By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Exclusives - First Party

Michael-5 said:
Tridrakious said:
Michael-5 said:

Dunno who Andrew House is.

The Last of Us is more of a PS2 era title? Since when were zombie games popular on PS2? I think it's more of an American genre, so it will sell well, and boost PS3 sales where it's needed.

Playstation is an awesome platform, but I've always been a Nintendo nut. However I always had a PS as a secondary console (PS3 broke early that's all).

Anyway great chat.

PS2 era in the fact that Sony is aggressively talking about the game. It appears they are going to promote this game heavily which something that even GT5 didn't get. Go to any video game focused website (that is a multiplatform or Sony focused) and see if you can go through their front page of their news section and not see something about The Last of Us at least twice.

I don't know if youcan blame Sny for The Last of Us being popular. Uncharted is a well received franchise, probably the best this gen with Portal, Eler Scrolls, Mass Effect and Halo, and The Last of Us is not only just a game by the same studio, but it looks to attack a more popular genre (zombies are popular nowdays, more then Indianna Jones esk).

I think the game being interesting on it's own, and mysterious, is promoting itself, not Sony.

Ever since the debut trailer, Naughty Dog's presidents have been doing interview after interview about the game now. Plus web sites have been dissecting every single second of the trailer. Even the trailers before the unveil were getting broken apart for any hints. People scanning through Sony games for hints (stumbling on the newspaper in Uncharted 3). Naughty Dog has gone on record that they are putting video games on notice. That The Last of Us isn't just a game, but it's the newest medium. Replacing video games with Cinematic-Interactive-Consumer-Controlled-Experiences.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Aldro said:
To clarify what my intention with this topic was is =

I am so happy over Sony's first party ever since 2008 until now and I can't believe they are giving us this much to look forward to aswell.

Thank you Aldro, what took you so long to explain it?

I thought it was kinda obvious xD..

Well, It's still isn't obvious to you know who. XD

Without commenting on any other of Michael's comments, I have to say the whole 'if it doesn't release in the USA it's like it hasn't released' is one of the silliest (to put it nicely) arguments I've heard in a long time.

If it's been released somewhere it's been released. So what if it's not out in some part of the world? By that logic Catherine hasn't been released yet because I have no access to it in Europe, so it's been a long time between the announcement and the release. We should wait until the game is out in Zambia before we can safely calculate the time before the announcement and the release date.

OP: Right now I'm playing Uncharted 3 and Infamous 2, and I can't wait for The Last of Us and The Last Guardian. Sony have definitely improved a lot in the first party departmen these last few years.

And I'm really, really glad ND have two teams now. Awesome news.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Now that Sorcery finally has a release window. I would say that belongs in the discussion of Sony's first party IP's as well. A quality Move title is hard to come by and this one is the one everybody has been excited for from the first announcement at E3 2010.

Tridrakious said:
Now that Sorcery finally has a release window. I would say that belongs in the discussion of Sony's first party IP's as well. A quality Move title is hard to come by and this one is the one everybody has been excited for from the first announcement at E3 2010.

Who is making that game?

Around the Network
Aldro said:
Tridrakious said:

Who is making that game?

Developer is SCE/The Workshop.