By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Rising, Diablo III, C&C: Generals 2, Last of Us, Epic's new game and more trailers UP! - MGRising: Revengeance trailer added!

Tagged games:

Khuutra said:
disolitude said:
Good for Mass Effect 3 and Alan Wake for showing actual gameplay. You know...the thing that matters.

Rest are just CGI fodder...lame,

1. If you aren't excited by that Transformers trailer, CGI or not, I don't want to know yew.

2. What part of the Bioshock trailer was CGI?

Sorry, Transformers didn't do anything for me. Actually I couldn't stand the linkin park rip off song playing. Where I come from Transformers has screming 80s guitars playing.

And CGI stands for "cut scene" ...in game, prerendered or CGI, whatever... I want to see gameplay. I can cut Bioshock some slack cause I saw its gameplay before and it looks cool.

Metal Gear Rising though, looks freekin amazing...and the PlatnumGames logo doesnèt hurt either.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Khuutra said:
disolitude said:
Good for Mass Effect 3 and Alan Wake for showing actual gameplay. You know...the thing that matters.

1. If you aren't excited by that Transformers trailer, CGI or not, I don't want to know yew.

Sorry, Transformers didn't do anything for me. Actually I couldn't stand the linkin park rip off song playing. Where I come from Transformers has screming 80s guitars playing.

And CGI stands for "cut scene" ...in game, prerendered or CGI, whatever... I want to see gameplay. I can cut Bioshock some slack cause I saw its gameplay before and it looks cool.

Metal Gear Rising though, looks freekin amazing...and the PlatnumGames logo doesnèt hurt either.

Where you come from there is an implicit acquiescence to mediocrity.

CGI does not stand for cutscene, it stand for computer generated image, in the context of video games (and in an earlier post of yours in this very thread) a cutscene that is not being rendered in-engine because the engine itself could not support it. Not only was that entire trailer in-engine, but half of the displayed scenes were actually gameplay. There wasn't a shred of CGI to be seen in the whole thing.

I am pleased that MGR is embracing its own absurdity, but that trailer did not convince me of the gameplay's chops. I know from War for Cybertron that Fall of will be good enough, and I've seen enough of Infinite to know that it will play great; I have not been blessed with the same confidence for MGR. It's not like Kamiya is heading the project.

ME3 - Looks wicked
Last of Us - Looks promising
Rainbow Six - I know its just CGI but I like the premise....if only I could be the terrorist....sigh
Hitman - Looks awesome
Transformers Trailer - Also looks awesome

For the aforementioned that are ingame/cgi trailers as of right now you have piqued my interest, hope to see gameplay soon since most of these arent coming out until late 2012. Pretty exciting reveals @ this years vga's

Time to go play mass effect 1 and 2 lol

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Khuutra said:
disolitude said:
Khuutra said:
disolitude said:

CGI does not stand for cutscene, it stand for computer generated image, in the context of video games (and in an earlier post of yours in this very thread) a cutscene that is not being rendered in-engine because the engine itself could not support it. Not only was that entire trailer in-engine, but half of the displayed scenes were actually gameplay. There wasn't a shred of CGI to be seen in the whole thing.

I am pleased that MGR is embracing its own absurdity, but that trailer did not convince me of the gameplay's chops. I know from War for Cybertron that Fall of will be good enough, and I've seen enough of Infinite to know that it will play great; I have not been blessed with the same confidence for MGR. It's not like Kamiya is heading the project.

You have nothing better to do than nitpick my words this late? We both know that CGI technically means...I just told you what it meant when I wrote it in my original post.

Rest of your post sounds rediculous...especially when considering this is a videogame forum.

As far as transformers, Ive played both of High Moon developed games and if you are hyped for a CGI trailer for another me too 3rd person shooter game from that dev and universe, maybe you are the one who willingly accepts mediocrity. Have some standards man!

disolitude said:
Khuutra said:

You have nothing better to do than nitpick my words this late? We both know that CGI technically means...I just told you what it meant when I wrote it in my original post.

Rest of your post sounds rediculous...especially when considering this is a videogame forum.

As far as transformers, Ive played both of High Moon developed games and if you are hyped for a CGI trailer for another me too 3rd person shooter game from that dev and universe, maybe you are the one who willingly accepts mediocrity. Have some standards man!

Shit, nothing wrong with that universe. Probably the most interesting to ever come out of the Transformers, when you get down to it: it's a big part of why I enjoy Transformers Prime, though it's not something that will make me read the books. And yes, I will accept most kinds of gameplay because gameplay is only one component of experience, and I've been waiting to play as Grimlock since I was two Christing years old. There's more to experience than a single metric against which to measure things.

