By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 Exclusives - First Party

jester2358 said:
I think sony is turning most of its bigger studios into 2 team studios and attempting to debut new ips from established developers on the ps3(with its large install base ) instead of on ps4 like they did this gen therefore making their potential sequels on ps4 much more successful(the god of war 3 effect).
probable examples
-naughty dog making last of us and uncharted 4 for ps4
-santa monica making new ip and GOW game for ps4
-GG making new ip and KZ4 for ps4
-sucker punch making new ip and infamous 3 for ps4.

I haven't seen you around here for months. Where have you been?

Nice to see everyone back on topic, also.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

Tridrakious said:
Sony has a strong line-up next year. They have focused on Vita this year, because that is launching. Sony will make more PS3 announcements in the coming months for games hitting later in the year.

Really? I think the oposite. When Nintendo announced the 3DS, support for the Wii virtually stopped and some games were even transfered to the Wii U (Pikmin 3). I would think Sony would do something similar, but less extreme.

Really. Sony Santa Monica will announce their new games around GDC 2012. Which I would believe to be God of War IV.

Sony Japan Studios will confirm The Last Guardian will hit in 2012, maybe around October 2012.

We'll hear what Naughty Dog's First Team is doing. Uncharted: Among Karts?

Sucker Punch will announce a new game for PS3.

Polyphone Digital will make an announcement for a VITA/PS3 cross platform game, but that will likely be a 2013 title.

Those are just my thoughts on what could happen in 2012.

Vita can help extend the life of the PS3 by the means of cross platform play.

Michael-5 said:

But no. White Knight Chronciles wasn't released in Americas in 2008. It was announced in 2007, and released in 2010.

I thought so you will going to reply with this.  All Japanese game you mention were already release in Japan first. Why aren't you counting that because it hasn't release on a specific region? Again the whole proccess of lacalization is playing here. We can't just expect a game to pop up just like that. A game needs to find a publisher. A perfect example of it was WKC 2. SCEA is not the publisher. Demon Soul is also one example. You see the whole process of localization isn't simpe as you think. There's a lot of factors needs to be consider.

FYI I need to correct you with something. WKC was announced in year 2006. Luckily for you. I always bring up facts unlike somebody I know.

If I lived in Japan and had to wait a year extra for a western game, that would count too.

See above.

The 4 games I mentioned (Heavy Rain, GT5, Killzone 2, and The Last Guardian), were released 3.5-5 years after announcement. Except for The Last Guardian, you brought them back up, not me. I still provided a handful of games with development times of 2 years plus, and I limited that to 2008+. Regardless add The Last Guardian, White Knight Chronciles, and a sizable amount of games with a 1.5-2 year life span, plus the handful of games you mentioned (LBP2, and Killzone 3) and I would still think the average announce to release rate is somewhere between 1.5 and 2 years.

I brought up the last guardian? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4335996, This is the page where you said it- http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=137671.

You brought a lot of  2 years timeframe? Like what the Japanese games but it was released on Japan and hits it's release schedule. All the Japanes games you mention needs to undergo a process of locallization. See my explanation above.

I do agree, Sony is better now then it was before, a lot better, but you can't just forget about Last Guardian and well all of Sony's Japanese games. The take longer to release and localize, and generally their bigger games do take over 1.5 years to release after announcing.

Again Last guardian was an excemption. Team ICO is a small team. >_> What are the games the games besides WKC that took longer to localize by Sony? 8 mos.- 1 year or so is always the standard. Why use WKC 1 as a barometer? WKC 1 is only 1 game. If you are going to use FF X-2 that is an excemption because SE wants FF to have a wroldiwde release or close to Japan's release date. 

Can you stop telling me to read the OP? You read the OP. I already said I agree with Sony having a great past, but I don't think the future for the PS3 will be as fruit full. If this topic is derailing from the OP, it's because you keep quoting me and trying to change my opinion on the one aspect of the OP I disagree upon (the future).

I won't stop until you realize the purpose of this thread. Read the OP again. Did he ask us hey what do you think PS3 future will be? You even said it yourself the OP didn't mention anything of sorts. You brought that up by yourself. The purpose of the thread isn't about PS3 lifecycle.

Why do you think all the people that qouted you so far thinks your post is out of place? It's because you missed the whole point of the thread.

Why shouldn't I say 2012 PS3 has a dry line-up? Why does everyone on VGC have to have a super optimistic view of PS3? Why should I tip toe what I want to say around the feeling of others. Stop being senstive, accept others have a different opinion, and grow up. I think most of the unconfirmed projects will be PS4 games AND I think PS3 has a dry 2012 lineup, accept that.

