By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Rising, Diablo III, C&C: Generals 2, Last of Us, Epic's new game and more trailers UP! - MGRising: Revengeance trailer added!

Tagged games:

Carl2291 said:
lestatdark said:

Go on, fuel your hypocrite speech. Did I ever defend Bioware? I'm talking about ME3 here, not the entire catalog of Bioware this gen, which is a very different approach to your current reply. Your entire defense rests on the fact that they haven't built a game similar to Baldur's Gate? BS and you know it, DA:O was as close to Baldur's Gate as any game will ever get, you know it, true BG fans know it, so bring a better argument next time.

If Bioware is doing both modes to appease to a broader spectrum of fans, then what the hell is wrong with that? Oh I forgot, they have a duty to make the game YOU want, not the game that can be played by everyone. If a game has different approaches that both RPG fans and action fans enjoy, then how in the blazes is that a negative? The only issues I see here is in your own self engorged sense of ownership. 

Funny though, like Pullus pointed out, you go all lovey-dovey on a trailer for a game that shows squat of what it will actually do. Odd though, that's a common MO for you (and for a lot of members here too, when it comes to a particular console and developer). You're just falling in the line of the "It's made by ND, so it must be good".

And before you even dare to judge me again, know that to me ME is the superior game, by far, than ME2 and I shall not even dare to mention the abhorent BS that was DA2 in relation to DA:O. DA:O is one of my favourite games of this generation as well ME. I'm glad if Bioware manages to approach ME3 to what ME, but alas, unlike typical reactions, i'll wait until the final product is here and look into the majority of the previews (not one) to formulate my own thoughts, because you know what? That's the rational and logical thing to do, something a lot of gamers this generation have forgotten.

Dragon Age Origins was the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, that was still nowhere near the same class as Baldur's Gate. You don't need to tell me anything about Origins. I've praised the game here more than enough since I played it. Actually... Where did I even say Dragon Age Origins wasn't that good? Where did I even mention it? I deliberately left out Dragon Age Origins and mentioned Dragon Age 2. Dragon Age is very much in the same tier as Mass Effect. A BioWare RPG that was fucked up (for me) due to BioWare wanting to expand to another market.

It pisses me off because it's obvious what they're focusing on. It's obvious where most of the time and effort is going. When you release a trailer for your RPG, you generally have something relating to an RPG in your gameplay trailer for an RPG game. Be it picking some loot up, interacting with your group, fighting an enemy, hinting at what gameplay there will be. The Mass Effect 3 trailer showed us Shepard, telling his team to stick to cover, then running and rolling towards a Reaper like it was nothing. Dodging laser beams and rolling away from whatever else was flying towards him. A typical generic space marine shouts "Holy Shit!". He runs up to a button, presses it. Wow. Basically running down a corridor to press A to Awesome. The awesome being a cutscene. That's telling me what the core gameplay will be for Mass Effect 3. It looks hugely similar to Mass Effect 2, only it's focusing more on Shepard being awesome then the team you worked so hard to get together, actually helping.

And looooooooooool, nice of you to play the Sony lover card there Typical. Read my post back to Pullus. Read through my post history to see my "love" for Sony 1st party this generation. Killzone has been mediocre (I don't own KZ3). God of War is far away from my fave Hack n Slash (Bayonetta says Hi). I've never played inFamous (And don't intend to). I've never played any Jak game. I own Uncharted 3, yet I still haven't played it. Don't try pull the "All hail Sony! All hail Naughty Dog!" card just because I liked that trailer (For reasons I already said) for that yet disliked this.

Infact, I must be sat wanking over Square Enix, right?! After all, Hitman was my fave trailer of the VGA's. Go check my thoughts on Square Enix, if you want.

And... Judging?! lol Before you try that... Take a look at your own posts. Also funny you called me a hypocrite - "I love how gamers have become this generation" ... "Odd though, that's a common MO for you (and for a lot of members here too, when it comes to a particular console and developer). You're just falling in the line of the "It's made by ND, so it must be good"" ... Yep. I'm judging alright. Pot. Kettle. Black.

AND! You're talking about giving the game a go? Just so you know - I will. I've always planned to. Another thing I've always planned on doing is not buying the thing. It's a rental. The problem with telling people to give the game a go before bitching - BioWare are doing all they can to entice gamers into it. That's the point of a trailer. It's an advertisement. A preview. A taster of what you can expect. If these videos don't entice you into the game or show things you simply don't like, then you're not going to WANT to give the game a go.

Might I cordially suggest you two end the conversation here, this is pretty heated and I do so hate it when people I like are all at each other.

Especially when you two keep shitting on Mass Effect 2, come on guys, I'm standing right here wearing my Liara pants and everything

Around the Network
Millenium said:
"Epic Games is developing Fortnite, an expansive original world that invites players to be creative, resourceful and collaborative by day and defend their prized fortress by night ... all utilizing the latest Unreal Engine technology."

