By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Exclusives - First Party

Seriously, is anyone else baffled by the amount of shit Sony is putting out the past.. Oh I don't know, four years?

Hell I thought we had seen the end of new games but boy was I wrong. Take a look at the list below (with grain of salt plox and yes I realize a lot of these are speculations but the vast majority actually has a fair share of rumors and common sense behind it):

Announced =
The Last Of Us (ND's 2nd Team)
The Last Guardian (Team Ico)
Twisted Metal (Eat Sleep n Play)
Starhawk (Lightbox & Santa Monica)

Are being worked on =
Santa Monicas New IP
Guerrilla Games New IP
Quantic Dreams New IP
Sony Smash Bro's by Superbot
Media Molecules New IP

(Are being worked on for possibly PS4) =
UC4
GoW4
KZ4
GT6
LBP3?

I just want to say, I am baffled by Naughty Dog in particular. They gave me the greatest game I have ever experienced, and now they have another team working on a whole new IP? God lord, thank you Sony. THANK YOU for hearing us fans and recognizing Naughty Dog for their talent. They truly deserve every praise they get!

CheatCC recently gave GOTY to UC3 incase you missed it along with bunch of other awards, Spike gave Best PS3 Game to UC3 along with Best Graphics to UC3. I have a feeling GameTrailers will hand GOTY to Uncharted 3, but we'll see on that!

Check out the amazing trailer of The Last Of Us, coming exclusivily for the PS3.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2011-the-last-of/724687

----------------------------------------------

And here's some candy for you all:

A list for some of the most known exclusives of the PS3s (includes upcoming games).

My definition of exclusive:
A game that cannot be experienced anywhere else but on the platform. It is what makes this console unique. This means that games that are on the PC/PS3 eg. DC Universe is not counted.

Take the collections with a grain of salt as these are the only ways to re-experience PS2 titles thus making them not exclusive in that regard, but simply updated as a retrospective.

PSN & Move titles are not included.

PS3(38):

Uncharted 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
The Last Of Us
The Last Guardian
Twisted Metal
Killzone 3
Killzone 2
LBP2
LBP1
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 5: Prolouge
InFAMOUS 2
InFAMOUS 1
Starhawk
Warhawk
Uncharted 1
Demons Souls
Heavy Rain
Heavenly Sword
Resistance 1
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Motorstorm 3
Motorstorm 2
Motorstorm 1
M.A.G - Massive Action Game
SOCOM 4
SOCOM:Confrontation
Valkyria Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles II
White Knight Chronicles I
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 3
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction
Ratchet and Clank: A crack in time
Modnation Racers

+Collections if you missed them (4):
God of War Collection (2 Games)
God of War Origins (2 Games)
SOTC & ICO Collection (2 Games)
Jak & Daxter Collection ( 3 Games)

----------------------------------------------

Around the Network

baffled...not really, but damn glad I got a PS3 :)

I'm not baffled by it. Sony's first party is terrific (right there with Nintendo imo), even if they work under the radar. I'm pretty sure I made the right choice on console lol :)

I can't wait for E3 to see what some of these devs are doing.

talking about Naughty Dog, second team i have the feeling they were the one responsible for UC2. and the team who made UC3 was the one making UC1.

*just assuming

Around the Network
RareglovE said:
talking about Naughty Dog, second team i have the feeling they were the one responsible for UC2. and the team who made UC3 was the one making UC1.

*just assuming

I think the same core team has done all Uncharted's...as in the most important roles. There probably would have also been quite a bit of overlapping between the two teams.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Aldro said:

Seriously, is anyone else baffled by the amount of shit Sony is putting out the past.. 

DOEZ THAT MEAN UNCHART-

Just kidding! just kidding!

Ontopic

they actually made more than that, ALOT more,  i have every single first party game released , when i get a console i buy all it's exclusives

The best part about it is the new IPs.

E3 and Gamescom 2012 should be fun.

There's also Sly 4. I'm hoping it will be on par with the previous games.

My most anticipated PS3 exclusive is not from Sony though (Ni no Kuni). That is if Versus isn't coming next year (which looks like it).

You do realize that Sony announces games in development long before release? GT5 was announced over 4 years before release and Killzone 2 was over 3 year. Heck a lot of the games you named are just studios with a project, but no details. The Last Guardian was suppose to be a 2009 title, but got delayed twice (it was even suppose to be an August 2011 title, but got delayed in June).

That said, there are a lot of great games. With Naughty Dog now working on "The Last of Us" PS3 now has a great game for 2011 (I think Last Guardian will be delayed again, or transfered to PS4), and PS3 will get a great game to go out with.

Hope PS4 comes out soon, holding out on replacing my PS3 because I know it's comming.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results