain)

Considering I've only ever hyped HR on this site like that, I'm not following. Besides, how could I get "carried away" with a personal opinion and feeling not expected from anyone else?

He's saying that the "Each time I've had a gut feeling like this, the game turned released to pure gold!" is not as meaningful when you recall that it's a pattern of one as far as we've seen.  

CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ajescent said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ajescent said:
My interest in this game just increased!

You and I alike (although I admit, the game has a Heavy Rain amount of hype in my world). Seriously! I haven't been this excited for a game since '08. Seems like a particularly enticing blend of survival, horror (since they can exist alone), visual splenda, and Naughty Dog's known expertise with storytelling and cinematography!

I jhave a feeling it will leap to No.1 for me!

I need to see more before I move this one up my hype list but so far, I'm very interested. I trust Naughty Dog to deliver and the fact it's SP only means they will focus ALL of their attention on that meaning it will be a grade A affair, there's a lot to be hyped for by the looks of things, just need a release window now.

Considering I've only ever hyped HR on this site like that, I'm not following. Besides, how could I get "carried away" with a personal opinion and feeling not expected from anyone else?

Just teasing your statement about "pure gold." Your post gave the impression that you were claiming that you were good at predicting games that would be liked by you and the general community (like Heavy Rain). I knew you weren't, though. I was just messing with you.

I guess I should have worded myself differently to show a more apparent humorous approach. (not a fan of smilies)

I think this could be both a good sign or a bad sign.

The good way is that it could make for an excellent singleplayer campaign.
The bad way is that, if they do a singleplayer campaign in the vein of Uncharted (extremely linear), the game might end up being uninteresting after a playthrough.

So here's hoping the game will be something more open, full of environments that beg to be explored!

But, either way, I'm not getting excited before we see some gameplay.

CGI-Quality said:
Torillian said:
CGI-Quality said:

He's saying that the "Each time I've had a gut feeling like this, the game turned released to pure gold!" is not as meaningful when you recall that it's a pattern of one as far as we've seen.  

When I said pure gold, I meant for me, personally. Meaning, in my lifetime and amongst my experience, it's happened a few good times. I thought I was clear when using terms like "in my world" and "for me", but I guess not.

It's a true statement from his point of view, how meaningful it is is a question obviously.  But since he just meant it to poke fun there's probably no point in overthinking it.

Rainbird said:
I think this could be both a good sign or a bad sign.

The good way is that it could make for an excellent singleplayer campaign.
The bad way is that, if they do a singleplayer campaign in the vein of Uncharted (extremely linear), the game might end up being uninteresting after a playthrough.

So here's hoping the game will be something more open, full of environments that beg to be explored!

But, either way, I'm not getting excited before we see some gameplay.

I've replayed Uncharted 1 and 2 at least 3 times each. If I recall correctly U1 was played by me 5 times in total and U2 3 or 4, I can't remember for sure. And I've seen a great number of people report the same thing, that the games are very replayable and people actually do replay them a lot for the story and for the gameplay.

I've yet to play U3 for some very specific but unrelated reasons.