By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Rising, Diablo III, C&C: Generals 2, Last of Us, Epic's new game and more trailers UP! - MGRising: Revengeance trailer added!

Tagged games:

Diablo 3, C & C generals, alan wake, transformers, and bioshock infinite. Can't wait these games look great.

Around the Network

gotta few spelling errors in there

thranx said:
Diablo 3, C & C generals, alan waje, transformers, and nioshock infinite. Can't these games look great.

last of us looks awesome

Khuutra said:
PullusPardus said:
Khuutra said:

Nobody in the whole world is defending the soundtracks of the recent Transformers movies, but I think you need to go back and actually give the original movie's soundtrack a listen again because except for one or two pieces (and the main theme was by Lion, not Stan Bush) it is a shambles. Now that isn't to be taken as acquiescence to the idea that Transformers soundtracks are somehow worse than they used to be: like I said before, the Transformers Prime soundtrack is completely suitable and will stand on its legs in a few years in a way that the original show's failed to do.

Seriously though

Seriously

Try listening to that soundtrack again, and then come back and tell me how cool all that synth is

okay, i have a question, Khuutra, does it hurt you or something when someone has a different taste or opinion as you? i mean you keep TRYING to make people like what you like and trying tooooooo hard as well, not everyone have to share your views.

Disolitude is good people. I don't hold any illusions about being able to change his mind but I'd like to at least carry out the conversation to its logical conclusion, because I anticipate either I will learn something or I will show someone something they hadn't thought of before.

I as well appreciate when someone tries to present a different point of view in a logical manner. Having a good debate is pretty much why i come here for...

As far as relistening to the old transformers soundtrack to see if i would like it today, there is really no need for me to do this as i know i like it. Maybe someone with a critical ear who hasnt already developed a taste for this kind of music would think differently but this is part of my musical dna at this point.

Its not something i could listen to every day, but once a month when i hear one of these tunes, or fight to survive from Bloodsport...im a happy kid again.

Carl2291 said:
How can people be impressed with ME3?

Its looking to be a huge upset. The "trailer" was Shep running at a Reaper after telling his team to stay in cover. He did a roll. He pressed A to Awesome. We got a Maw attacking a Reaper. It was rubbish.

Stop liking things that I dont like. Stop making BioWare want to make a Gears of War clone. STOP IT.

Awesome, a game that has at least 40+ hours of content and you're making a general assumption based on a minute and a half clip.

I love how gamers have become this generation

By the way, they have already said that the gameplay on ME3 is closer to ME than ME2 if you play it on RPG mode and most gameplay previews so far have pointed out to that as well. Do we have any idea in what mode was that clip played? It could have been Action Mode for all we know, which is supposed to be the so called "bro-shooter" mode, like you so eloquentily put it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
pezus said:
lestatdark said:
Carl2291 said:
How can people be impressed with ME3?

Its looking to be a huge upset. The "trailer" was Shep running at a Reaper after telling his team to stay in cover. He did a roll. He pressed A to Awesome. We got a Maw attacking a Reaper. It was rubbish.

Stop liking things that I dont like. Stop making BioWare want to make a Gears of War clone. STOP IT.

Awesome, a game that has at least 40+ hours of content and you're making a general assumption based on a minute and a half clip.

I love how gamers have become this generation

By the way, they have already said that the gameplay on ME3 is closer to ME than ME2 if you play it on RPG mode and most gameplay previews so far have pointed out to that as well. Do we have any idea in what mode was that clip played? It could have been Action Mode for all we know, which is supposed to be the so called "bro-shooter" mode, like you so eloquentily put it.

I don't know about the 40+ hours though. It took me ~20 hours to complete ME1 and ~30 to complete ME2. I'm betting on about 25-30 for ME3

For me it was 35 hours for ME and 50 for ME2. This is counting all the DLC's and doing every single mission and exploring every single planet on ME1 and mining every planet on ME2 plus playing on Veteran (ME1) and Hardcore (ME2) first time, so you can shave at least 5 hours for ME's DLC's and 10 for ME2.

I'm not saying that the games are 40+ hours, they can be beat in much less time but the total amount of time can reach 30-40 hours. And I consider myself a rather good gamer, never dying once on both games nor wasting too much time on main missions.

If ME3 continues the trend of building up more content over the previous versions, then I can easily see reach that mark.

Still, my point still stands. If you can judge such a game in just 90 seconds gameplay, especially one game that has varied gameplay possibilities, then something is very wrong in this kind of mentality.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I never understood the gameplay estimates, DA:O was estimated to be at about 40+ hours gameplay, I finished it completely with all the side quests in 17, ME2 was estimated to be great amount too, I did it in about 21 on normal and 24 on insane(After alot of practice). I don't rush it either, I take my time with games, unless they're FPS.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
I never understood the gameplay estimates, DA:O was estimated to be at about 40+ hours gameplay, I finished it completely with all the side quests in 17, ME2 was estimated to be great amount too, I did it in about 21 on normal and 24 on insane(After alot of practice). I don't rush it either, I take my time with games, unless they're FPS.

Well not everyone is as Awesome as us, eh?

Personally I findMass Effect 3 is looking fine, I have no problem with Shephard being a bit more boss than usual. Also just watched the R6: Patriots trailer... NICE!

Jay520 said:
thranx said:
Diablo 3, C & C generals, alan waje, transformers, and nioshock infinite. Can't these games look great.

Just a couple.. haha shouldn't type in the dark and not edit before i post. all fixed i think.

NotStan said:

You finished DA:O with all sidequests in 17 hours....? How. Is. That. Possible? o_O

My 100% save file, on Nightmare, hit the 100 hour mark just before I fought the Arch-Demon at the end. 

Current PC Build