I guess the trailer & the name pretty much gave that all away. :P

Does sound cool that you have the time to collect items during day time, and defend during night time though.

Yeah this does sound pretty fun. I liked MineCraft but couldn't really get into it all that much, Terraria is amazing.

Any game where you can make your own base to fend off whatever attacks you gets a thumbs up in my book! Hopefully we see more of it pretty soon.

Khuutra said:

Might I cordially suggest you two end the conversation here, this is pretty heated and I do so hate it when people I like are all at each other.

Especially when you two keep shitting on Mass Effect 2, come on guys, I'm standing right here wearing my Liara pants and everything

I'll stop if it's derailing the thread somewhat...

Screw your pants though. Tali pants are where it's at.

crissindahouse said:
NotStan said:

I played it on medium to clarify, that was my second playthrough, never actually finished it on nightmare, only ME2

But when the game quotes that it takes apparently 40 hours to complete and I do it in half the time, wth?

because you rush through the game. everyone could do it but where is the fun then? i did never understand how people can play so fast through a game. maybe i do what the developers makes happy, i watch every corner what they did there and how they created the places. ok dragon age didn't have so much too look because it didn't look so great but still for example i know it will take over 300 hours for me to play through skyrim even if i could do everything in 100 hours. i need some hours for one freaking dungeon, no clue how other people can play the dungeon without looking at every pixel lol.

As I said I did all the side quests that were possible for me, and no I didn't rush through the game, I tried to explore every little crevice before proceeding with the main quest each time, done all the missions that were possible and even spend few hours looking for the side quests whenever I could. I may have missed some between the main quests because I decided not to do about 3-4 laps of the map after every main quest, but whenever I looked I did whatever was available, mages envoy etc. It even got to the stage where I was travelling between places to get attacked in order to get some more xp - that's how I discovered Wynne's quest.

PS. I didn't use the guides for every single bit, but I've tried to explore everything by myself - I may have missed a few bits, but did everything I could between the main points in the story line - Earl of Redcliffe revival, Freeing of the Mage's tower and others I cant recall off the top of my head as I've finished the game about a year and a half ago now.

Also have Awakenings, haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

pezus said:
axumblade said:

For the first time since Red Alert 2, I'm excited about a Command & Conquer game. Bravo Bioware.

While it was just a cinematic trailer, my interest in Diablo 3 is at an all-time high.

Last of Us was a great trailer. Can't wait to see more about the game. I love the fact the main girl looks like Ellen Page but it voiced by Hit Girl. :D

And, based off nostalgia alone, I can't wait to buy the HD remake of Tony Hawk (as long as you don't have to use a ridiculous peripheral).

Wait, is that a fact?

Who is this "hit girl"? O.o Anyways voice is:"Ashley Johnson"

https://twitter.com/#!/TheVulcanSalute

Around the Network
NotStan said:
crissindahouse said:
NotStan said:

I played it on medium to clarify, that was my second playthrough, never actually finished it on nightmare, only ME2

But when the game quotes that it takes apparently 40 hours to complete and I do it in half the time, wth?

because you rush through the game. everyone could do it but where is the fun then? i did never understand how people can play so fast through a game. maybe i do what the developers makes happy, i watch every corner what they did there and how they created the places. ok dragon age didn't have so much too look because it didn't look so great but still for example i know it will take over 300 hours for me to play through skyrim even if i could do everything in 100 hours. i need some hours for one freaking dungeon, no clue how other people can play the dungeon without looking at every pixel lol.

As I said I did all the side quests that were possible for me, and no I didn't rush through the game, I tried to explore every little crevice before proceeding with the main quest each time, done all the missions that were possible and even spend few hours looking for the side quests whenever I could. I may have missed some between the main quests because I decided not to do about 3-4 laps of the map after every main quest, but whenever I looked I did whatever was available, mages envoy etc. It even got to the stage where I was travelling between places to get attacked in order to get some more xp - that's how I discovered Wynne's quest.

PS. I didn't use the guides for every single bit, but I've tried to explore everything by myself - I may have missed a few bits, but did everything I could between the main points in the story line - Earl of Redcliffe revival, Freeing of the Mage's tower and others I cant recall off the top of my head as I've finished the game about a year and a half ago now.

Also have Awakenings, haven't had a chance to play it yet

ok to be honest i bought the full package at once so i don't really know how long the game takes without all dlc's and awakening. but for other games i read so many times someone played through deus ex for example in a few hours and i really don't get how they do it. i need like double the time the average player needs and i think i'm a better gamer than the average core gamer. i could play it so fast as well but then i would quit gaming.