You have every right to be critical about Sony but this is not the thread to talk about it. I am not taking that right from you but you should  know when or where to do that. Again read the OP again. Shinobi already explained it to you. Will you go to Mario celebration thread just to say Mario is crap? Will you go to a GT celebration thread and tell us how many Nissan and old cars in there?

Disagree if you like, but don't force your opinion onto me, and don't whine when I tell you off.

I am not you are. You are even forcing your opinion to the OP by purposely making the PS3 looks dry. You want him to realize that PS3's line-up is dry when he is already hype at the Last of us. Why would you even do that? Why would you need to tell us that a lot of the games can be delayed? Why the need to even tell us that we should move on because PS4 is coming? Where it seems he and us doesn't care about it in this thread. He just got hype that Sony is still pumping up games to the PS3 no matter what the numbers is or if will be delayed. He is even surprised that another potential great games is coming. You see you just have to read the OP again to realize that he doesn't care about the things you have said.

I qouted the important qoutes that you keep missing.

"Seriously, is anyone else baffled by the amount of shit Sony is putting out the past.. Oh I don't know, four years?

Hell I thought we had seen the end of new games but boy was I wrong. Take a look at the list below (with grain of salt plox and yes I realize a lot of these are speculations but the vast majority actually has a fair share of rumors and common sense behind it):"

List blah blah blah

I just want to say, I am baffled by Naughty Dog in particular. They gave me the greatest game I have ever experienced, and now they have another team working on a whole new IP? God lord, thank you Sony. THANK YOU for hearing us fans and recognizing Naughty Dog for their talent. They truly deserve every praise they get!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow....you keep telling me to read the OP, but you just contradicted yourself. So I should make my own thread to talk about the PS3's future with Sony's first party games, but in a thread about past, present, and future PS3 first party games, I shouldn't include it? That literally, makes no sense, stop being senstive.

I am not being sensitive. Actually you are. LOL.

I am not contradicting anything you are. The OP never mentions about 2012 and how the games will be delayed also. You brought that up. You even admitted it. The OP just want a discussion about "PS3 softwares"   not PS3 life cycle or the hardware itself and He is talking about how great these softwares are. He dosen't care if it was delayed and how dry 2012 line-up is but you feel the need to bring that up.

Again See above.

-------------------------------------------------

Anyways it started with this comment which is really unneccessary IMO. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4335996

"You do realize that Sony announces games in development long before release? GT5 was announced over 4 years before release and Killzone 2 was over 3 year. Heck a lot of the games you named are just studios with a project, but no details. The Last Guardian was suppose to be a 2009 title, but got delayed twice (it was even suppose to be an August 2011 title, but got delayed in June)." 

Where in OP mentions anything about that? The bold is the only thing on that paragraph that stayed on topic. Your condescending attitude is not needed here.  

BTW  I agree with your 2nd and 3rd paragraph aswell on the link I provided.

TBH I won't even quote you but the way you responded to Osama is kinda rude and  I felt I need to step in because you are making it sound that it is always happening. I told you are misinformed.  Again you keep holding to that past mind set. 

Does correcting people being sensitive? I am sorry I have habit of correcting people when I know they are incorrect. I proved you that Sony is not announcing their games far too early anymore by showing you a list of games that was announced on ending years of 2008 and beyond. I am just saying the old Sony is not here anymore. It's like people keep mentioning that "PS3 has no games mantra before" and using the early life of the PS3 and not using the present and future. 

You should look at the present because that is what is happening right now. The past is past already. You shouldn't latch onto that.

Ps3 probs wont hit until 2014 so I'm expecting Santa Monica, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, Guerilla and Zipper all to have another Ps3 exclusive in them. Hoping MM, Guerilla and Santa Monica launch new IP's, but then again that might be overkill.

Last I heard Ready at Dawn (PSP GoW games) were working with Sony on a Ps3 exclusive too. Thought they'd be taking GoW4 to free Santa Monica up but i think the rumour specified a third person shooter or something, so perhaps not. Either way it'll show again that Sony tend to get exclusives from random companies from nowhere that we can't predict anyway, like Modnation from United Front, Twisted Metal from Eat Sleep Play, the rumour fighting game from superbot etc.

2012 looks dry at the moment - sort of feels like maybe Vita has sucked away some resources but then again, aside from Zipper and a few UK studio's I'm not sure who actually made any PS3 games who're working on Vita at the moment.

Michael-5 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Michael-5 said:
[...]

Alby_da_Wolf said:
From all the infos gathered in this thread, I'd say IMVHO maybe 2013 lineup will start drying, but 2012 should still be rich enough.

Wish more people just did this. Respectable opinion.

What do you think will happen to franchises like Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone and LittleBigPlanet? Will we see another sequal, or are they planinng on making those franchise PS4 (or killing them off?)