There is nothing ridiculous about my reservations concerning MGR. Ooo, we got some really quick cut-aways between Raiden attacking enemies unimpeded! Ooo, no hint of how the combo system works or if it exists! That isn't gameplay, it's about as illustrative as a cutscene is but it isn't as dynamic. The most exciting thing about the MGR trailer is its tone, and what that suggests about the direction of the game, because the gameplay just isn't there as of yet.

And I'm sorry but I listened to the Transformers Movie soundtrack, growing up, more times than you've eaten chicken. That album was great when I was ten, but it failed to do one thing and that was age gracefully. The only track that still stands up properly - it's been a couple of years - is the... I think it was Lion doing a metal cover of the Transformers theme.

Stan Bush's songs involved little if any "screaming metal guitars", since it was almost all synth (like the entire cartoon was nothing but cheesy 80s synth music, though I still love it for nostalgia's sake). The only metal songs I can recall besides the main theme are "Hunger" and "Instruments of Destruction", and both of those songs were awful. Awful.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
thekitchensink said:
Who else saw the Last of Us trailer and immediately thought 'I Am Legend'?

(pssst--that's a good thing )

Yes, exactly what I thought, and I loved 'I Am Legend' so I'm getting more and more excited about the game.

At the risk of sounding like a hipster, it's one of my favourite movies of all time.  I thought the original ending was awful though--I always watch it with the much more thematically appropriate alternate ending when I watch my DVD.

I'd love it if this game was a survival game, with an emphasis on resource management.  Like, you have an open world, and the goal is to keep moving from house to house finding food, weapons, places to sleep, and medicine, with an emphasis on avoiding the enemies rather than fighting them.  Maybe you could fortify a house, and then use the time to set up your defenses, etc.  Pretty much what Will Smith did in the movie.  

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
disolitude said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? 
when did people rip off Linkin Park ? i thought Linkin Park did the ripping

you haven't heard of Tool and A Perfect Circle before haven't you?

Last of us looks interesting. Its just been announced, I would have been surprised if there was any gameplay shown. Even ME 3's reveal didn't have any gameplay.
I am surprised that it was naughty dog and not santa monica working on it.

Khuutra said:
disolitude said:
Khuutra said:

Shit, nothing wrong with that universe. Probably the most interesting to ever come out of the Transformers, when you get down to it: it's a big part of why I enjoy Transformers Prime, though it's not something that will make me read the books. And yes, I will accept most kinds of gameplay because gameplay is only one component of experience, and I've been waiting to play as Grimlock since I was two Christing years old. There's more to experience than a single metric against which to measure things.

There is nothing ridiculous about my reservations concerning MGR. Ooo, we got some really quick cut-aways between Raiden attacking enemies unimpeded! Ooo, no hint of how the combo system works or if it exists! That isn't gameplay, it's about as illustrative as a cutscene is but it isn't as dynamic. The most exciting thing about the MGR trailer is its tone, and what that suggests about the direction of the game, because the gameplay just isn't there as of yet.

And I'm sorry but I listened to the Transformers Movie soundtrack, growing up, more times than you've eaten chicken. That album was great when I was ten, but it failed to do one thing and that was age gracefully. The only track that still stands up properly - it's been a couple of years - is the... I think it was Lion doing a metal cover of the Transformers theme.

Stan Bush's songs involved little if any "screaming metal guitars", since it was almost all synth (like the entire cartoon was nothing but cheesy 80s synth music, though I still love it for nostalgia's sake). The only metal songs I can recall besides the main theme are "Hunger" and "Instruments of Destruction", and both of those songs were awful. Awful.

In my post I said 80s screaming guitars. Any music that i associate with old transformers has the 80s guitar rifs and solos...synths too...80s is the key word. Main theme, Dare, The touch...anything stan bush pretty much. I must hae replayed the end credits song to the first high moon studios transformers game 30 times. I dont think those types of songs aged badly at all especially when considering actual musicianship involved in playing them. Yes they were cheesy but they were willingly cheesy. Current transfomers soundtracks are just as cheesy but dont realize it and are serious in delivery and tone which is rediculous to me.

I am not sure what kind of a gamepla showcase you wanted to see in a 2 minute trailer for MGR. At least gameplay was shown and it looked like it has potential. Works perfectly fine as a sample showcasing the greater things to come. I liked the trailer as a standalone entity as it had these little things which appeal to me. The 80s guitars for one... :D

PullusPardus said:
disolitude said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? 
when did people rip off Linkin Park ? i thought Linkin Park did the ripping

you haven't heard of Tool and A Perfect Circle before haven't you?

Ive seen both of those bands live ...there is very little linkin park is able to rip off from those 2 even if they wanted to.