By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Exclusives - First Party

pezus said:
Where is that damn Santa Monica game?

Devs were probably so busy bathing in their own excellence, they forgot to do work for a year

Nah, hopefully their busy making a fresh new IP, which usually takes a bit longer than sequels

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

LOL, I'm tired.

I feel exactly the same way, and if I guessed it Starhawk or Last Guardian would be the 2013 title.

but I still expect to be chastized by osama and likely others because I'm just wrong about anything PS3. I don't know anything about video games despite owning nearly 500 now.

You said you don't want to derail the thread and here you are derailing the thread. >_>

Frankly Osama didn't derail the  thread it was you. The OP didn't even mention about a release date. He is talking about Sony releasing a lot of great games especially their first party ND.

FYI After 2008 Sony is not announcing game far too early. The 5 games you mention with an exception of GOW 3 was announced far too early. 

GOW 3 was announced at E3 2008 and was release in march 2010. That's roughly 1 year and 9 mos.

LBP 2 was announced at May 2010 and was released by January 2011. That's 8 mos.

Killzone 3 was announced at may 2010 also was released at February 2011. That's 9 mos.

MotorStorm: Apocalypse was announced at 2010 E3 june. and was released at Mar 2011. that's 9 mos. ( Not too sure about this one, someone correct me if I am wrong)

As for ND track record IDK about Uncharted 1 all of their games was announced at VGA

Uncharted 2 was revealed at VGA 2008 and was released by October. That's 10 mos.

Uncharted 3 was revealed at VGA 2010 and was released by Nov. That's 11 mos.

If that is in an indication. 

Last of us will be release next year by fall. 

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/10/sony-confirms-post-fungal-apocalypse-title-the-last-of-us-due-i/ 

Yes you are right Sony announcing games far too early but that was on PS3 early life and that was long time ago. I suggest you stop living on the past and move forward because honestly I found your very misinformed or rather spreading misinformed info.

Agree with post above me. HOWEVER I do think TLOU will actually release 2013 as its a new IP and I can fully respect ND pulling a Epic on Gears 3 by polishing it even further. Not to mention 2012 is insane already. My fanboy meter after this year.. I need a break! XD

Michael-5 said:

You do realize that Sony announces games in development long before release? GT5 was announced over 4 years before release and Killzone 2 was over 3 year. Heck a lot of the games you named are just studios with a project, but no details. The Last Guardian was suppose to be a 2009 title, but got delayed twice (it was even suppose to be an August 2011 title, but got delayed in June).

That said, there are a lot of great games. With Naughty Dog now working on "The Last of Us" PS3 now has a great game for 2011 (I think Last Guardian will be delayed again, or transfered to PS4), and PS3 will get a great game to go out with.

Hope PS4 comes out soon, holding out on replacing my PS3 because I know it's comming.

They've only just announced a brand new game from one of their biggest devs, and Microsoft aren't going to rush them because they still have Halo 4 to release.

Sorry, it's going to be a while I think, Autumn 2013 would be my guess. You're going to have to replace it if you want to play Tales of Graces F anyway.

pezus said:

They're supposedly helping Lightbox with Starhawk, so we won't see anything from them for now. 

Around the Network

Heres my prediction on when these games will release:

Starhawk: Early 2012, the game has been in development for a relatively long time now (since 1-2 years after Warhawk released), and it's pretty far in the development period. They're already in the Beta period and some devs have been mentiong February as a potential release month, though I doubt it will release around Twisted Metal which goes after a very similar audience. I think early 2012 is a safe prediction.

Twisted Metal: Early 2012, again, this has been in development for a while (since 2008, I believe). They're currently in the testing phases I believe. It was originally intended for this holiday, but was pushed to February for "tweaking". I think it will release in February. But to be safe, I will say Early 2012.

The Last of Us: Late 2012, this was confirmed for 2012 so, yeah.

Santa Monica Game: Late 2012, They have been hiding since GoW3 in Mar 2013. They've helped with Starhawk, but that hasn't been their main project. I remember back when GoW3 released, they said they were working on two projects. Starhawk may be one of those projects, if they believe giving assistance means 'working on' a project. Whatever they're doing, late 2012 should give them over enough time to get it done. GoW4 rumors have been flying around, so that's my bet.

The Last Guardian: Who knows, seriously, who knows?

Other games like GG, MM, & SP new IP will likely be 2013 or later.

IamAwsome said:
pezus said:

They're supposedly helping Lightbox with Starhawk, so we won't see anything from them for now. 

Yeah, but that's not their main project. They did the same with Warhawk without hampering GoW2 development. They're just incredibly efficient.

Jay520 said:

Yeah, but that's not their main project. They did the same with Warhawk without hampering GoW2 development. They're just incredibly efficient.

But but they cut out GoW2's ending.

Don't forget Journey (thatgamecompany & Sony Santa Monica). I wish Sony would stop using SSM as an assist studio and just let them focus on their own games. :( For the PSP they assisted with God of War: Ghost of Sparta, on the PS3 they've assisted with Warhawk, Blast Factor, Fat Princess, Flow, Flower and are currently assisting with Starhawk and Journey. They've only made one game for the PS3, God of War III and are supposedly working on God of War IV and a new IP (Datura?). They've got to be the hardest working game development studio ever?! 

Journey looks awsm. Digging your sig JustThatGamer!