I think they won't release the next chapters of all the franchises you listed either on PS3 or PS4, IMVHO it's more likely that some will end up on PS3 and some on PS4, which ones will depend on how far the respective developments have gone, but also on the respective needs of PS3 for the last part of its life and PS4 for its launch. I don't think Sony will kill any, I guess it just simply regrets not having enough cash to advertise them all properly (but at least Uncharted received a huge marketing effort and budget). KZ and LBP have both unexpressed potential, pushing them more, and in an appropriate way, could give more satisfaction. Also, for the last part of PS3 life, its game library is becoming large enough to allow Sony to release a large budget edition library when PS3 will become its entry level offer (or mid range, if PS2 will be still kept alive after PS4 launches). I was also thinking PS3/PS4 multiplats could be possible.

Obviously they won't all go to PS3 or PS4, but I do think we have seen the last of some franchises on PS3. I think Killzone 4 will either be a launch PS4 game, or a late PS3 game, Uncharted.....could go anywhere. Naughty Dog didn't hold onto Crash or Jak, so it might just make a new IP all togehter for next gen. However Uncharted will still exist, just be developed by someone else. I think if anything we will see Killzone 4 on PS3, but there is a chance there will be one last LBP. As for Resistance, I think it will be killed off. When shooters don't sell, they don't last long.

I also think GT6 will be an early PS4 title. GT3 did so well releasing early on PS3 and then getting bundled, I think GT6 will follow suit. Multiplats are possible too, but I only see LBP being multiplat. This isn't the days of NES/SNES.

Multiconsole games will more likely be multiplat, with Wii U having intermediate graphics between this gen and next, and PS3/360 will likely have strong enough software sales to support this decision.

Looks reasonable, and one of the possible Sony strategies. Actually, IMVHO, due to Sony structure and typical strategies, that must compromise amongst a wide range of different needs, any predicted strategy that isn't either extreme or totally random or devoid of logic, should be considered reasonable, while we can safely rule out wacky extreme predictions like "PS4 will release yesterday" or "PS3 will last another 25 years"   

Obviously a "reasonable" prediction can be wrong, but it's still a different thing from an unreasonable one.

About PS4, we can't exactly predict the titles, but we surely can predict that Sony, again due to its typical strategy, will try to offer a wide and balanced line-up. About GT6, I'd dare to predict that if it will be a PS4 title, it will be preceded by GT6 Prologue.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

No denying Sony have plenty exclusives, but a lot of that list reeks of desperation since most of them dont have an actual release nor been announced as of yet.

CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:
No denying Sony have plenty exclusives, but a lot of that list reeks of desperation since most of them dont have an actual release nor been announced as of yet.

I think you missed the point of the thread entirely.

but he nailed the point that he came in this thread for!

Aldro said:

Seriously, is anyone else baffled by the amount of shit Sony is putting out the past.. Oh I don't know, four years?

Hell I thought we had seen the end of new games but boy was I wrong. Take a look at the list below (with grain of salt plox and yes I realize a lot of these are speculations but the vast majority actually has a fair share of rumors and common sense behind it):

Announced =
The Last Of Us (ND's 2nd Team)
The Last Guardian (Team Ico)
Twisted Metal (Eat Sleep n Play)
Starhawk (Lightbox & Santa Monica)

Are being worked on =
Santa Monicas New IP
Guerrilla Games New IP
Quantic Dreams New IP
Sony Smash Bro's by Superbot
Media Molecules New IP

(Are being worked on for possibly PS4) =
UC4
GoW4
KZ4
GT6
LBP3?

you should add both

MLB 12: The Show

Sly 4

both these games are confirmed 2012 sony titles

osamanobama said:
CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:

I think you missed the point of the thread entirely.

but he nailed the point that he came in this thread for!

You hate too much!

Also Motorstorm RC has a 2012 release, 7 games, but....do any of them have an exact release date confirmed?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

jester2358 said:
I think sony is turning most of its bigger studios into 2 team studios and attempting to debut new ips from established developers on the ps3(with its large install base ) instead of on ps4 like they did this gen therefore making their potential sequels on ps4 much more successful(the god of war 3 effect).
probable examples
-naughty dog making last of us and uncharted 4 for ps4
-santa monica making new ip and GOW game for ps4
-GG making new ip and KZ4 for ps4
-sucker punch making new ip and infamous 3 for ps4.

This....is very possible, and very smart. New IP's on the PS4 have no fanbase, so people will be less interested in getting a PS4.

I agree with you, but I think Naughty Dog might pass the Uncharted franchise to a new developer. They made a new IP for every gen Playstation before this.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results