By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 - THE OFFICIAL THREAD! - Now with DLC Trailer on newest Post!

d21lewis said:

I was playing it earlier when my GF made me stop and wash her car. I fired it back up just now and was greeted with a "Story so far" video package. I jizzed in my pants! So far, it's a great game with gorgeous graphics*

*I'm only an hour in

I didn't jizz my pants, but I was really impressed by that "Story so far" video when I turned it on this morning for a quick 30-minute game.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Anyone in the UK ordered FFXIII-2 from GAME? Don't expect to get the game on Friday, from what I hear they are having massive stock problems.

Gamestation, owned by the same people.

They haven't withdrawn money or dispatched the game yet, I'm getting worried.

Well you can't really expect a Friday arrival, the game won't be dispatched and delivered the next day right off. Usually what happens is that the game gets dispatched on Tuesday or Wednesday and gets to customers by Friday.

But game has loss insurance credit rating with publishers so they got stock late or haven't got it al all (same with gamestation). I ordered from shopto.net and got the game 2 days early this morning,

Rob-Ot said:

Well you can't really expect a Friday arrival, the game won't be dispatched and delivered the next day right off. Usually what happens is that the game gets dispatched on Tuesday or Wednesday and gets to customers by Friday.

But game has loss insurance credit rating with publishers so they got stock late or haven't got it al all (same with gamestation). I ordered from shopto.net and got the game 2 days early this morning,

Shit. I've checked forums and Game / Gamestation users have had dispatch emails trickling through, will probably arrive on the release day or a day late, that is if they dispatch the game early tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed.

The music of the game is very different for a Final Fantasy game, but it's also quite good. I'm not really sure what some of the reviewers has problems with.

Also if I must say so: Caius is a fucking bad ass.

Wagram said:
The music of the game is very different for a Final Fantasy game, but it's also quite good. I'm not really sure what some of the reviewers has problems with.

Also if I must say so: Caius is a fucking bad ass.

Yeah so far im about 6 hours in and i like most of the music although there was one particular that i didnt like (The one from the 2nd boss fight pretty much at the end of the 1st episode).

Around the Network

I'm a big fan of the 'story so far' bits. I like when games can show a quick tid-bit reminding of what just happened. It helps that it's during a loading screen.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

but here's what it is thus far.

So far,
I think the graphics, in many aspects are better. the framerate and hair is worse. But overall the sacrifice of hair is okay with me.
The grass on the ground looks way better. The environments look more like actual environments. The animations and weather effects are neat.

The story is enjoyable. Not a classic story or anything atleast thus far, But, enjoyable. I've found the character interaction to be really fun, and the ability to say ridiculous things is quite funny. I like serah a lot, Mog reminds me of my dog, and Noel, i'm not sure of, but doesn't grate me like Snow or Hope did.

A couple issues. I thought FF12, and FF13 was atleast a little difficult. So far this seems easier like 9,10,10-2 where those took 15 hours to die once. Though 13 achieved this difficulty by game over after leader dies, and locked crystarium. I've thought the music was Consistently Great in FFXIII. The best music here thus far, seems to be higher than the best music in FFXIII. But every once in a while you here a song, and it's just strange.

I'm actually finding XIII-2 to be more difficult than XIII was. I've actually seen the game over screen a few times. That may be because i'm crazy and going to harder places though. I came in expecting no difficulty, so I am happy that I have died a few times now.

Wagram said:
I'm actually finding XIII-2 to be more difficult than XIII was. I've actually seen the game over screen a few times. That may be because i'm crazy and going to harder places though. I came in expecting no difficulty, so I am happy that I have died a few times now.

Maybe so, I'm not that far in. I just remember dieing earlier in FFXIII and FFXII, but that could have been because I didn't know what was going on. haha.

They had a good idea with including difficulty modes... except they should have made a hard mode instead of an easy mode to an already not  difficult game haha. :P.

After I beat it I'ma going to try easy mode to see if it will be as easy as kirby's epic yarn.

...Really? that's it? *facepalm*

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android